Search

Dealing With It

KEY'S POV

I woke up on the park bench I had somehow fallen asleep on last night. I was freezing, and covered in frozed dew.  I heard cracks and crunches as I sat up and the ice that had formed on my body broke. How did I live through that? I felt like I had frostbite not able to feel anything. But when I looked at my fingers they were just a bright red. I had to get inside, get warm. I couldnt stop my teeth from chattering or my knees from shivering as I stood and walked, one slow frozen step at a time.

I hadn't gone very far before-

"Key!!!" I heard someone gasp. A group of three girls was suddenly surrounding me, and I was grateful for their body warmth.

"Aaah it IS Key!!" One girls squealed.

"He looks cold!"

"Are you alright?" A girl with glasses said. I looked at her with chattering teeth.

"f-f-fre-eez-zzing." Was all I could say. The girls just stared at me in shock and horror for a moment then grabbed me by the arm and pulled me across the street and into a house. It was warm but I still quaked with shivers.

"We should hug him! That will keep him warm!" One girl said with double intentions. But I didn't care. I nodded and she smiled-I had never seen a happier girl. The three gathered around me and I could feel the ice begin to leave my skin.

After about ten minutes, I was warmed, in fact, I was concerned I was about to get sweaty.

"Okay girls, I'm alright now." I said, but still they hugged, and I felt myself suffocating, remembering how obsessive some fangirls can be. Suddenly I remembered everything that had happened last night. And I knew what I had to do.

"Um, can I get something to drink?" I asked, hating myself for using my fame like this. The three girls leapt from me and scattered to the kitchen, I looked around and found a napkin on the table. I reached into my pocket for the sharpie I always kept in case of fans asking for autographs, and I wrote on the napkin:

  Thank you for all your help, I will come back sometime to thank you properly, But there is something I must do right now

Key

I looked at the note, dissatisfied, but it didn't matter, because I knew where Taemin was.

 

MINHO'S POV

I had been laying awake for hours on the floor. There was no point in waking up. No Taemin, no Key, and Onew and Jonghyun must hate me no doubt. I can't face that. I couldnt bear it. My muscles spazed and I stretched as my body told me I needed to move. I sat up for a moment, then fell back onto the floor, in some kind of half awake haze.

I stayed like that for so long I completely lost track of time. I got up to pee at some point. I never bothered going down stairs to eat...I wasnt hungry. Not at all. Even as my stomach roared in protest, food did not appetise me.

I was dead. I might as well have been. I just dont care any more.

 

TAEMIN'S POV

I had slept in the bathroom of the studio. Some dancers who had come in for an early practice were playing music in the studio now, so I stayed there, not wanting to be seen. I was so....bored. There was nothing at all in the bathroom to do. I had started making a rose out of toilet paper and scenting it with the hand soap. What am I going to do? How will I eat? What will I do?

Who cares? I felt a resolve wash over me as my brain went numb. Why not just starve? I could just die right here in the bathroom surrounded by cheap toilet paper flowers. No one would care. In fact, it would probably make things easier for people.

I vaguely remembered Key's voice telling me not to hurt myself anymore. Well he had broken his side of the bargain, hadnt he? I looked around the bathroom. If I'm going to die in here, I might as well speed up the process. I remembered the shattered glass in the studio.

I waited. Waited numbly through the day, as song after song after song blasted from the very sterio I had used last night. I felt myself slipping away, into a nothingness, a nubness I couldnt shake.

Finally after an eternity of empty thought, the music stopped. I stood and wobbled out of the bathroom, I had no strength.

I walked into the empty studio. Someone had washed the blood off the mirror, but there were still fragments of glass, barely held onto the wall. I grabbed a loose peice of glass and pulled, breaking it off. I sat on the floor as I held it in my hand and looked at myself. Yes. I was completely gone, I couldnt see myself anymore.

I raised my arm and pressed the glass to my flesh, pressed until the crimson started to spill over my arm. I pulled down, ripping the flesh of my arm.

"TAEMIN NO!" I heard Key scream and I wondered absently when he had come in. I felt a tear slip, not knowing why. I felt his hands pull my arm.

"STOP!" I was awake now.

"NO!" I shouted in protest. I was crying. "No, just-" I pulled the glass even further, widening the gash in my arm. It didnt hurt. Key fought me, holding my arm. All I wanted to do was end it all.

 

KEY'S POV

He was still trying to cut himself! Even as I held his arm and frantically trying to get him to stop. But he wouldnt! He kept digging the blade of glass into his skin. He was covered in blood, and so was I.

 "Oh my GOD STOP TAEMIN! PLEEEASE!" I was crying now. I was screaming. He had cut open his veins and he was going to bleed to death if I didnt do something soon.

I grabbed the glass and it cut my hand in my grip. I threw it. And to my utter terror, Taemin crawled on the floor on his elbows to it.I jumped onto his legs and held him back, even as he kicked my face, I wouldnt let go! I couldnt!

He struggled against me for what seemed like ages. Then he just-stopped. He lay there still. OHMYGOD HES DEAD! But a moment later I heard him sobbing. Why does he want to hurt himself so bad?

I wiped my face, and gasped when I saw that there was blood on my hand. I looked in the mirror and half my face was covered in blood. I wanted to scream. But I had to fix this. I stumbled to Taemins side and sat, quickly ripping a strip off of my shirt. I tied it around his arm. I had to stop the bleeding. HE HAD TO STOP BLEEDING!

He looked at me. He had stopped crying. He just watched me, trying desperately to save him. I saw in his eyes he didnt think he was going to live-no. He didnt WANT to live. And that scared me so much.

I just sat there, breathing heavily. Taemin better be fine. He HAS to be fine.

I lay down beside him. We looked at eachother. He looked okay. He looked like he didnt want to be, but he knew he was. I felt myself relax, I let my eyes close.

"Taemin." I breathed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. But you cant do this! Never! We all love you so much you dont even know-"Taemin scoffed. I opened my eyes, he was smiling harshly.

"Why would you think we dont?" I asked incredilously. He looked at me.

"How can you love me when I'm not even me anymore?" He said. But it wasnt him who said it, even thought it came from his mouth.

"Come home, Taemin." Was all I could say. He just shook his head and looked away.

"Taemin, we need you." And it was true. We needed him desperately. He looked into my eyes.

"How can I go back? I cant see Minho hate me, I just cant. It would hurt so much worse than stabbing myself with glass." He said. How could he say that?

"Minho was crying on the floor when I left. He needs you too." I said. He stared at me, something clicking in  his eyes.

"Hyung, I wanna go home." Taemin said. It was really him for a moment, then his eyes went cold again as he stood.