Chapter 8: Finale

The Marriage Contract

He stirred in his sleep and opened his eyes only to find her sitting upright next to him. ‘Why are u not asleep?’ he asked

‘Sore throat getting worse’ she replied

She continued to cough when he stood up and switched on the light.

‘Have you taken your medicine?’ He asked while struggling to open his eyes fully

She gave him a nod. She couldn’t speak anymore, it’s too painful to talk.

He sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. ‘Why didn’t u wake me up? You should have woken me up. You shouldn’t suffer in pain alone like this especially when you have a husband whose look alone is enough to relief you from 70% of pain’ he said while her back.

She laughed only to regret it. Even laughing is too painful.

‘It has been three days now, I really miss your voice’ he looked into her eyes lovingly while her hair

She typed into her phone ‘I miss talking to you!’ and showed it to him. This is how they’ve been communicating these past few days.

He pinched her cheeks and was about to pull her into a kiss when she put her palm between their lips. She pushed him and he laughed. ‘I told you I have super antibodies. I won’t get infected easily’ he continued laughing.

‘Do you want me to read you a story?’ he asked with a look of concern in his eyes when he sees her still coughing so bad.

She nodded excitedly and waited for him to pick a book only to be surprised when he started story telling without a book.

Once upon a time, a girl named Lilly came to Jungkook and forced him to sign a marriage contract out of the blue.

She raised her eyebrow at him and shook her head as she knows where this story is going.