Goodbye, America

"If I'm bound to fall, will you catch me?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: the long await is here! after much contemplating, fangirling, and daydreaming, i finally thought of a good plot and how things would play out in this story :) welcome to my first snsd fic because my initial snsd fic was yulti which i forgot the plot to... oops :'D anyway, i hope you like this story! jeti, being my favorite pair, was a really nice fit for this plot so i hope you enjoy reading! so without furder ado, have fun, jetidal wave surfers! (i finally made a book cover too hehe)

 

"Bold Text" - English Dialogue

'Italicized Text with Single Quotes' - Inner Dialogue

 

 

Walking through the streets of Los Angeles with her sister, Krystal Jung, Jessica smiled to herself. Closing her eyes, she looked up at the sky and inhaled the air before grinning in content. Of course, this wouldn't go unnoticed by her younger sister. "You're acting weird, stop that." "Shut up." Krystal rolled her eyes at the short reply and took out her phone, "Do you wanna go eat at that Japanese place that just opened up?"

Jessica suddenly stopped on her tracks but Krystal kept walking, though she slowed down to a stop when she felt her sister's presence was no longer beside her despite her eyes being glued to the tiny machine in her hand." "Holy ," The older Jung blurted out. "Right? The reviews are pretty good too, wanna try it out?" The latter inplied. "Oh, hell no..." Jessica spoke again, this time Krystal turned around and looked the woman weirdly. "Okay, no need to be rude. Did you have a certain place in mind or-" But her words interrupted when Jessica grabbed her wrist and dragged her to who knows where.

Jessica Jung does not run, so why was she sprinting through crowds of people in the blazing heat of Los Angeles?

"WHAT THE HELL?! I SWEAR TO GOD- JESSICA!"

Finally coming to a stop at an alley, Jessica hid behind the wall and glanced at the place they were at to look at something. Krystal, who was practically gasping for air, glared at her sister. "You better explain or I'm leaving you here."

 

 

Many years back

Jessica didn't know how it happened, but suddenly she was outside of an airport, feeling the cold, autumn breeze of South Korea. It all happened so fast; one minute, she was partying nonstop with her friends, the next, she was on the next flight to her home country.

She heaved a frustrated sigh, turning to her father beside her. He had a smile plastered across his face, "Dad, I can't believe you were actually serious about this." The man looked at his teenage daughter and pursed his lips. Seeing the unpleasant look on Jessica's face, Mr. Jung pursed his lips, mustering up the courage to say what's on his mind. "Sooyeon, this'll be good for you, I promise. It's time you expose yourself to the life here and make some new friends."

"I don't need new friends, the ones I have back in America are perfectly fine." Jessica fired back, she didn't know if she was angry or annoyed; it felt like both. Her father's rash decisions were none to her liking. "Mhm, the same friends who almost got you to drink alcohol and date that boy- Gabriel, was it?" He raised his eyebrow at her.

"First of all, his name was Grayson and he was a good guy!" "Sooyeon, he was nineteen years old." "And I was seventeen!"

After all the trouble Jessica kept getting herself into, her parents had no choice but have her join Mr. Jung in moving to South Korea; not only was it convenient that her father had business to settle in their home country, it would help setting Jessica straight. Partying, coming home past midnight, sneaking out of the house, and everything else a rebellious teenager could do. As irritating as it seemed, she knew deep inside that they only wanted the best for her. But why couldn't they do that while keeping her in America where she's happy?

"I don't wanna hear any of it, Jung Sooyeon. You're going to start school here as a third-year in high school here and that's final." Jessica turned to her with fiery eyes, "Dad! I was literally about to become a fourth year student in America!" "You ARE going to start fourth year here, the school system is just different! Third year here IS fourth year in America! And the fact that you don't know that is one of the many reasons why I wanted you to move here." 

"Why didn't you just bring Krystal instead? She's the one who wants to be here so bad..." She muttered under her breath, crossing her arms. Her father disregarded her words, though he couldn't deny the truth said by his eldest daughter. It was without a doubt that Krystal had always dreamed off visiting South Korea, she fell in love with everything about it.

Later on, a black car—a BMW 7 Series to be exact—arrived it front of them. The suited driver rolled down the window, he appeared to be an old, yet seemingly sweet man. "Young Jung! It's been a while, hasn't it?" Mr. Jung chuckled, "Hi, Namgil!" The old man got out of the vehicle and assisted the two in getting their bags in the trunk. He opened the back door for Jessica while Mr. Jung made himself comfortable in the front passenger seat. 

When the man who went by the name 'Namgil' seated himself on the driver's seat, he fastened his seatbelt and so did Mr. Jung. "How's life been treating you, Young Jung?" He smiled. "I haven't been called that in a while." "Maybe it's because you're not young anymore, Appa." Jessica remarked, suddenly switching to speaking Korean when the two people in front of her did. Namgil let out a hearty laugh, "Seems like you've got a feisty one on your hands, maybe I should start calling her 'Young Jung' instead of you."

"Wait 'til you meet my youngest daughter, Soojung, she's just as feisty as her older sister.." Mr. Jung joked, earning a frown from Jessica. "So I've heard," The old man grinned, "We'll head to your house first so you can settle in while I get the others to handle your belongings."

 

 

As soon as they arrived at the said house, Jessica gaped at the sight. That wasn't a house, that was an entire mansion. Had they always been this wealthy in Korea? They literally passed by the mansion's gate that had a guard by it. And the fact that she knew her father grew up here too...

Abruptly, an elderly woman stepped out of the front door as she smiled from ear-to-ear. "Sooyeon!" When Jessica felt that the voice was familiar, she found herself running towards the woman with open arms. "Grandma!"

She engulfed the shorter yet older woman in her embrace and giggled, "I missed you so much." The grandma saw Mr. Jung walking towards them, "So you can be all lovey dovey with your grandma but not your own father?"

"Aish, that's because you're not treating her right." The woman replied sharply, as if fiery women run in the family. "Hi, eomma~" He chuckled, amused at the sight of her icy daughter suddenly melting at the elderly woman's touch. She pulled away and looked at her grandmother with sincere eyes, "I thought you had your own place? What brings you here?"

The woman smiles, her eyes turning into crescent moons. "Well, as soon as Namgil told me that you'd be arriving soon, I couldn't help but make you dinner. Now, come inside, it's chilly out here. I don't want you two to catch a cold." Jessica gasped dramatically, "O.M.G. Grandma, you literally read my mind! The food they served on the plane was so bad even lunchables taste better! Plus, I forgot it was winter season here and I couldn't grab a coat from my luggage..." She pouted.

 

 

The three family member

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter