Chapter 20

Story Only I Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The exhibit is done. It was a success but Chaeyoung still felt sad even though her work got lots of praises from different artists and media present in the said event.

 

"Chaeng, let's go." Somi said to get Chaeyoung's attention for the girl is still standing in the middle of the exhibit looking at the paintings displayed. 

 

Somi and the other staffs organized an after party for the exhibit's success and they need to head there now but Chaeyoung is still rooted at the place. 

 

---

 

They we're walking on the hallway when Chaeyoung realized something. 

 

"You go ahead, Somi. I forgot something inside." Somi looked at her friend and nodded her head.

 

"I'll wait for you in the car." Chaeyoung shook her head and told Somi she'll see her in the venue itself instead. The latter just nodded her head not pressing on the topic any longer. 

 

--

 

Chaeyoung went back to the exhibit room and directly went into her painting called "Your smile". There she saw a small piece of paper at the lower left corner of the painting. It was inserted at the back part and only a small part of the paper could be seen. 

 

She saw it awhile ago while she was with the media but paid no attention to it. 

 

Chaeyoung went closer to the painting and carefully took the paper. The paper was folded neatly so she assumed it must have been there just the day of the exhibit. 

 

Slowly, she unfolded the paper. A bit nervous seeing the writings in it. The penmanship, all too familiar.

 

"If I can turn back time and go back to that place where I let you go. I would've taken it all back and give you the smile you love the most."

 

Even without the name written, Chaeyoung knew very well who this writing belongs to. 

 

CHAEYOUNG

 

She was here. She came...

 

Mina was here and she saw her paintings. 

 

Chaeyoung thought as her legs seemed to give up with this revelation. The only girl she loved saw her work. By now, Chaeyoung knew that the girl knew her feelings remained the same. 

 

All those years she spent on her art everyone thought it was to forget Mina but Chaeyoung is too in love with the girl to forget her even after everything the girl did to her. 

 

"I can never let the thought of forgetting you sink in my mind. I can never let go of thoughts of you. I tried but I failed big time, Mina." 

 

Chaeyoung said as she leaned her head on the painting. Her tears s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter