Prolouge-How story began

Paradise of Light and Shadow

"Jieunie! Look at all the flowers," the boy exclaimed with excitement and joy. A small, frail little girl scurries over to where he is and twirls around.

"Waa~ they look so pretty. Wooyoung oppa, will everything will be as peaceful and pretty as this?" the little girl asked, giving a hopeful expression to her friend gazing at the flowers being softly blown in the wind. He turned around to make eye contact with her, and, looking at her cute expression, he encouraged her with a nod.

"Yes, Jieun. Mostly everything will be as beautiful as the flowers we see now," he assured. "But," he murmured softly to himself," flowers can't compare to how pretty, important, and beautiful you are Jieun," watching his cute friend twirl in sync with the flowers being twirled in the wind.

--------------------

"My queen. We need a new sacrifice. The last one did not meet it's expectations," a black shadow announced, bowing down to the queen's powerful, feminine figure.

"Very well. Let's see," the queen suggested, looking at the never ending scroll. Her eyes landed on one particular name and she smiled evilly. "Get me this one."

---------------------

"Wooyoung oppa," Jieun ran over, tackling him over for a tight embrace. Wooyoung smiled softly at her action, and ignored the slight pain on his back when she tackled him on the floor. After they both sat on the grass, Wooyoung brightened up his expression.

"Jieunie! I have a great surprise for you. Look!" he announced, holding up a thin metal thread with a musical sign craved in black ivory. The small child's eyes danced with joy for such a pretty gift as Wooyoung gently fastened it on her neck. Jieun clasped on the charm and stared at it curiously.

 "What is this squiggly thing supposed to be?" she asked, looking at him with her liquid chocolate eyes filled with curiosity and wonder. Wooyoung smiled gently at her and answered," It's called a clef note. It's for you to remember how great music could be. Also something to remember me by."

"Does singing count as something musical?" she asked. He brightened his eyes and answered energetically," Of course! I bet you would sing beautifully. Sing." It took him a few tries to get her to sing, but in the end she shyly nodded and began to sing a sad song.

 Wooyoung always expected her to sing beautifully, but the way she sang blew him away completely. He never knew how talented she was with her voice, her sweet angelic voice that left him speechless to the end. Her closed eyes as she sang with such emotion moved him, and her clasping his gift to her while pouring her emotions into song touched his heart.

When she finished singing, he couldn't wait to pull her into a strong embrace, hugging her protectively. He wanted to protect her, and make her his. He wanted her to be happy, with or without him (he preferred her to become happy with him), but felt something in his heart that he didn't want to feel --fear.

"Yes, that's her! The one you were looking for," a voice said, interrupting the comfortable silence and privacy of their hug. Wooyoung slowly looked forward and saw five of the queen's men marching towards them, along with some villagers. He widened his eyes and looked down to Jieun who was shivering a bit in fear. He looked back at the soldiers and stepped in front of Jieun, spreading his arms out to protect her.

"W-what do you w-want," he asked nervously, tensing up at the soldiers. His 10-year old body, didn't cause the five fully grown men to flinch. They stayed quiet and progressed closer. Wooyoung and Jieun backed away and Wooyoung, becoming a bit more brave, spoke more stronger," What do you want?" No answer was given again and this time they came faster than expected. Woo kept his guard and shielded Jieun as he backed away more. "GO AWAY!" he screamed, causing Jieun to jump a little in shock, but still clutch on to Wooyoung's arm. The silence and no action lasted a while, and Woo let his guard slightly down, but once he did, the soldiers quickly pushed him roughly away and grabbed the terrified little girl away from him.

 "Wooyoung! WOOYOUNG!" Jieun shouted, struggling to break away from their grasp. Once he heard Jieun's cry for help, he immediately sprang into anger mode. He picked up a sword, readied himself for his first time on the sword, and attacked. He managed to mortally wound the three of them with his surprising grace and agility, but once he was about to move on to attack the other two, he was knocked down by one of the injured men on the floor near him. Jieun was about to struggle about and cry again, but the leading one silenced her and spoke in a harsh, scary voice.

"Now you listen here. If you kick or scream one more time, I will promise you that your little friend will die here, right now, in front of your pretty little eyes. If you follow us, we won't dare lay a finger on this precious boy. So, what do you want to do."

Jieun looked at Wooyoung unconscious on the floor, slightly bleeding from the blow on his head. She clutched the charm on her necklace and turned to the soldier, saying in a confident but slightly wavering voice," If you don't hurt Wooyoung oppa, then I'll be okay. Please, I'll do whatever you want if you don't hurt, kill, or touch my Wooyoung oppa."

The soldier looked at her amusingly when she said, "my Wooyoung oppa", but then focused on her plead, and agreed wholeheartedly. She went over to Wooyoung one last time and whispered in his ear," Bye Wooyoung oppa. I have to leave you now. I promise to remember you, and I hope you remember me too. Bye bye." She gave him a peck on the cheek, and stood up to walk away, but Wooyoung's weak voice stopped her.

 "Don't leave me Jieun, please. Don't. Jieun Don't....." he fell unconscious again, but was later brought up away by a villager who owned a farm near the scene. Jieun couldn't hold her tears anymore, and softly cried to herself.

 

"Wooyoung oppa, I'm so scared. I don't want to leave you, but I don't want you to die. Please, if you can, don't leave me alone...."

---------------

Yeah, it's shorter than I thought it would be. I won't include Yoona, Donghae or Nickkhun until the 3rd or 4th chapter so those who were waiting for them, they won't be in this or the next chapter. Anyway how is it so far? Good? Bad? Oh yeah I almost forgot, I need you guys to take a poll for the love triangle (it will not really appear as much as WooU, but it will still be included)

 

 

 

Thanks so much for your feedback