First Day Dread

"If I'm bound to fall, will you catch me?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: SECOND CHAPTERRR MWA i hope you enjoy this update!

 

 

Early birds and morning people were weird as hell... according to Jessica. She just didn't understand why people preferred to get up at the crack of dawn when they could merely stay in bed, enjoying the luxurious comfort called 'sleep'. Early birds liked drinking nice, hot cups of tea in the morning as they watched the sun rise like a phoenix rising from ashes. Jessica liked drooling on her pillow as she dreamt about who knows what.

Which is why she was silently cursing to herself as she got dressed, wearing the uniform that her father had ordered her before they even arrived in South Korea. A red plaid skirt and tie, white polo, black knitted vest, and a black blazer which she decided not to wear unless it was cold outside. Slipping her white, knee-high socks on before her black shoes, Jessica eyed the red school nametag on the floor.

"Jung Soo Yeon"

Oh God, this was really happening.

She huffed through her nose as her forehead creased, but she grabbed the nametag and placed it in her pocket nonetheless. Walking downstairs, Jessica was met by her father's proud stare. "You look like your mother, only difference is that you decided to dye your hair... well, that." Jessica scoffed, "Appa, it's called 'honey blonde' and it looks nice." Mr. Jung raised his hands up in his defense, "I didn't say it doesn't! Just be thankful Jeongho's school allows brown and blonde hair, otherwise you'd have to be homeschooled since no other school does. When Mr. Baek was still our principal, we couldn't even wear hats to school."

Adults and their 'back in my day' talks...

"Can we just go?" Jessica asked, frowning. "Sooyeon, do you even know where your bag is?" "Tch, yeah." The blonde lied, she had no idea where she left her backpack after being forced to go school supply shopping and setting her bag up yesterday.. "Oh, really? Where is it then?" Jessica looked at her father, not wanting to back down. "It's..." "Right here!" Namgil's voice suddenly appeared from the dining room, he was holding Jessica's maroon backpack that had the letters "JJ" embroidered on it. "I saw it on the counter after I went to get a glass of water."

"Oh, so that's where I left it!" "Sooyeon!"

"Shall we get going now, Young Jung?" Namgil invited with a sweet smile. "No," "Yes, let's go." The two Jungs eyed each other after speaking simultanousely. "I was actually speaking to Sooyeon, Hyunwoo." Mr. Jung faked a hurt expression, clutching the part of his chest where his heart was. "Ah, I'm deeply hurt! I'm afraid I've been replaced." Jessica furrowed her eyebrows while Namgil chuckled lightly. "Let's just go..."

But as soon as they stepped out the door, 'Damn, I do need this blazer.'

 

 

Upon arriving at the school, Jessica heaved a sigh. Namgil noticed this and glanced at her through the rear-view mirror, "Why the long face, Young Jung?" The said girl looked at him, "Ask Appa, he's the one who dragged me into this country." Mr. Jung, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, turned to his daughter. "Sooyeon, what happened to you? When you were young, you and Soojung practically fantasized about going here. One minute, you were playing barbies with your sister, the next, you're out partying." Jessica frowned at the statement, "It's called 'growing up', Appa. Didn't you go through it too?" Mr. Jung could only shake his head and go back to looking in front of him.

Namgil cleared his throat, "I hate to interrupt but we're here, Young Jung."

Jessica looked out the window and saw the same school she did yesterday. It wasn't a dream, she wasn't hallucinating; she was in South Korea and about to attend a high school she knows nothing about other than the fact that her father went there with his friend who's also the principal. "Do you want me to walk you to the door or-" "No, thanks. I can handle myself, Appa."

As she exited the car, Mr. Jung sighed. Namgil chuckled, "Aigoo, Hyunwoo~ Don't take it to heart, she's a teenager. Soon enough, she'll mature fully and understand the reason behind your actions. I watched you and your mother do the same thing, didn't I?" Mr. Jung let out a light smile, nodding understandingly. "I just hope moving her here was a good idea and actually straightens her up."

"It will, don't worry. You and your wife are smart people."

 

 

Looking around, Jessica's eyes flickered between her surroundings and the schedule in her hand. First period was mathematics. 'Great, like this day couldn't get any better.' She mentally cursed herself. Mathematics was a subject she dreaded; why should she have to figure how many miles per hour the truck driver was going? He can solve his own driving issues, thank you very much. Why look for 'x' and 'y'? Just get over it if someone's your 'x' because there's a reason 'y'.

"Jessica-ssi!" A familiar, feminine voice yelled out. Jessica looked up from her schedule and saw her student tour guide from yesterday, Sunny. "Oh, Sunny-ssi, hello." Sunny smiled at the girl acknowledging her presence. "What's your first class?" "Mathematics." The shorter girl gasped, grabbing the paper in Jessica's hand. The blonde looked at her in confusion, "What the-" "Hey, we share the same classes!" Sunny grinned, at least Jessica wouldn't feel too much of an outcast in this foreign place. "Come on, some of my friends have mathematics as their first class too, I can introduce you to them."

Sunny walked off while the latter followed from behind, walking past a bunch of other students making their way to their own classes. Jessica was aware that she joined the school a month late, but she was sure she'd figure out how to make up for the work she couldn't do. Soon enough, both of them stood in front of a door that had a sign that said "Mathematics 12" which made Jessica want to run for her life considering how much she hated the subject back in America as well. 

She watched as Sunny made her way to three girls, two of them making Jessica recall a memory from yesterday while the other one was a complete stranger to her. "Hey! Girls, meet Jessica. Jessica, meet these three." The three waved to the blonde, one of them locking eyes with her. "Blondie?" "Tiffany?" 

"You guys know each other?" Sunny questioned, looking at the both of them. "Yeah, that's the girl I told you about!" The tall one—who was Sooyoung if Jessica remembered correctly—exclaimed, clasping her hands together at the sudden recallment. "The one who Fany hid behind?" The other one—who was almost as short as Sunny—added, earning a nod from Sooyoung. "Yeah, because I was trying to escape this shikshin's UNREASONABLE wrath!" Tiffany defended herself.

"Choi Sooyoung," Sooyoung stood up and smiled at Jessica, "You must be?" "Jung Jessica," Sooyoung's lips formed an 'o' shape before she turned her head to Tiffany, "Yah, she's American like you!" "I already know that, pabo." The raven-haired girl remarked. "Nice to meet you, Jessica-ssi!" Sooyoung spoke nicely. "Don't let that nice voice fool you, Jessica-ssi." The other short one spoke up out of the blue, "She may be tall and skinny but she's a shikshin who eats at random times throughout the day and eats dinner without getting puffy at night. Hi, I'm Kim Taeyeon, pleasure to meet you." She stood up and offered a handshake; but being the anti-social girl she is, Jessica merely stared at it. "Hi..." She said flatly, earning a head tilt from Taeyeon.

"You already know me, right?" Tiffany asked with an expectant smile. "Yeah, you're the girl who doesn't look in front of her when she's running." Jessica blurted out, making Sunny and Sooyoung burst out laughing while Taeyeon surpressed hers. "It was Sooyoung's fault!" "Zip it, pink princess!"

Upon hearing the word 'pink', Jessica noticed that Tiffany was wearing something pink again; but instead of a baby pink jacket, it was a knitted sweater in a lighter shade of pink with white flowers as the design. "Speaking of, Hyoyeon still owes me." Hyoyeon? 'Probably the Hyoyeon who took off with her bag.' Jessica shrugged.

The bell rang and the rest of the students entered the classroom along with the teacher. Seeing that everyone else knew where to sit—seating arrangements were probably discussed on the first week—Jessica looked around and found a vacant seat next to Tiffany. "My previous seatmate moved to Australia, the chair's been free since last week. You can take it, but you really don't have a choice." Tiffany giggled, showing her eye-smile.

Tiffany seemed like a morning person, who else would be so cheerful this early? Jessica already didn't like people who disrupted her sleep, that meant anyone who disturbed her peace of mind were even worse. And seeing how Tiffany became a chatterbox as soon as she sat down, Jessica made a mental n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter