CHAPTER 5

Arts Meet Love

 

IN PARIS

Minho was waiting at the bus stop near his house. He decided to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries. He boarded the bus and paid the bus fare to the driver. Fortunately, there were not many people in the bus so he sat at the back seat of the bus. He took out his camera and looked at the pictures that he took the other day. As he was looking at the pictures, there was one picture that captured him. It was the picture of Yuri that he accidentally snapped.

Then, the bus stopped at the next bus stop. There were many people this time that boarded the bus. He could felt that someone sat next to him. He didn’t mind to look at the person beside him because he was immersed looking at the pictures.

Suddenly, his shoulder was patted. He surprised by the pat and immediately looked beside him.

“Oh ! Choi Minho-ssi, right?”, the person asked.

“Kwon Yuri-ssi?”, he said in surprised.

“I never thought that we will meet here in the bus. I thought I patted the wrong person but thank God it is really you. What are you doing?”, she said and tried to look at what Minho was holding.

“Nothing. I also never thought to meet you here. Where are you heading?”, he asked while keeping his camera.

“Actually, I need to go to the supermarket but I don’t know where it is. I need to buy some groceries”, she said while playing with her bag.

“What a coincidence. I also want to go to the supermarket. You can come with me”, he said.

“Really? Is it okay with you if I follow you?”, she asked.

“I’m okay with it. Come on, we need to get off this bus”, he said and got off the bus with Yuri.

The supermarket was located a bit far from the bus stop. They started to walk towards the supermarket. Yuri decided to ask Minho something.

“So Minho-ssi, how long have you been in Paris? It seems that you knew a lot of things here”, she said while walking beside Minho.

“A year and a half. I studied here and graduated. Then, I decided to stay here to improve my skill in photography. How about you? What made you come to Paris?”, he asked her.

“Well, it’s kinda complicated. It’s a bit hard for me to say it”, she said in hesitate.

“Oh, really? It’s okay if you can’t say it. Oh, we’re here”, Minho said and they both stopped in front of the supermarket.

Yuri was fascinated by the structure building of the supermarket. It was an old building but it also had modern design on it. The building was also bigger than she expected.

“Ladies first”, Minho said and led Yuri walked into the supermarket.

AFTER SHOPPING

Both of them went out of the supermarket and walked back to the bus stop. Minho noticed that Yuri carried a lot of groceries with her. He got closer to her and took one of her grocery bags. Yuri was surprised when Minho took the grocery bag.

“Let me carry one for you”, he said while holding the grocery bag.

“You don’t have to do that. Just give me back the bag”, she said politely.

“If you want it, come and get it from me”, he said while putting his left arm higher than Yuri’s reach.

Yuri tried to get the bag from Minho’s hand. She tried to jump but eventually she couldn’t because of Minho’s height. Finally, she gave up.

“Fine, you win this time. I’ll get you back next time”, she said.

Minho just smiled after hearing to what Yuri had said.

Suddenly, the rain started to pour. Yuri stopped for a moment. Minho looked at her as she was trying to take out something from her bag. She took out an umbrella and opened it. Minho immediately took the umbrella from her and held it up to shelter them from the rain.

“Thanks Minho”, Yuri said and smiled to him.

“Well, it’s a man job to protect the woman from anything including the rain”, he said and both of them continued walking to the bus stop.

They arrived at the bus stop and sat at the bench waiting for the bus to arrive. As they were waiting for the bus, Minho quietly took out his camera and snapped a picture of Yuri. When he wanted to take another picture of her, suddenly she turned to face him. He quickly put down his camera and he could hear Yuri was laughing at him. He was a bit embarrassed and he was happy to see Yuri’s smile on that moment.

Then, the bus arrived and they boarded the bus to head back to their home.