Chapter 6: Not Monday again

The Marriage Contract

‘Why do you have to make sound now ughhhh’ she said angrily when her alarm from her phone rang. She’s grateful that she has recovered from her fever and cough but she’s sad that her sick leave is over. She snoozed her alarm and got frustrated when she had to wake up again the next 10min. ‘Damn, I hate my job, why do I have to sacrifice my precious sleep for this annoying job’ she let her frustration out while walking to the bathroom. After 30 minutes, she was ready and she went to the kitchen to eat her breakfast. She was shocked when she found Jk already awake and eating his cereal. She remembered the memories from a few days ago. Jungkook took care of her really well when she was sick and the thought of him treating her so well made her smile widely. But, when she remembered that their marriage contract is ending in two months’ time, her heart fell. She joined him at the dining table and poured milk into her cereal bowl. ‘Why are you awake this early? You said today is a work from home day didn’t you?’ she asked while munching.

‘I’m awake early to make you jealous. Look at me, I’m still wearing my pyjama and I’ll be working like this while you’re stuck in the traffic jam’ Jk stuck his tongue out at her.

She rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue back at him not wanting to let Jungkook win a childish argument like this. When she saw that Jk was about to pick the last pack of snickers on the table, she quickly grabbed it. Jk was shocked at this. He’s never seen her acting childishly like this. He grinned before he took it back from her.

‘Man, I can’t believe you would do this to a girl. You’re not a gentleman’ she blew out air of frustration before standing up and grabbing the snickers again from Jk. She ran to the living room and was shocked when she heard footsteps following her.

‘You’re not getting away easily from me. Give up now before I catch you. Once I catch you, you’ll regret it really’ Jk warned while running after her. They both came to a stop in the living room. Jk now behind the sofa and Lily in front of the sofa.

She moved to her right to run back to the kitchen only to let a huge scream out when Jk caught her and they both fell to the sofa. She was on top of Jungkook and Jungkook was not letting her go. He has already encircled his arms tightly around her waist, not wanting to let her go. ‘Till I get my snickers back, I’m not letting you go’ he smirked at her ‘And I don’t mind staying like this at all, all day long’ he winked while strengthening his grip on her.

She struggled to get out of his strong grip. She tickled him but it was no use at all because he had no reaction. ‘Don’t you have any sensitive receptors on your skin. How are you still okay when I’m tickling you’ she said while still struggling to get away from Jk.

Jungkook blushed when he realised the close proximity of their body. He quickly overturned her so that he was on top now. He supported his body with his hand being careful not to crush her body with his weight. He started tickling her and she shrieked.

‘Okay okay, I give up!’ she said nearly out of breath by now. Jungkook stopped tickling her and grabbed his snickers back with a huge grin on his face. She finally managed to run away when Jungkook loosened his grip on her. ‘By the way I finish your ice cream yesterday’ she stuck her tongue out and ran away quickly out of the door after grabbing her backpack. ‘And please wash the cereal bowl I used just now, thank you’ she shouted when she was already out of the door.

Jungkook shook his head at this. ‘Didn’t know you could act like a child’ he smiled while walking back to the kitchen to do the dishes.

Lily now already in her car blushed when she recalled Jungkook encircling his arm around her waist.