Chapter 2: Moving in

The Marriage Contract

‘Phew’ she wiped the sweat off her forehead ‘this is so heavy’ she said after moving the sofa bed with Jk

‘Told you I could do it on my own. You’re so stubborn, I know you won’t listen’ Jk said

‘Not letting my hubby do the work all alone. If there’s a cctv in this house, people might think I’m abusing my husband because you’ve been carrying all the heavy stuffs since early morning’

‘Well, this is what my biceps is for’ he flexed his arm ‘You can sit and watch your husband do all the hard lifting while enjoying the look of my biceps while I’m wearing a sleeveless tee’ he teased

‘Stop showing off’ she scoffed with a smile

‘Too bad you can’t show off your arms huh’ he teased

‘Hey, if I wear a sleeveless tee, you’d be admiring me nonstop and no work would get done’ she pushed her ponytail

‘Wow, where did that confidence came from’ Jk laughed when the doorbell suddenly rang.

He ran to the door to pick up their pizza delivery. They decided to just order food instead of cooking today because their energy this weekend is solely for making a slight makeover to their new house.

‘Time to have a break for lunch. Our pizza has arrived. There you go’ Jungkook said as he placed the pizza box in front of her and sat opposite of her on the floor.

‘Why do you not like pickles?’ Jk asked while grabbing a piece of pizza.

‘No idea, I just don’t like them. I prefer olives on my pizza.’ She replied

They continued eating in silence while watching the tv.

Jungkook noticed that she had stopped eating. ‘Are you done?’ he asked with a surprise

‘Yup’ she replied

‘But, you only ate 3 slices of pizza. Are you full?’ he asked

‘Yes, I’m really full. I ate the side dishes too you know, so it’s not only three slices of pizza in my stomach.’ She replied

‘I ate the side dishes too. But I won’t be full until I finish this whole box’ he said ‘Do you trust me if I said I can finish three boxes of pizza on my own?’

She looked at him in disbelief. ‘Omg, I’ve never really seen a person eat one whole large box let alone 3 boxes.’

He was amused by her expression and was also fascinated by the fact that she only eats that much of pizza. ‘One day, let’s have a competition. I’ll go easy on you because you’re my wife. But it’s going to be a serious competition. I’ll finish 3 large boxes of pizza on my own and you have to finish 3 small boxes of pizza on your own. And the winner gets whatever he or she wants.’

‘I sure can finish 3 boxes of personal pizza. One for breakfast, one for lunch and another one for dinner. Yeah, we can do this competition.’

‘No, you smart girl. You’re supposed to finish them in one sitting’

‘No way, you’re crazy jk. You’ll die if u overstuff yourself with food.’ She replied and he chortled at this

They continued bickering with each other until at last she gave in when Jk reduced the number of boxes to two.