Hot Coffee

Something New

“How’s it going, handsome?" An accented voice said from behind, as Taecyeon stood in the office lunch area, fixing his coffee.

   Taecyeon looked behind him to see whom the voice belonged to. The tall blonde behind him winked and then leaned on the edge of the counter, watching the other intently. Taec sighed and went back to stirring his coffee unnecessarily.

   “You okay?” The slightly smaller man asked. “You’re usually a morning person~”

   “I’m not a morning person . . .” Taecyeon replied, taking a sip of his well stirred coffee. “I simply put up with the horrors of early morning hours so I can afford my four thousand dollar car note.” He took another small sip of the coffee, letting it warm his chest and wake him up some more as he looked over at his best friend, and most trustworthy employee.

   His name was Mr. Horvejkul; but to Taecyeon, he was simply Khun.

   It wasn’t long after Nichkhun’s transfer from California, that they became friends. The two had hit it off so incredibly well that now, there wasn’t much Nichkhun didn’t know about Taec, even his uality was no secret to the other.

   “Yah~ Drink your coffee so you can stop being so emo.” Khun said.

   Taecyeon smirked. “You know I could fire you, right?”

   “Of course I know, you big ogre,” Khun smirked back. “But you won’t.”

   “And you know this . . . how?”

   The blonde guy reached up and ruffled Taec’s hair. “Because you looooove me~”

   Taecyeon flinched away and pushed Khun’s hand away. “Yah! Don’t push it!” He stepped towards the door and the other followed, chuckling behind him.

   Something collided with Taec’s chest and the feel of hot coffee splashed across the front of his suit. Taecyeon gasped loudly and jumped back in pain as the blistering liquid soaked into his shirt. “Yah!!” He snapped his head up to see a scared looking Junho, also covered in the light brown drink, staring at him with wide eyes.

 

 Junho looked up at  his boss and the site made him want to jump out the window. He winced at the coffee dripping down the expensive dress shirt of the tall man in front of him and then panicked. “M-Mr. Ok!!” Junho sputtered. “I’m so very sorry . . . aiish, here . . . let me help you with that!” The boy grabbed a roll of paper towels that was sitting on one of the lunch tables and tore a few sheets off the roll, dabbing at the older man’s shirt.

   He was so absorbed in trying not to think about how nice the body under the shirt felt to the touch, he didn’t even hear the man telling him that it was alright.

   “I’m sorry, I’m so careless . . . please forgive me.” Junho kept mumbling as he wiped clumsily at his boss’s dress shirt. “I’m sor–”

   A hand grabbed Junho’s wrist and Junho looked up at Mr. Ok as he looked him in the eye. “I said it’s alright . . . please don’t worry about my attire.” The smooth, deep voice of his superior said.

   Junho’s cheeks turned red and he stepped back a little, holding his coffee soaked binder to his chest and bowing. “Thank you, sir.” Junho noticed his other colleague standing next to their boss and bowed. “Good morning, Mr. Hor–” Junho blushed, trying to pronounce the foreign name that he’d sadly forgotten. “Mr. Hor . . . Hor-bvej–” He tried his hardest to pronounce the ‘v’ sound properly.

   “Horvejkul.” Nichkhun said with a grin at Junho’s shy blush. “Just call me Khun, okay?”

   Junho nodded and looked between his two co-workers, timidly.

   “Well, I’ve got a meeting . . .” Nichkhun announced, turning to Taecyeon. “There’s a few shirts in my office, you’re welcome to one,” He turned to Junho. “Mr. Lee . . . always a pleasure bumping into you~” He winked and then chuckled at his own joke before stepping away, leaving Junho to stand in an awkward silence next to their boss.

   “Would you mind running to Nickhun’s office and grabbing a shirt, for me?” Taecyeon suddenly asked and then went to set his empty coffee cup in the office sink before stepping into the restroom.

   Junho stared in front of him for a moment, before facepalming at himself. Oh my god, how can you be so stupid?! He thought to himself as he turned to go to Mr. Hor-blahblah’s office. “I hope I don’t get fired . . . I can’t afford to lose this job too.” He sighed as he stepped in the spacious office and went to the closet, opening it and finding a shirt that would match his boss’s suit. What color was his suit . . . Ah that’s right . . . it’s navy blue. He remembered how good he thought Taecyeon looked when he came into work this morning. Junho blinked as he imagined his boss in a Navy uniform, every spot on him clean and perfect.

   The thought was shiver inducing.

   Junho shook his head and grabbed a white shirt and then all but ran out of the office. He shouldn’t be allowed to think such things while he was in the office. It’s not right. He shrugged off curious stares from a few of his co-workers as he made his way into the restroom, biting his lip as he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

   HOLY FLYING MONKEYS!!! Junho squeaked and then flailed his arms up, covering his eyes at the sight of Taecyeon standing in front of one of the bathroom sinks, shirtless, and scrubbing a spot of coffee out of his tie . . . shirtless.

   The older man turned to Junho and set his soiled tie on the counter. “Ah, thank you very much, Mr. Lee.” He reached out to take the clean shirt from Junho, the muscles in his shoulder and chest flexed at the motion.

   “Um,” Junho stared at the perfect body for a moment and then looked away, blushing. “N-No problem, Mr. Ok . . .” Junho closed his eyes as his bosses fingers brushed against his own. “Once again . . . I’m very s–”

   “Don’t say ‘sorry’ . . .” Taecyeon cut him off and Junho opened his eyes, looking at him as he buttoned his clean new shirt up. “First off, it was an honest mistake and I wasn’t looking where I was going . . . and secondly,” Taecyeon looked at the man with a straight face. “Apologizing so much makes you seem weak and scared . . . You have nothing to fear with me, understood?”

   Junho looked into the eyes of the taller man and found himself frozen. Everything in his heart had told him that talk was cheap, but the more he looked at the tall, beautiful man in front of him, the more he wanted to trust him.

   This was dangerous ground, and Junho knew it.

   But he was drawn to it.

   In the end, Junho simply bit his lip and nodded, shyly.

   Taecyeon smiled. “Good,” His smile soon faded into a frown as he pointed out Junho’s ruined clothes. “Why don’t you take your lunch break now so you can run home to change your clothes?”

   Junho looked down at himself and then blushed. “I-I walked here, sir . . . it’ll take too long.” He watches his boss reach into the pocket of his suit and pull out a leather wallet, flipping it open.

   “Here,” Taecyeon held out a bill with a large number printed on it. “Take a cab, change your clothes. You can have some extra time for lunch later on~” His smile was stunning.

   The younger boy stared at the other for a while, before finally bowing, taking the money and murmuring quietly. “Kamsahamnida. You’re very kind, sir. Thank you very much.”

 

Taecyeon looked at the bowing man in front of him and smirked.He eyed Junho’s bright smile, showing a set of perfect teeth, and his red cheeks that seemed to squish his already small eyes. Jeez, how does a grown man pull off aegyo so well?

   He blinked out of his temporary trance and then grabbed his suit jacket, his tie and his dirty dress shirt. “Wh-While you’re gone . . . could you drop this off at the dry cleaners?” He handed the shirt to his assistant, trying to distract himself. “Oh . . . and do I have any meeting’s today?” Taecyeon looked at the soft faced boy.

   Junho’s eyebrows rose and then he opened the binder in his hands, skimming through a couple of pages and then nodding. “You have a nine o’clock with the CEO about the business trip to Busan this weekend, and a one o’clock with a representative from our brother company.”

   “Ahh, I forgot about that trip~” With a sigh, Taecyeon looked at his assistant and then smiled. “I’ll leave first.” He bowed and then walked to his office, running a hand through his thick, long locks of hair, nodding at a few of his employees as they greeted him and then stepping into his office.

   He closed his office door and leaned against it, staring in front of him as his thoughts lingered on something . . . someone.

   He wasn’t sure how long he’d stood there, but after a while, there was a knock on his office door. Taecyeon spun around and fixed his tie before opening the door, suddenly face to face with Park Jin-Young. “Ahh, Park sunbae~” Taec said, a little shocked to see his CEO on this floor. “I was just on my way to your office.” He noticed Nichkhun standing not too far behind the older man.

   “Ugh, cut the formality crap Taecyeon. I’m here to talk about business.” CEO Park said, letting himself into the office.

   “Fair enough.” Taec said, watching as the man sat down in his chair. “. . . Can I offer you a coffee, sir?”

   “No, thank you.” Mr. Park didn’t waste any time. “Honestly, I’m worried about sending you to Busan.”

   “What? Why?” Taec frowned, since no one ever really doubted him before. He wasn’t used to it.

   “Because you’re too young!” Mr. Park said, before sighing. “But you’re truly the best negotiator I’ve ever seen . . . But these investors are all older than me, and traditional . . . But you’ve dealt with older people before . . . But this is probably the most important deal this company has ever made . . .” CEO Park kept going back and forth, scoffing dramatically once or twice. “Listen, Taec . . . If you close this deal, you’re in for a raise in your salary.”

   Taecyeon looked at his sunbae and then cleared his throat. “How big of a raise are we talking about, if you don’t mind me asking?”

   “An obscenely large raise.” Mr. Park said.

   Taec smirked and his chin, deep in thought for a moment. “I’ll close the deal, sir . . . I promise you.” He bowed to his sunbae. “I have one request, though.”

   Park Jin-Young raised an eyebrow. “I’m all ears.”

   “I’d like a raise for Mr. Horvejkul as well, let’s say . . . a forty-five percent increase in his salary.” Taec chuckled when Nichkhun nearly choked behind him.

 

Junho paid the cab driver and then asked him to wait outside while he ran up to his apartment to change his clothes, offering a tip. It didn’t take long for him to get to the front door of his apartment on the eighth floor. He unlocked the door and stepped inside, noticing the TV on. With a sigh, he walked over pressed the power button before walking to his bedroom and blinking when he saw the sleeping figure in his bed.

   The person’s face was buried in the pillows, but he could make out the broad shoulders and back of the sleeping man. Junho’s face softened and he decided to get dressed quietly, not wanting to wake that person from their peaceful slumber.

   He sat on the edge of the bed, tying a new tie around his neck and then made sure all his clothes were clean before leaning over to the person sleeping next to him. I miss you . . . He leaned over and kissed the creased forehead, the dark hair back and gently brushing his finger along the firmly cut jaw line. “I miss you so much.” He whispered and then stood up carefully.

   After grabbing his shoulder bag and his keys, he quickly left the apartment, leaving that person to sleep alone, and feeling guilty for doing so.

 

“I’m glad we can agree on this,” Mr. Park said, standing up from Taecyeon’s office chair. “You can bring someone to Busan to assist you, anyone to your facny.”

   Taecyeon bowed and then glanced at Nichkhun. “I was thinking of bringing Mr. Horvejkul . . . if he doesn’t object.”

   Nichkhun smirked. “Sorry, but I actually have a life that I dedicate to stuff . . . like living~” He chuckled and Taec rolled his eyes at him. “I would go, but I have engagements planned for the weekend. Mianhae~”

   Taec sighed and looked around his office, glancing through the open blinds of the window that looked upon the rest of the office. Who the hell would he take on a business trip? Just then, the elevator door opened up down the hall and a small man came walking through the office, looking a bit out of place by the way he almost ran into everyone he crossed paths with.

   A smirk formed on Taec’s lips. Perfect.

   He watched the person walk all the way up to his office door and then open it, without knocking again. Junho froze when he saw the people in the room other than Taecyeon. “Who are you?” Park sunbae asked the boy standing in the doorway.

   “Mr. Lee,” Taec said, smirking at his new assistant. “Meet our CEO, Mr. Park Jin-Young . . .” he turned to Park sunbae. “This is my assistant.”

   Junho stepped into the office and bowed shyly. “Very nice to meet you, sir.”

   “Mr. Lee, I’ll need you to come in on Saturday morning . . . we’re going to Busan.” Taecyeon said to his assistant.

   Junho’s eyes looked as if they were going to pop out of his head. “Mwo??”

   Taecyeon just smirked as his assistant struggled to compose himself. This is going to be fun . . . 


 

To be continued