Three

Ineffable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Three[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Panic[/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]

Junmyeon got out of the taxi and stood in front of the famous chinese restaurant. He took out his phone and called his student. "Yes, I'm here." He ended the call and put his phone in his coats pocket. He was trying to find out the reason why Kyungsoo suddenly called him and asked if he was free that night to meet at a restaurant. Maybe... he wanted help in something? Or... he wanted to talk about something that was bothering him. Anyway, it had made him anxious. He was excited to meet Do Kyungsoo, and that wasn't something sensible. He shook his head when Kyungsoo opened the door and walked to him.

He walked to his tutor and bowed. "Mr. Kim..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I just wanted to..." He breathed out deeply. "Let's just... take a seat first."

*

It seemed like Junmyeon was looking at the menu to choose a meal, but in real, he was thinking deeply. He couldn't figure out the reason why Kyungsoo had invited him to a dinner. Had he found out about his identity? No. That couldn't be. Like how in earth should he understand that he was a member of the police? And why the hell should he invite a detective to dine with? He cocked his head and hummed. 

"Did you choose?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Um, yeah... I'd like Mapo Tofu." 

"Char siu for me please." He told the waiter, and the man left them alone. 

"So..." Junmyeon started, making the latter turn to him. "Why are we here? Isn't it too much for a tutor and student?"

"Uh, right. Well..." He pressed his lips together. "I just wanted to say thank you. This dinner is just a very simple thank-you."

"For what?"

"The day you saved me from that blind date." He sighed. "Heck, my sister was so mad, but the point is that I didn't see that girl."

"Aha..." He smiled, nodding. "You're welcome, but why didn't you like to date her? You are going to get married sometime in the future. It is better to marry someone who your family approves."

"Well, she was a politician's daughter... yes. My family approved her, though... it was all for the sake of our family and my father's power. I barely know her. How can I live with someone I don't even like?" Kyungsoo took his cola to drink some.

He breathed deeply. "So what is the thing about Jongin? He is laso trying to steal your heart."

The student stopped and put his cola can aside. "Jongin is a little bit... you know, I don't exactly know if I am hetero? A homo? Or... hm, a biual? He is just pushing things, and even if by any chance I want to date a man, it will never, never, never be Kim Jongin."

He chuckled. "Do you even know who you are searching for? Have you dated someone up to now?"

"I have, but... they weren't really the one I wanted." He trailed away. "How do you understand if you love someone?"

"Um..." The detective locked his hands together. "It's... you... you know, the world is not that nice, hm? But when you fall in love with a person... the world looks better and happier."

"Ah..." He nodded.

"And... you think about that person a lot. You start to wake up and go to sleep while thinking about them."

He cupped his chin with a hand. "You felt the same about Joohyun-ssi?" Junmyeon frowned and looked away. "Uh, sorry. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to-"

He sighed. "Joohyun was that kind of once in a lifetime for me. She was the most beautiful, energetic, and wonderful woman I have ever seen."

"Oh, so she was beautiful..." He mumbled. "I bet you loved her hard..."

Junmyeon smiled. "I am ready to give as much money needed, just to see her again and tell her how much I love her." He shook his head. "It wasn't my last sentence to her before her death..." He sighed. "Kyungsoo, after falling in love, tell them soon, you may regret it later." He said. "And in a relationship, remind your lover that you love them regularly, ok?"

He nodded as if it was a lesson he had to learn too. "Yes, Mr. Kim."

A hand put their meals on the table. "Here you are!" 

Kyungsoo raised his head at the familiar voice. "Jongin!?"

"Oh, Kyungsoo hyung!" He took a seat on a chair at their table. "Sorry for ruining your dinner date..."

"We aren't on a date." The medical student corrected him with a frown. "I just want to know how you found out that I'm here." He said.

"Well, I have my own ways."

He narrowed his eyes. "Are you spying on me?" He asked. "Are you?"

"Um..." He pretended to be thinking. "Uh, hyung, you become too scary when you look like that. I can't focus."

Kyungsoo looked away. "Leave us alone."

"Dating someone as old as him is silly as hell." He said.

"I'm not dating him! Can't two people have dinner together and not be dating?!" He shouted, making everyone turn their attention to them. "I said leave us alone, are you deaf?!"

"I say..." Jongin stood up and walked closer. "You might fall for him... I'm ok with my boyfriend having affairs, though... I want his one hundred percent love. Have lust for whoever you want, you got to love me only, ok?"

"That's if he ever loved you..." Junmyeon, who was just darting his eyes from the older to the younger one, said. He looked up. "Kyungsoo clearly said he has no feelings for you."

Jongin chuckled. "And who are you to tell?"

"A teacher," He stood up. "... I'm somehow a psychologist. I can see if someone loves another person. And for now, he doesn't give a to you or your feelings for him."

"You bastard..." The taller boy raised his fist to punch the man in front of him, but he grabbed his hand and started twisting it. "F-! S-stop! Let g-go of... ah! Ah!"

"You shouldn't mess with me, little boy..." The detective pushed him away. "Go back to your mommy, ok?"

He looked at him angrily. " it." He touched his wrist. "I'll show you what I've got!" He threatened before running out of the restaurant. 

"I'm so sorry for the thing you had to see..." Junmyeon bowed to everyone in the restaurant. "I'm really sorry."

Kyungsoo tapped his arm, and he turned to him. "I'm sorry, it's my fault."

"It's not." He smiled. "Let's continue eating."

*

Junmyeon was sitting in the secret bar, smiling at the messages his student had sent. It was weird how he felt happy when he spent time with Kyungsoo or texted him. He was deep in the thought that a hand touched his shoulder. 

"Hyung..." 

"Ah," He shook hands with him. "Jongdae-ah..." He looked at the other man with him. "Who's he?"

He looked at the latter. "He is Detective Kim. A new member of our team. He was transferred to our station from Incheon." He took a seat in front of him.

"I'm Kim Minseok." He bowed ninety degrees.

"Aha, nice to meet you, Mr. Kim." He bowed his head as well. "Take a seat."

He sat on a chair next to Jongdae. "It's my pleasure to meet you, sir. I've heard your name a lot when I was in Incheon. I really wanted to meet you in person. There aren't a lot of people who have had the honor of seeing your face. You aren't even on TV or other social media."

He smiled thinly. "I want to be away from media for some reasons." He said. "So, what do we have here, Jongdae?"

"Uh, it's about the mic we've put in the house." He replied. "I asked Minseok hyung to-"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Junmyeon raised a hand. "Is he older than you for real?"

"Um, yeah. He is." He smiled. "I know I seem older visually, but well... I've always suspected him to be a vampire, aish..." He rolled his eyes.

Minseok chuckled. "I'm sorry, Jongdae..."He patted the younger's shoulder. 

"You seem close."

"We are close because of our wives." Jongdae answered. "They are cousins."

"Oh, cool." He said. "Ok, continue..."

"So Jongdae asked me to listen to their conversations, and what I got is... they are going to buy ships for smuggling. They are going to export drugs to Japan. They talked about United Arab Emirates too, but you know... coded statements between big criminals aren't easy to understand."

"Wow, it seems like the Monarch has big plans for his sh*ts." Junmyeon put both hands on the table. "I'll find more information about ships and their names so we can stop them. Maybe..." He moved towards them. "We would be able to catch Monarch this time."

"I've brought a summary of the talks between Kim Heechul and Monarch that-" He gasped. "My bag is left in the car. I'm sorry. I'll be back..." He stood up and walked out of the bar.

Junmyeon took a look at his phone and smiled at the 'sleep well, Mr. Kim' that Kyungsoo had sent and unlocked his phone to reply.

"Who is that?" Jongdae asked. "You finally found someone to make you smile?" He moved closer to see. 

"It's Do Kyungsoo. Shut up." Junmyeon mumbled as he sent the reply with a wide smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter