This is cocky

Happy Accident

She can’t stop thinking about yesterday.  After Byulyi left, Yongsun went to bed exhausted.

 

It’s not until the new day, after she woke up from a well rested sleep, and now sitting in the trailer waiting for filming to resume (why didn’t anyone tell her that 90% of acting is just sitting and waiting), that her thoughts run wild.

 

They only meet in person a few times, but so far, it feels like they known each other their entire life.

 

And yesterday.  Yesterday was so fun.  Yongsun hasn’t felt so relaxed.  Well, yes she did get into a bit of a wrestling match, and did raise her voice a few times, but spiritually, she felt so peaceful.

 

And afterwards, after cleaning up and everything, instead of going home, Byulyi just lay on her couch, playing games on her phone, while she just sat on the floor, with her back against the couch, going over her script.

 

You’d think, since she couldn’t focus on her script before, that having Byulyi there would be more of a distraction, but it wasn't.  She was finally able to focus, all the while, very aware of the golfer laying there behind her.  

 

Not only that, but Yongsun normally would feel bad is her friend is over at her house and she’s not being a good host, focusing on her work instead of them.  However, she didn’t feel like that at all. 

 

The whole rest of the night felt oddly…domestic.  

 

They didn’t even do anything.  Yongsun was so focus on her script, that, while she was aware of Byulyi getting up to use the bathroom or drinking water, and also aware of when she lay back down on the couch, she didn’t acknowledge it at all.

 

That’s basically how they spend the night.

 

Then!  Here’s the kicker: Byulyi stayed the night.

 

Well, it started with byulyi getting up, at like midnight at this point, with a huge yawn, telling her she’s gonna go home to sleep.  To which Yongsun replied telling her to just stay in the guest room and leave tomorrow.  Byul was too tired to argue, so she just sleepily nods and went to the guest room, bidding her good night.

 

Yongsun went to bed shortly after, and when she got up in the morning for an early shoot, she peeked in the guest room (She should tell Byulyi to make sure to keep her doors lock), and Byulyi was still knock out on the bed.

 

She sent a quick text letting the girl know she’s heading to film, and left.

 

And now, she’s in her trailer, nearing lunch time, thinking about yesterday. (Again, she been thinking about ti throughout the day). And how great it was. She wants more of it, and that thought kind of shock her, but at the same time, it doesn’t.  

 

She checks her phone (Again) and still nothing from Byul.  

 

“She’ll text you when she wants.”  Her manager said, after witnessing Solar checking ehr phone for the 100x today. 

 

“I’m not waiting.”  Yongsun reply with the same lie again.  

 

Okay, so maybe she is waiting.  Maybe Byul just sleeps a lot? She doesn't seem like the person to just leave someone house without shooting a message of thanks.

 

She shook her head to clear her thoughts before heading out to check to see how much longer before they resume filming.

 

It’s really not a good day.  She’s simply a guest star for one episode, and yet, she cant get her lines right.  she’s holding everything up.  Instead of 3-4 takes for a scene, it’ll be 6-7 takes, doubling the time spent, causing the others to have to stay later than needed.  Everyone been telling her it’s okay, they all have bad days, and that filming is never on schedule, but that doesn't help her guilt.  She really really need to get it together.  

 

“Hey,” her friend, Sodam, greets her, “it’ll still be for another 20 or so minutes.” 

 

“Oh okay,”

 

“Did you rest at all?”

 

“No, too much thinking, i need to be around people to shut my brain up, maybe that’ll help.”

 

“Hm,” Sodam hums, taking Yongsun’s elbow and leading her to a table, “spill.”

 

“Spill what?”

 

“Come on Yong! What’s up with you today? I know you, you’re not just feeling off, you’re super distracted…oh!  Is it someone?? Did you meet someone??”
 

Yongsun frantically wave her arms in an X formation, “Noooo no no no nothing like that!”

 

“OMG it is someone!  Who is it??”

 

“It’s no one!” 

 

“That’s a lie straight from Satan’s mouth.” 

 

“..what?”

 

“Come on Yong, who’s been running through your head?”

 

“Oh god -” Yongsun blush, thinking of Byul who said that.  Unfortunately for her, Sodam caught it.

 

“You’re blushing! Now you HAVE to spill!” 

 

“There’s nothing to spill!”

“I can’t believe you’re lying straight to my face,” Sodam fake cry, complete with wiping away a fake tear. 

 

“You have a face that’s very easy to lie to.”

 

“That is…the most unique insult i’ve ever received.”

 

“It’s not an insult.”

 

“Sometimes, I listen to you Yongsun, and i wonder if you’re all there in the head.” 

 

Before Yongsun can reply, her manager came over, “Hey girls!  Yong, a tteokbokki truck just came for you, but there’s no information on the sender.  Can you check?”

 

Yongsun furrowed her brows and together with Sodam, they went to the parking lot area where all the food and coffee trucks from fans/friends are park.  

 

Every truck typically have image or at least a small banner letting everyone know who it’s from, mainly as a safety concern, as they can't just let random food truck in.  

 

The fact that this mysterious one got in means they must be well connected to bypass the security measure.  

 

When they got there, they see it’s actually two trucks!  A food/drink truck, mainly serving tteokbokki, and also a huge game trailer.  It’s a big trailer with a mini arcade on the inside!  Everyone was starting to gather around. No one ever sent a game trailer before! 

 

Decorating the truck and all the banners around, were picture of Yongsun in business suits.  Just solo pictures, no pictures with anyone else that can give away who sent this.  And they’re all professional picture, like official images from events, or from photoshoot.  

 

Yongsun was very confused until she read the banner across the top of the game trailer:

CEO Yong, THIS is cocky ;) 

 

“Oh my god what the heck,”

 

“You know who sent this?” Another fellow actor asks, as he looks on in awe.  

 

“I have a very good idea…” Yongsun looks around and see everyone just kind of mingling around.  Oh right, courtesy first, since it’s technically her trucks for today.

 

“Everyone!  Please enjoy the food drinks and games! Help yourself to whatever!  I’ll be back!”  

 

With that she left to make a phone call to the only person she knows that would write that message.

 

Said sender picked up before the first ring even finish, and without even a hello, ‘You got it?’

 

‘How did you know?  WHEN did you know?’ Yongsun immediately asks, because she’s pretty sure these things take time for the truck companies to do, and Yongsun is pretty sure she didn’t tell Byul about her filming in time for her to prepare this. Also, the first time Byul mention anything CEO related was last night.  Did she call someone last night to do this?  Did they put in a massive rush print/banner job? 

 

‘I just know things unnie.’

 

‘How did you even do this?  You only just called me CEO last night?’

 

‘Unnie i have connections, and yes, this is me being cocky.’

 

Yongsun sigh, ‘seriously, you just - wah - okay - thank you.’

 

‘Geez please put some emotion into that’

 

‘Nah miss cocky, don't want to feed into your ego.’

 

‘Hmp! Unnie is mean.” 

 

‘And this mean unnie is mad.’

 

‘Mean mad unnie?’ Byulyi voice tilt up cutely, before exclaiming, ‘MM-unnie! MnM-unnie! Get it?  Get it??’ (A/N - some car blasting Eminem music just drove by where i’m sitting so…yeah M-n-m…Eminem…it’s really dumb lol)

 

‘...yes,’

 

‘I’m gonna call you MnM-unnie from now on.’

 

‘Is it my couch? Was there something in my guest bed that’s causing this insanity in you? Wait, are you still in my house?’

 

‘Um…no?’

 

‘Byul-ah, it's fine if you still are.’

 

‘Oh okay then!’  Yongsun can visually see Byul perking up after wilting down (goodness, this is definitely something she have to figure out, because being able to image someone doing something without them there is just…) 

 

‘Yes, i am still here! Yonghee-unnie is here too (“HEY YONG! WE’RE BONDING!”) and yeah, we’re bonding!’

 

‘I take that back, it is only okay for you to be there WITHOUT MY SISTER! YONGHEE GO TO WORK!’

 

‘Ow!  Right in my ear MnM-unnie! She’s can’t hear you, you’re not on speaker!’

 

‘Putting you on speaker now!’

 

‘YONG!  I LIKE THIS ONE CAN WE KEEP HER?’

 

‘SHE NOT A PET! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER?’

 

‘Why are you yelling idiot?’

 

‘You started it! Let her go!’

 

‘I’m not holding her hostage geez Yong will ya relax.’

 

‘What are you doing to her?’

 

‘Why are you making me a villian?  I’m just having her try some clothes! She looks good in everything.’

 

‘She should be resting!’

 

‘How much longer are you going to make the poor girl rest?  She’ll be dead if she rest any more.’

 

‘Yeah MnM-unnie!  I have a cast, not cancer.’ Byul in.

 

‘Fine whatever.’

 

‘Dont worry Yong, i’ll send pics!’

 

‘I look amazing in those pictures unnie!’

 

‘Aish!  Who said i want any picture?’

 

‘They said picture can last a lifetime, and I want you to have me for a lifetime.’ 

 

‘GREASE ALERT’ Yongsun yells out while she can hear Yonghee choking in the back ground.  She really hope Byul pull some of those lines on her unnie, she knows Yonghee would hate it.  

 

‘I’m hanging up now you grease ball.  Have fun being a mannequin for that crazy lady i have to live with (“LISTEN HERE YOU BRAT”).’

 

Yongsun hung up before her sister can continue.  

 

God, she shook her head as she heads back to the truck area, this is insane.  Why does it all feel so right? And now that she talked to Byul, it’s like she can suddenly focus again.

 

She really can’t believe how attached she’ve become.