CHAPTER 10

Arts Meet Love

 

IN NEW YORK

“A showcase?”, Yoona asked her friend, Sooyoung who was also in the dance team as her.

“Yes. This showcase is held every year. It’s really important for us because it will be a high class showcase. If we do well in the showcase, we might get a chance to be famous”, Sooyoung explained to Yoona.

“I also heard that we’ll collaborate with the music team this year”, she added.

“Really? I guess it must be hard for us to practice dancing according to the music that they are playing”, Yoona said worriedly.

“Don’t worry Yoona. We can do it and show everyone that we’re great in dancing. After all, I’m sure the teacher will help us”, Sooyoung cheered her.

Suddenly, their dance teacher came into the room.

“Okay students, I guess that all of you already heard about the showcase. This year also we have decided to collaborate with the music team. This showcase is really important because a lot of important people will come to see this showcase. So, I need all of you to be ready and have fun with this showcase. So, that’s what I have to say for now”, the teacher said to the class.

MEANWHILE IN THE MUSIC ROOM

Jonghyun was playing his guitar at the corner of the room. The students were busy playing their music instruments and some of them were busy practising singing while waiting for the teacher to come into the class. Then, Jason, Jonghyun’s friend came to him.

“Hey Jonghyun, are you going to participate the showcase?”, Jason asked.

“I don’t know man. How about you?”, Jonghyun asked him back.

“Of course. It’ a chance of a lifetime. I heard that we might get a chance to be famous with this showcase. Don’t you want, Jonghyun?”, he said.

“I still don’t know, Jason. I also heard that we’ll be collaborating with the dance team. After all, it’s hard to compose a song that gives great rhythm into dancing”, he said while looking at the music sheets.

“Hey man, you don’t know unless if you try. Mr John said that he will choose some of the composed song that we make. So you might get a chance with your great talent in composing music”, Jason said and patted Jonghyun’s shoulder.

Then, Mr John came into the room. He explained about the showcase to the students.

The responses from the students were great. Some of them were excited to enter the showcase.

“There’s another thing to say. We’ll be collaborating with the dance team. So, the song that you compose must be suitable and have great beat for the dance. Okay, that’s all for today. You may go home now”, Mr John added and went out of the class.

Jonghyun packed his stuff and went out of the room. He went to his locker to keep his books. Then, he walked out from the school and went towards the bus stop. As he reached the bus stop, he saw Yoona was sitting on the bench with her friends waiting for the bus. He sat next to her with his earphone on. Yoona saw him and patted his shoulder. Jonghyun was surprised by the pat and he took off the earphone.

“Hi Jonghyun. Long time no see. You’re not going to work today?”, she asked.

“Oh, I got a day off today. How are you?”, he asked.

“I’m fine. Are you going to enter the showcase?”, she said.

“I’m not sure yet. I’m still thinking about it”, he said to her.

“I think you should enter the showcase. When I saw your music sheets last time, I know that you must be really good in composing music. I’m sure that your music might get a chance to be played in the showcase”, she convinced him.

He thought about what Yoona had said to him.

“Oh the bus is here”, Yoona said to him.

Both of them boarded the bus and sat next to each other near the window.

“Hey Yoona, do you go to any part time job?”, Jonghyun asked.

“I do. I am teaching children dancing ballet at the dancing studio near my house. It’s at least I can do to earn some money”, she said.

“I see. I do wish to see your dancing, Yoona”, Jonghyun said to her.

“Really? How about you come to the dancing studio tonight? Here, I’ll give you the address”, she said and wrote down the address on a piece of paper.

“Here, this is the address and my phone number. You can call me if you have any problem. I have to get off here. I’ll see you tonight”, she said to him before getting of the bus.

Jonghyun watched from the bus as she was walking away from the bus stop. He looked at the paper that Yoona gave just now. He saved her phone number into his phone and kept the paper into his bag.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

HI EVERYONE! FIRST OF ALL, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK TO bamboobaybee FOR BEING THE FIRST COMMENTER FOR THIS STORY ! THIS TIME I WROTE ABOUT JONGYOON COUPLE..I HOPE ALL OF YOU WILL LIKE IT ! SUBCRIBERS AND COMMENTS ARE NEEDED..