oh OH!

Happy Accident

Her sister is so annoying!  She became friends with Byulyi first, but now Yonghee is hogging her.

 

Immediately after, she texted Yonghee about Byul coming over, only to get a “Jealous much?” text as well as a “ha ha ha” text with no other follow up! 

 

She’s not quite sure why she’s so annoyed.  It might be that she doesn’t want Yonghee to share embarrassing stories of her, or that she doesn't want Yonghee's craziness to scare Byul away, or that she’s afraid Byulyi would be closer with Yonghee soon.  But if she was being honest with herself, she just wanted Byul all to herself. But she’s not honest with herself. 

 

Her foul mood over this leaked out, causing others around her to thread carefully.  She knows it, so she’s spending more time in the trailer, away from others so as to not snap at them.

 

By the time her manager drops her off, her mood hasn’t gotten any better.  If anything, it got worse, as she spent the whole care ride home thinking about what her sister and Byulyi could possibly be doing together.

 

When she gets into her house, she can hear laughter from her sister, which only further increases her annoyance.

 

She dramatically kicked her shoes aside and stomped in, only to freeze at the scene.

 

Byulyi is wearing a neon green suit and hamburger hat, with some really creepy halloween style makeup, holding a giant stuffed chicken.  Where and how that giant chicken got through her door, she doesn't know.  Byulyi is just standing there, and she hasn’t seen Yongsun yet.  

 

But oh.

 

OH.

 

This isn’t some beautiful scene with beautiful lighting, on some beautiful background.

 

Byulyi literally looks like a clown got lost on their way to murder someone, standing in front of her very messy wall that she never finishes decorating, with some very harsh white apartment light shining on her. Despite the horrible setting and outfit, Yongsun can’t help but think Moon Byulyi is the most beautiful person ever.  And she wants this, wants her, in her life forever.   

 

The girl finally noticed her.  Byulyi gave her a huge smile (now she looks like a clown that got lost going home AFTER murdering someone).  

 

Despite the very disgusting make up, Yongsun can’t help but notice how her eyes just lit up, her smile just shine, how she literally perked up.  All her frustration in the day suddenly disappeared like it was never there.  

 

Yongsun felt herself smiling, but she’s too focused on what, or rather, who, is standing in front of her to bother.  

 

“Unnie?”

 

“MnM-unnie?”

 

She blinks out of her staring. 
 

“Yah!  What did I say about all me that! And what are you wearing? Why do you look like a circus abandon you?”

Oh how easy it is to go right back to this ease of conversation, as if a huge revelation didn’t just happen.

 

“That’s mean unnie! You really are MnM-unnie!” 

 

“You’re the one looking like..” Yongsun paused and gesture wilding to her, “like THAT!” 

 

“Yong! Shut up! You’re ruining it!”  Yonghee scolds her sister as she pops up from under the…sink.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Fashion.”  They both answer at the same time.

 

Yongsun opens , only to close it, shaking her head and she walks away while saying, “Nevermind, just… Byul-ah, we’re gonna go to dinner soon, clean up, fix your face at least.” 

 

Yonghee laughed at the bluntess of her sister, while Byul pouted, “nothing’s wrong with my face…” 

 

Yongsun felt lighter.  This isn’t like some drama where the character freaks out after figuring out they love their friend.  Nothing like that at all for Yongsun. It was just right.  There was no big revelation, no panic, no shift in the universe.  It felt more like…just waking up? As one would just normally get up in the morning, not running late or anything, just like a lazy day and she woke up naturally.

 

The singer is not quite sure, but she just knows she’s feeling awake and alive now.  And while in the back of her head are voices screaming at her to worry, especially for her career, she can’t find it in herself to care.  

 

She got out of the shower, changing into comfortable clothing for the night, nothing too much, but something more than her usual sweats and crop top.  She’s wearing jeans with a basic white t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and some light make up.  

 

When she got back to the living room, she saw Byulyi lying on the couch (no longer wearing or looking like a clown) and her sister nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where’s the other Yong?”

 

Byulyi roll her head to look at her and dramatically lay her arm over her head, crying,  “gone she left me ALL BY MYSELF” 

 

“I’m right here you know!”

 

“YOU’RE MEAN! You told me to fix my face!” 

 

“Oh get up you big baby. Unless you don't want dinner?” Yongsun stood looking down at the golfer, who just blinked up lazily. 

 

 When they’re eyes meet, Byulyi smiles, “you’re pretty unnie,”

 

“Gross!” Yongsun made a disgusted face, nudging Byulyi’s rib with her foot,  “Get up!”  

 

“Fiiiinnnneee meaniie.” She slowly got up. 

 

The golfer is wearing a simple outfit much like herself, with jeans, a t shirt, and a button up over it.  

 

“Is this okay?  You didn’t say where we’re going,” she asks shyly, looking down at herself self-consciously.

 

“Yeah you look perfect.” 

 

“Perfect you say?” Byulyi is no longer shy, she’s fully smirking now.

 

“Yes, perfect. How do I look?”  Yongsun stared into her eyes, not backing down this time.

 

Byulyi opens , shocked.

 

Yongsun smirks, “Don't dish it if you can’t take it.”

 

She walks off, then pause at the door to look back at the younger girl still standing there frozen, quirked an eyebrow, “You coming?” 

 

“Uh…yeah..yeah!  Yeah! Coming!”

 

Byulyi rush after Yongsun, trailing behind her as they head to her car.

 

“Where are we going?” the golfer asks as she buckle in, 

 

“Surprise~”

 

Byulyi pout.  

 

Yongsun kept on driving, not minding her or the silence.  After a while, Byulyi gave up, and just resort to staring.

 

“Why are you looking at me?”

 

“I want to memorize your face.”

 

“Take a picture then,” Yongsun is feeling bold today, perhaps it came from her self-realization of her feelings for the younger girl. 

 

Byulyi pause, not expecting that, before she smiles and pull out her phone to snap a picture.

 

“Aish!”

 

“What?” She smile innocently, “you told me to take a picture.”

 

“At least let me prepare,”

 

“Why?  You’ll look perfect no matter what.” The golfer reply offhandedly as she start taking selfies of herself with Yongsun driving in the background.

 

The singer can only shook her head, a small smile planting itself there.

 

The eventually arrive to the restaurant, a small place tuck in the back of an alleyway, nothing fancy, and often time, overlooked.

 

“This is where I used to go often when I was a trainee.” Yongsun said in way of introduction upon arriving.

 

“Oh! Yongsun-ah! You’re back, and with a friend!”  A kind elderly lady greeted the moment they walk through the door, “Your usual?” 

 

“Yes please, and a kimchi one!” 

 

The lady flash them a thumbs up as Yongsun led Byul to a sit close to the kitchen door.

 

“Wow unnie must still come here a lot to have a usual order.” 

 

Byulyi commented while looking around the place.  It’s not much, very bare bone, with the menu written on paper taped up on the wall, but it’s a very homey atmosphere regardless.  

 

“It’s my go to place whenever i have a new project coming up.  It’s like a little ritual at this point.”

 

“And you go here often as a trainee?” 

 

“Yeah, I didn’t, still dont actually, know how to cook.  And asking my parents to pack food for me every week is too much you know? The portion here is huge, so id get an order and it’ll last me 3 days.” 

 

Byul furrow her eyebrow, “You mean 3 days on an idol diet right?” 

 

Yongsun sigh, “yes, but even on no diet, it’s still a big portion.  And she’s nice, sometime i’d be so tired, i just fall asleep sitting here waiting for food, and instead of kicking me out, she lets me sleep.”

 

“And yet you complain about me sleeping in the practice center.” Byul tease,

 

“That’s different! This was when I was a trainee with no money, and no friend that live conveniently close,”

 

Despite agreeing with her, Byul wanted to some more, “Uh huh suuureee unnie.  I mean, if you wanted to be with me, all you had to do was ask.”

 

“Oh?” Yongsun quirk an eyebrow up, “so you would have said yes had i asked?  Good to know.”

 

The golfer’s mouth drop open as she stare unblinkingly at Yongsun, not knowing how to take this.

 

Luckily, she was save when their food arrive.

 

With a smirk, Yongsun shove a chopstick into Byul’s hand, “Eat up while it’s still hot.”

 

Not knowing what else to do, Byul quietly listen.  She took a bite tentatively, “Woah!  It’s so good!”

 

“Right? Ajumma makes the best food.” Yongsun mutter, more focus on stuffing her face.  She’s hungry okay?

 

They ate in silence for a bit before Yong notice Byul is not eating much, “You’re not hungry?”

 

“I filmed a cooking show earlier…”

 

“Aha! “ the singer point a finger at her, “You WERE on a cooking show!  Was it the refrigerator one?”

 

“....…”

 

Yongsun nods, “Okay, i’ll watch it next week.”

“I didn’t say anything!”

 

“Your silence gave it away.”

 

Byul open to reply, however, Yongsun was quicker - she shove a piece of meat in the younger girl’s mouth, “Shhh! Eat!”

 

Once again, Byul open to speak, and once again, Yongsun shove another piece of meat in.

 

Knowing a losing battle when she see one, Byul accepted and started chewing.  Of course, she’s not one to accept full defeat, so in retaliation, she started to poke the other girl’s cheek, incessantly.

 

“Stop it.” Yongsun cried, flicking her head.

 

Byul did not stop.  If anything, she poked faster.

 

“Yah!”

 

Byulyi continue to poke.

 

“I will bite you.”

 

The golfer pause for half a second before continuing.

 

Yongsun slam her chopstick down, grab the other girl’s wrist, turn her head a bit, then bite down on her finger.

 

“Ow ow ow ow ow Unnie unnie unnie”


Satisfied with her revenge, she let go and turn back to eating, leaving a pouting Byul who’s massaging her finger now.

 

“Unnniiieeee that huurrt”

 

“I did warn you.” came the nonchalant reply.

 

“This finger is very important to golfing you know!”

 

“Too bad.”

 

Refusing to lose, Byul resort to her ‘greasy’ comment as Yongsun call them, “Can i taste you too?” 

 

“Wh-” Yongsun coughed as her face heat up, taking it a very erted way.

 

“You!” 

 

Byulyi only look on with a teasing smile, “What? Did I say something wrong?”

 

Yongsun is at a lost, so instead of replying, she just pushed the girl off her chair, causing her to fall flat on her .

 

“OWWW”

 

“That’s what you get!”

 

“I’m still injured!”  Byul dramatically point to her leg.

 

“Oh, so NOW you’re playing the injure card.”

 

“Playing?”  Byulyi indignantly reply, still playing up the dramatics, “I’m LITERALLY injured!”

 

Yongsun just stuck out her tongue childishly, “Go cry me a river.”

 

“No! I don't want a river.”

 

“It’s not for you, it’s for me!” 

 

“Well … I don't want you to have a river!”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I’ll cry you a waterfall!”

 

“I don't want a waterfall. What am i gonna do with it?”

 

Byul flap her arms in mock anger, “You can do so much more with a waterfall!”

 

“Like what?  With a river, i can fish.”

 

“You can shower!”

 

“I can do that in the river.”

 

“But the water pressure!”

 

“Will be too much with a waterfall,” Yongsun calmly reply while still focusing on her food. 

 

“A small waterfall then.”

 

“That’s just sad,”

 

“Wel… well it’s still better than a river!”

 

“No it’s not.”

 

“AH! I give up!”

 

“Good.” Yongsun nods, fighting a smile that threaten to break out over the girl pouting next to her.  Byulyi really is cute despite what she say.

 

They lost track of time, between eating and fake arguing, that the owner had to kick them out, leading to two very embarrassed celebrity.

 

By the time they got back to Yongsun’s place, it’s almost midnight.

 

But as they sat in the car in the parking lot, a sense of nervousness came over them.  Neither one wants the night to end, but they didn’t want to speak up either.

 

“So um - “

 

“I had - “

 

“You go first” Byulyi said when they spoke at the same time, 

 

“No you go,”

 

“No you go youre older”

 

“You go you’re younger”

 

“Should be oldest first”

 

“I’m nice and letting younger go first.”

 

“Tradition is important, you go first.”

 

“Change is important, you go.”

 

“...fine! Forcing me, how mean..”

 

“Well?”  yongsun prompt after a few seconds of silence,

 

 Byul mumbles, “Ah well.. I - i um - i meant it…what i said…earlier.” 

 

Yongsun tilt her head in confusion.

 

“When talking about sleeping in the restaurant…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“No, nevermind!” Byulyi shake her head and hastily open the door, “I had a great dinner, thanks unnie!  See ya next time!” she slam the door closed.

 

Yongsun sat in the car, confused.  

 

Byulyi quickly open the door again, poking her head in, she rapidly told her, “Food from the show is in your refrigerator! Enjoy!”  before slamming the door shut once again.

 

What’s with this girl? 

 

Yongsun furrowed her eyebrows, thinking back.  What did she said about sleeping in the restaurant? She just said she did it.  Then Byul made fun of her. Then got greasy - oh.

 

OH

 

Yongsun smile umbasassedly.

 

Well, she still owe the girl a prize for winning the tournament.  She’ll just have to make it extra special.