From Afar

Realization Came in Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She looked beautiful. Perfect even. A stunning vision in white.

A smile as bright as the diamonds she had on, was stretched across her gorgeous face. Fully expressing her happiness.

 

 

The wedding march resounding around the cathedral. She walked graciously down the aisle, white rose petals scattered all over it. The guests admired her. She looked like she was an angel that was sent from heaven. Light hitting her face at the right places, words were not enough to describe how she looked.

 

 

 

She glowed and everyone knew why, it was obvious.

Love was radiating from her.

 

She stopped walking, my hand reached out to her.

 

 

 

The woman that I love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But my hand held nothing but emptiness.

 

Because the man who made her this beautiful, happy and in love was…not me.

 

Those hands that I once shoved away was now worshipped by another man. I couldn’t blame her. It was me who pushed her away. I would have been the one accepting those smiles, the love, if I didn’t commit that mistake…

 

 The mistake of taking her for granted and pushing her to her limit.

 

If I could turn back time, I would have done things differently. But too late for that now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She wasn’t mine anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Flashback)

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are we?”

 

 

 

“What are we?!”she exasperatedly yelled repeating the question. Tears welling her eyes, pulling her hair in frustration, an aggravated shriek broke through her. She looked at him with so much hurt, so much bitterness.

 

 

 

Another pointless argument. That’s just what it was to him.

 

 

 

“! Dara! Would you just shut up! You’re making my headache worst that it already is!” he roared. Nursing his hangover. It rendered her speechless for a while. Composing herself she closed her eyes and inhaled a lungful of air.

 

 

“Just answer my question! Who was she?!”she screamed, belligerent.. Standing firm in front of his crouched figure, sitting on the couch opposite her. He raised himself off his seat, towering over her small form, ing his hands in front of her missing her face by inches. His fist clenching, knuckles turning white.

 

 

“She was no one! Just ing end this stupid argument! Stop this nonsense! !”he roared. He punched the wall, leaving a dent. Releasing his anguish.

 

 

“Stupid? This argument is far from stupid! Countless times its about you going astray in another woman’s bed!”she cried, fuming.

 

 

“No one? No one that you slept with while I was worried sick! I looked crazy, crying on the street looking for you cause no one knew where you were and you won’t answer your phone . When you did, it wasn’t even your voice that welcomed me! It was a woman’s voice, telling me that she was your girlfriend! That you were comfortably sleeping beside her while I was restless the whole night!” silent tears falling from her eyes, fearlessly looking straight into his intense eyes, pushing a finger on his chest at every word to stress out her argument. He held her wrist firmly and threw her hands off of him harshly, making her stumble back.

 

 

“Why are you making a big deal out of everything?! Can’t you just stop with all you jealous fits for once! Its becoming exhausting!”his deep voice booming around the apartment as he turned away.

 

 

“Cause everything that we argue about is a big deal! excessive partying, forgotten dates, sleeping with other women, being neglected… where was I supposed to stand?! You think you’re the only one exhausted of all of this?! I am too! I’m very exhausted of your ways!” he promptly turned around to face her.

 

 

“I’ve always been like this, you’re just too naïve to notice! You’re stuck in a ing fairytale, thinking I’m that damn prince! But I’m not, I’m the bad guy! You should have known that by now!”he retorted with the same intensity. Angry decibels reverberating around the room.

 

 

 

“You weren’t like that before. You…Argh!”she screamed in frustration, tightened, strangling her words.

 

 

“Y-you were just too ing caught up with your own pain, your misery…”she forcefully pointed a finger at him and massaged her temples

 

“…your self-pity, that you started changing. You felt like you were the only one feeling pain… that it entitled you to a change, the wrong kind…but didn’t you ever think that, when you were hurting that I was hurting for you? Huh?! That if it hurt you so much, it hurt me a million times more, seeing you in pain?”her breathing shallow, her head throbbing in pain.

 

 

“I- you..I- I tried... God knows I tried! I tried understanding you but…”

 

 

“I-I just can’t anymore. I’m just human. I have limits…”She sobbed as she stared at him, reading him. Trying to find a trace of the man that she loved behind those eyes that were now unfamiliar to her.

 

 

 

“I’ve changed! Normal people do! Its only you that didn’t! You don’t know what I’m feeling so don’t act like you know everything!” he countered.

 

 

 

 

“Then tell me everything!” a look of confusion was etched on his face.

 

 

 

“If you think that I don’t know everything, then tell me everything!  I’m here, I’ve always been. I’ll listen… Even her, I’ll listen about her. I’ll take the pain just for me to fully understand you.”she calmly stated. Eyes misty but full of genuine understanding and kindness. He kept silent.

 

 

 

 

“I wanna know why you’re doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter