Years Later - It is Time

Paradise of Light and Shadow

"YA Woo! Watch out there's a-" Slash. The rice bag split in half in midair, sprouting all of the creamy white rice on the ground. "Wow Wooyoung. Just slash whatever comes straight at you and not care that we have a job to do."

"Sorry Minnie, it surprised me. Besides, I needed some training," a tall, handsome looking teen swings his sword around his arm and skillfully place it in his scabbard. Kneeling down on the floor, picking up one half of the bag along with some rice, he assured," It's not that bad. Just a little...broken. It's only one bag anyway. You aren't going to get fired or anything." He scooped up some of the rice and handed it over to the disgusted worker.

"Aish. Now I have to clean this all up. Thanks a lot," Sungmin whined, putting on his over exaggerated aegyo in front of the swordsman. Wooyoung sighed and silently started to sweep up the rice on his friend's behalf. The aegyo king smiled triumphantly and went back to work, putting other other rice bags on the wagon. "YA Wooyoungie~" he called over to his cleaning friend.

"Yes Sungminie?" Wooyoung asked with the same amount of cuteness as his friend.

"You missed a bit of rice over there," the aegyo king answered, pointing to a small bit of rice next to Wooyoung. The rice picker gritted his teeth as he cleaned up every speck of rice he spilled, sometimes muttering that it wasn't fair or he was tired. After he was done, he joined Sungmin on picking up more bags of rice on the wagon. They worked peacefully until someone shouted over to the two.

"Guys! Sungmin! Run away now!" The two turned around and found Sunny, Sungmin's girlfriend, running over as fast as she could with tears flowing in her eyes. She kept shouting for Sungmin to run, but the cute faced teen didn't run away. He ran towards Sunny and hugged her, her face to calm her down. This made her even more upset, causing her to push Sungmin away and screaming at him to run. Wooyoung watched from the sidelines, wondering what has gotten into the usually cheerful girl. He looked from where the girl was running and became rather cautious. In front of him, marching rapidly, were a group of soldiers heading to where he was. He looked back to where the couple were. Sungmin didn't seem to get what was going on while Sunny was desperately trying to make him run away. Then, by surprise, an arrow flew by, going straight to Sungmin. The arrow was so fast that no one had time to react --except for one.

Falling down on Sungmin's lap, breathing out her last breaths of air, Sunny yanked the arrow out of her stomach, which poured down a scarlet waterfall of blood. Both Sungmin and Wooyoung widened their eyes;Sungmin shaking his girlfriend, screaming her name while Wooyoung stared at them both. Suddenly, the saddened, crying to death, teen stood up and sprinted over at the soldiers. He swiftly grabbed the sword from one of the guards, knocked one down with the handle of the sword. He then swung it around, injuring most of the soldiers, and charged towards the main soldier. Sungmin attempted to stab the soldier, but was held down by two recovering soldiers. The two soldiers were injured majorly, but still managed to hold him down. The captive screamed Sunny's name over and over, kicking and crying nonstop. 

"What did I do wrong?! Why did you kill her?! Why?! SUNNY!!!" Sungmin screamed. He was then silenced with a strong kick on his chest from the main soldier. Wooyoung examined the soldier a bit more and clenched his teeth. It was the same one who took Jieun away from him. The same exact one. Now he took his friend's love away forever, and is hurting his best friend. Wooyoung used all of his will power not to strangle the beast in front of him as he watches the horror that unfolded in front of his eyes.

"You don't know what you did wrong? You stole food from half of the market to give to those peasants. I was supposed to kill you only, but since your girlfriend is such a brave person, she got killed instead of you," the soldier said roughly, gesturing towards the corpse of the sweet girl. Sungmin whispered the name Sunny to himself. "Now if you want, I could kill more people you love in front of you and then kill you, or you could be the only one to die now. I would start with the one over there," he pointed over to Wooyoung, who was staring at Sungmin with an emotion of fear and sadness. He knew what Sungmin was going to choose, and it hurt him so much.

"Don't kill him. Kill me. Me only and no one else. If I die, don't kill anyone else. If I must die, at least let me say goodbye to him and...her," Sungmin announced bravely, looking up at the soldier.

" General Thunder, we have to finish this quickly. We are expected at the palace in an hour for the sacrifices' ceremony," a messenger said, riding over to the scene was with a horse. Thunder nodded and turned back to Sungmin," I give you two minutes. Go."

He was dragged over to Wooyoung. "Look, I'm not going to live long so, when I'm dead, bury me next to Sunny. Tell Teacyeon that I'm sorry for leaving him, and get your girl. Don't end up like me and Sunny. Both of you two live alright. Bye Wooyoung, you have been an amazing frie-" He never got to finish his sentence because he was shot with a bloody arrow; the same arrow that pierced his girlfriend's heart. General Thunder came over to Wooyoung and announced," He's dead now. So sorry for his death but..."

He looked at Wooyoung for a while and asked," Have I ever met you before? You seem very familiar." Wooyoung froze a bit, scared of having him find out. "Say your name," the general ordered, causing Wooyoung to shake more in fear.

"W-wooyoung. Lee Wooyoung," he lied, trying to clam himself down. The general was going to question him more, but was interrupted by the messenger.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, General Thunder, but remember that we have the ceremony in about fifty minutes. We must get going." Thunder gave one last stare at Wooyoung and went back to his horse, where he rode off without any word.

Wooyoung stared at the road, then at the two unlucky lovers. He then broke down into tears, crying and clutching both of them together. He went back to Teacyeon and Sunny's family, and they all mourned over the two. Teacyeon looked the most hurt, for he couldn't stay upright, and became very quiet from his hilarious, toothy grinned self. They planned the funeral for both, making sure to fulfill Sungmin's last wish; for the two to be buried next to each other.

The next day was full of sadness and crying. They made it quick and easy for the burying process, giving them enough time to mourn. While at the funeral, during the exchange of hellos, goodbyes, and good wishes, Teacyeon came over to Wooyoung. He placed and sword, materials and a flute. The two didn't need any words, but Teacyeon still spoke. "I don't want you to suffer from the same thing that Sungmin experienced. I want you to save your friend and come right back here you understand? Don't die and don't fail. You can do this."

He pulled Wooyoung into a hug, crying a little but keeping himself together. Wooyoung hugged back, determined to save Jieun more than ever. When Teacyeon led him to the road he was to follow, Wooyoung gave him one last hug goodbye and said to Teacyeon strongly," Don't kill yourself alright? I'll be back and I'll show you Jieun. I promise." He left Teacyeon and walked along the dirt path to no real direction whatsoever.

Jieunie, now I'm really coming to save you. Just you wait for me.

--------------------

Jieun looked back at her lonely dark room before turning back to the direction where she was walking. This was the day, the day where she was going to really sacrifice herself to the world. She was determined to sing prayers throughout her life, but was scared as well. All sacrifices always died on the first day, making herself shiver a bit. She clutched her necklace hard, whispering Wooyoung's name. She entered the destination safely by the guards, but entered the dark area by herself. She entered a large area with a small bit of light from the top of the large roof of the cave. She clutched her necklace and took out white ribbons from her hanbok, whispering,"Wooyoung oppa, I don't know if you really remember me, but I still remember you. I will sacrifice myself for your well being, so please live on." She readied herself and sang loudly and beautifully, twirling around with her ribbons.

At the end of the artificial paradise
Deep, deep in the bottom of the earth
I am fated to sing prayers
All alone


From the past that had nowhere to go
I weave voices going round and round
At the edge of the repeating history
I dedicate myself to the fate


Not knowing anything, I've been continuously singing
For the whole of my life
A song for the sun, a song for rain
A gentle requiem
At the end of the road to the paradise
Warm hands were offered
But couldn't reach me


At the distorted bottom of the dying world
I am fated to sing prayers
With the gentle voices sleeping in the forgotten past
As I change my despair to a smile
I sink to the bottom of tears

"Sing Forever..." a voice was heard throughout the dark abyss. Jieun listened obediently and sang more.

------------------

Wow... this was a long chapter for me. Well you will finally meet some characters now (cough Yoona cough). Anyway... see ya.