Four

Ineffable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Four[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Christmas[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]
Junmyeon was sitting in a van around the north port of Busan. He was still thinking about that test result. It wasn't accurate, was it? Like, how on earth could he even fall for his wife's killer's son? And moreover, he was sure he was straight. The detective sighed and leaned back, trying to focus on his mission. "Jongdae, what time is it?"

"Eight fifty..." Jongdae replied. 

"What do we know about Shindong so far? Did you search, Kim?"

"I've searched about that guy, Shindong." Minseok said. "He is a leader in ships, boats, and cruises business. I think the Monarch wants to-"

"Extend his stupid business? Yes... those dirty people." Junmyeon massaged his forehead. "Do you have a picture of him?"

"Yes." He gave him a paper. "He has no criminal record. I think he knows nothing about the Monarch."

The man shook his head. "Impossible... something is wrong here. When Junho and Yoonah were talking, he said something about a person named CSW; and I clearly heard that Shindong is this person's assistant. Though now you say he is the CEO. I think something is missing..." He mumbled. 

"Oh... CSW..." He thought. "I'll try to get more information about Shindong."

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Are you sure the meeting was going to be held here?"

"Yes, sir. Monarch told his lawyer about it in the living room."

He nodded. "Jongdae?"

"Yes?"

He sighed. "Nothing..." Suddenly, his eyes caught some men walking out of the ship. "Isn't that..."

"Should I call the backup team?" Jongdae asked. 

"No..." He said. "Wasn't the meeting going to be held at nine? Why are they leaving?" He asked, looking at them. Shindong bowed at Junho and his men before going back to the ship.

"Come with me..." Junmyeon got out of the van. 

"Yes, sir." They followed him.


Junmyeon walked in the ship with s. "Excuse me?" He went in the room. "Anyone here?" He asked. 

"Hello!" Shindong walked in the room with a bowl full of fruits in his hand. "How can I help you, sir?"

"I... I was searching for someone. Lee Junho. Do you know him?"

"Lee Junho?"

"Yes. We heard he has some businesses with you. You know, we were all together during our military service, so..." Jongdae said. "We were searching for him."

He frowned. "I don't know such a person." He said.

"Are you sure?" Minseok walked closer to his desk.

"One hundred percent."

"Oh... we might have gotten the wrong address, everyone!" Junmyeon took out a fake business card with Minseok's name on it. "Please inform us if you knew someone who has seen him. Thank you." He grabbed his colleagues' shoulders and walked out of the ship. 

"Good thing, hyung!" Jongdae said but received no response. 

As soon as they got in the car, Junmyeon started shouting. "Are you stupid?! Are you crazy? Have you lost it?! Military service? Why should you even say that?!"

"I'm sorry, I was thoughtless..." Jongdae shook his head. 

"Never, never, never do something without my approval! Got it?"

"Yes sir..." 

"Shindong..." He sighed. "He is one of them, for sure."

"Hyung..." Jongdae called. "Are you... going back to your home for Christmas?"

He looked at him, poker-faced. "Are you crazy? Why should I risk everything I've done? I'm even here to meet my grandmother, you forget? If my granny didn't live here, I'd just send you two, or no. I'd send noona and Baekhyun."

"Hyung..." He mumbled. 

"We are sorry, sir." Minseok bowed his head.

"I got to spend this Christmas all alone." Junmyeon looked out of the window. "All... alone."
*

"Kyungsoo-yah!" Chanyeol waved his hands as he ran to him. "I missed you, bastard."

He pushed him away. "You know I don't like it when someone touches me like that!" 

He pouted, but turned to the other with a smile. "How are you, Sehun-ah?"

"I'm... fine, Chan." He mumbled.

"What's wrong with him?" He nudged the latter.

The shorter boy chuckled. "He asked Jongin to join us, and he refused." 

Chanyeol knocked the dentistry student's head. "Are you still in love with that jerk? Fool!"

"Hyung!"

Kyungsoo rang the bell as he shook his head. "My father has sent some servants to this house so we'd be more comfortable."

"That's cool of your dad." Chanyeol gave him thumbs up. "He really cares for you..."

He laughed. "Whom? My father?" 

The door opened. "Welcome, young master." The girl bowed.

"Maria! It's good to have you here!" Kyungsoo tapped her shoulder. "Let's go, guys!"

"So, how's your studies?"

"Can't be worse... I try my best, but... it feels like nothing works for me." He sighed. "We are on a vacation! Please don't remind me of these things..."

Sehun walked faster and grabbed his arm. "Aren't you going to tell him about your cool tutor?"

"Sehun-ah!" Kyungsoo gave him a death glare.

"Who is this cool tutor? Huh? Huh? A girl? Is she pretty? Huh?"

"Not a girl, but a man in his thirties..." Sehun giggled.

"No way! Were you gay all this time?!" Chanyeol shook his body excitedly. "How does he look like? Is he tall? Is his face handsome like Lee Dongwook? Is his body masculine? Is he gay too? Does he know about your feelings? Have you confe-"

"Enough!" Kyungsoo shouted. "I am not in love with him. I don't know about his uality and I think this topic is really ridiculous." He gave his jacket to Maria and they walked to the mansion.

Chanyeol looked at the latter. "He is still in denial." Sehun put an arm around his shoulder, and they followed the house owner. 

*

Junmyeon was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Monarch... that man didn't let him sleep in peace. " you..." He mumbled and turned to his left. His eyes became wide open when he heard his phone's ringing sound. He picked up the phone. "Yes?"

"Good morning, Mr. Kim!"

"Ah..." He took a glance at the clock. It was seven AM. "Good morning." He sat up. "What's up? Are you having fun there?"

"Fun... well, being away from university is really nice." He whispered. "Were you sleeping?" 

"No... no..." He rubbed his sleepy eyes. "I was awake."

"I wish you were here."

"Huh?"

"I... I mean..." He went silent.

"Kyungsoo?" Junmyeon called. "Are you there?"

"I meant..." He started again. "I could study here too."

The detective chuckled. "It's all right. Take a rest for now. We'll continue after you come back."

"Ok..."

"Where are you now? I can hear sounds..."

"At the beach... our house is close to the ocean, so I decided to take a walk h-" He gasped. "What's that?" He said in fear. 

"What is it?" He got worried. "Kyungsoo?"

"Ma'am? Wake up!" 

"What is happening there?" Junmyeon stood up. "Kyungsoo!" He didn't answer. "Do Kyungsoo!"

"Mr. Kim... this... this woman is one of our servants!" He explained. "She is lying here on the beach, and she isn't breathing!" He said. "I can't find her pulse..." He said. "It seems like she was fallen from the cliff."

"Oh my..." He went to the cupboard to take his other phone. "Do not touch her anymore... call the police." He said. 

"Ok- ah!"

"Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo, are you ok? Kyungsoo!" He ended the call and put both phones away. "I..." He bit his lower lip. "He is fine..." He started pacing back and forth. "Isn't he?" He touched the wall. "I... I can't leave him like that..." He went to the wardrobe to change clothes.

*

"It was a suicide..." 

Kyungsoo heard the policeman say. He was sitting on a rock silently, covering his body with a blanket. An officer walked to him. "Were you hurt?"

"It wasn't serious. Just my ankle twisted. I'm better now. Thanks." He bowed his head. 

"Hyung..." Sehun sat next to him. "You're really strange. How could you come out of the house all alone?!"

"It was just an accident. Why are you being like this?" He whispered. "I always go walking alone when we are here."

"You should at least inform us." Chanyeol knocked his head. "Let's go home now."

"Ah..." He glared at him. "I can't stand on my feet. Can't you see-"

"Kyungsoo!"

His eyes widened at the sight of his tutor. First, he thought his eyes were playing with him, but no. It was actually Kim Suho, standing there. "Mr. Kim..." He stood up.

"Yah! Mr. Kim!" Sehun waved. "What is he doing here?" He whispered to the older boy.

"I don't know..."

The tutor ran to them and stopped in front of his student. "Thank goodness, you are ok..." He hugged him tightly. 

Two taller boys' eyes widened, and they exchanged looks. "Is he that cool tutor?"

"He is..." Sehun smirked. "I can feel love in the air, can you?"

"Yup!" They giggled.

Junmyeon kept rubbing his back and patting his hair. "I was danm worried. What happened to you?" He pulled away and took his hands. "Are you hurt somewhere? Is everything all right?"

"I'm fine, Mr. Kim..." He mumbled. "Don't worry about me..."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you going home or... are you going to the police station?"

"The officers said I can go there the day after tomorrow because tonight's Christmas eve and tomorrow is Christmas day, so... home." He smiled.

"Ok. Let's go. I came with a cab." He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter