For the Dying World--For Jieun

Paradise of Light and Shadow

The soldiers pushed the frail scared girl roughly in front of the towering queen. Jieun let out a yelp in pain, but stayed quiet, afraid of that the queen will end up hurting her friend. Wooyoung. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she missed him. She wanted so badly for him to comfort her, to take her back and play with her all day. She knew that she will probably never see him again, but she believed it was worth dreaming.

"So this is Jieun?" the queen stared through her mask. Jieun shivered slightly and nervously replied with a small nod. The queen smirked and let her voice surround the room as she held her powerful black staff.

"Well you will be our new sacrifice for our world. It's dying now because our sacrifice didn't meet HIS needs." Jieun was about to ask who was 'HE', but kept shut and nodded back in response. "You will have to wait until your eight-teen until you could actually sing for the entire world, so for now you will sing for our side of the world. Not the whole world. Alright?" Jieun nodded again, and clutched her necklace tightly, hoping for some encouragement from it. " Jieun, you write a song to introduce yourself to the world. Let's just say that you'll sing until you are fully sacrificed for the world. If you don't please him, then you'll die with no purpose. Now I assume that you would want to make use of your life, for if you save the dying world, you save your little friend." Jieun stared down to her necklace, and thought of those times when Wooyoung protected her, tried to help her, and got hurt for her. She didn't Want him to suffer. She looked back up, still clutching the clef, and finally spoke.

"Yes, I will succeed. For the world, and for Wooyoung oppa." The queen smiled as real as she could and sent Jieun to her dark chamber, which only had a candle, paper, pencil, two sets of hanboks, and a brush. Jieun smiled sadly at her new home, took her brush and paper, and began to write; pouring her feelings into her introduction, and stared at the only piece of memory, the clef note.

"It's a clef note.It helps you remember how great music could be. Also something to remember me by...."<\i>

"Wooyoung oppa...."

------------------

"Jieun...Jieun....don't..JIEUN!" Wooyoung awoke and found himself laying on the floor inside of a room, with a blanket over him. He tried to sit, but the sharp pain on his head and rib cage, so he laid down. Suddenly, a young boy his age came in and called over another man. The older one was about twenty, and looked muscular and strong, while the younger one looked skinny and fragile.

"Ah, so your awake now. Are you alright?" the older one said, getting some tea for the confused boy.

"Who are you? Where Jieun?" by the time he mentioned Jieun, he tried to spring up, but felt the pain rush over, causing him to groan and feel uneasy.

"Ya! Calm down. You mean the next sacrifice? I'm sorry, but the queen's men took her already. They are long gone right now," the older one explain while the younger one helped Wooyoung sit down comfortably.

"What? They took her? No...no she must still be here. Please don't tell me that they took her. It's a joke right?" Wooyoung said quickly, trying to hold back his river of tears. The two listening, looked at each other, not wanting to break the little boy's heart, but found it useless already, for Wooyoung easily found out

He cried. Cried like his whole world has fell before his eyes; that he was in a never ending hell. The two sat by the side, not knowing how to comfort him. They were deep in lost thought until they heard the crying soften. "Do you two know how to weld weapons?"

The answer was a plain yes from both, making Wooyoung a tiny bit hopeful. He knew that he won't be able to do anything with his age and lack of perpetration or skill, but he knew that sacrifices don't start their death until age eighteen, giving him enough time to train. He ignored the pain, and quickly knelt in front of them and pleaded softly."Please train me. Train me to weld any weapon. Please."

"Why?" the younger one asked. Wooyoung gave him a look which pretty much gave him all he needed to know, and stared at his brother. The older one seemed rather determined, and with not much hesitation, he agreed. Wooyoung thanked him over and over, and soon found out there names. Lee Sungmin, and Teacyeon. He chatted for them for a while, telling them much about Jieun, until he suddenly felt a pain on his head, and fell unconscious.

I must do this for Jieun. She will not suffer....never...

---------------------

Hey! Is it good is far? And I will decide who Yoona will end up with in the end. For those readers who didn't subscribe, at least take the poll in chapter on. Pretty please? Anyway, I promise to update tomorrow.^^