Fourth: Desire

Captivate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The next time Woohyun is awake, the sun has just risen up a tad bit above the horizon. The mist that has been surrounding the area like puffs of smoke has lessened but the temperature is still low enough that he’s shivering in (now he realizes) Sunggyu’s strong arms encapsulating him in a warm hug. A wide smile creeps up his face, and he snuggles closer to the source of warmth, content fills his whole being.

 

      Woohyun watches the alpha sleep for a bit longer; Sunggyu’s mouth parts apart letting out a loud snore now and then and Woohyun chuckles lightly at that. He must’ve been dead tired even without them happening. Being the leader of the pack means that he must take care of his pack members’ wellbeing first, putting his own desire last. Looking at him like this, sleeping so soundly – Woohyun has the immense urge to take care of the alpha, to baby him, and give him everything he wants and more.

 

      He shifts up to steal a kiss from Sunggyu’s lips when the arms around him tighten, promptly pulling him closer at his mischief. Woohyun squeaks a surprise gasp when the tiny pair of eyes open slowly, drowning him in the deep of his stare. Woohyun’s whole body tremble and this time, it’s not because of the cold.

 

      “Morning love.” Sunggyu mumbles, voice still deep with sleep. It takes Woohyun’s whole resistance to not gush over his alpha because he sounds hella y with his morning voice.

 

      “Morning sleepyhead.” He quips back quietly, blinding the other with his eye smile.

 

      Sunggyu is definitely oblivious of the meltdown Woohyun is having at the moment because in the next second, he shifts the omega in his hold upwards to leave tiny kisses on the tip of his nose and his cheeks. Woohyun feels like melting with soft caresses his alpha is giving him and giggles softly, obviously enjoying being on top of the alpha.

 

      They enjoy some more time just cuddling and sharing little kisses here and there, until Sunggyu deems it’s finally time get up and start with their morning.

 

      The morning light shines in between the trees as they walk pass the same route they took last night. The head alpha is the one leading the way, and his head bobs excitedly as he gushes over the detail of the waterfall somewhere in the forest. Woohyun finds himself smiling, looking at the back of the head alpha as he’s filled with unexplainable tranquility. Spending time with Sunggyu has that effect on him.

 

      They arrived at the waterfall not long after. It’s a beautiful scenic place. The waterfall is small but it’s not least wonderful. The water is so clear they can see the colourful rocks scattered in the water and little fishes swim together.

 

      Sunggyu turns against him; a proud smile is decorating his face as he pulls Woohyun closer, eyes never leaving the younger. He whispers into the omega’s ear teasingly, “Do you want to take a dip in the water with me,” and successfully turning Woohyun red like a tomato. Despite the warmness in his cheeks, Woohyun finds himself nodding at the request and Sunggyu chuckles deeply, planting a kiss on his cheek.

 

      “Stop being so cute. You make me want to bite you.”

 

      Woohyun hits his chest at the remark and parts himself from the head alpha. He doesn’t turn around until he’s at the river bank and looking behind his shoulder, beckoning the alpha with a coy smile. He pulls his shirt off, granting the alpha his glistening under the sun skin for a moment, just a brief time, before he dives in, immersing his whole body in and coming out to the surface, just to give the alpha a clear image of his wet soft tanned skin.

 

      Sunggyu can’t take his eyes off the way his omega teasing him so promiscuously, even just for a bit, and sheds his own shirt off him before joining the other. He swims closer and once he nears him, envelops the other in a hug; his hands find the other’s small hips under the water.

 

      “What a tease.” He whispers darkly as he bites the other’s ear in retort.

 

      Woohyun, still in the mood of teasing his partner, tries to create space between them but the possessive grip Sunggyu has on him is making it hard for him to make it far. He gives up soon after the wicked mouth finds another spot on his jaws. He sighs happily as Sunggyu’s mouth latches lower, nibbling the sensitive part on his neck; his skin breaks in goosebumps and he cranes his neck, giving the other man more space to mark him.

 

      Sunggyu bites and nips at Woohyun’s milky neck, adamant with leaving marks for everyone to see and know, (he’s possessive like that) until he’s sated and pulls back to review his work. An indescribable feeling swells in his heart at the sight of the faint red splotches on the omega’s neck.

 

      That’s where he’d bite him later when they mate, right in the throat.

 

-

 

After having simple breakfast by the river, they go back to the village a little bit after ten. The place is alive and bustling with pack members by then.

 

      The alphas and some betas are preparing themselves to go hunting. The rest of the betas are either running errands around the village such as collecting woods for winter or doing any menial tasks to run the village smoothly. Meanwhile for the omegas, while some of them are entrusted with helping betas preparing for upcoming winter, most of their energy is spend with helping at the omega den. The omega den is the place where the omegas are giving birth, or where the unmated omegas spending their heat cycles. And if there aren’t any, the place is busy with taking care of the newborns and the welfares of the new mothers.

 

      All eyes are on them as they enter the village holding hands. Woohyun tugs his hand from his mate once he notices the stares but the head alpha won’t even budge. He envelops him in another brief hug and plants a kiss on his temple.

 

      “I will meet you later okay?”

 

      Woohyun’s words are stuck in his throat and he nods feebly. As much as he feels so happy spending time with the alpha, he knows some pack members haven’t accepted him – them – fully for his status. He thinks bitterly of the hatred stares he received yesterday and parts with his alpha with a heavy heart as the head alpha go and join the hunting group.

 

      They have just departed and Woohyun already feels loneliness creeping up his body. He sighs dejectedly and ineffectively hugs himself trying to mimic the feel when Sunggyu hug him to no avail when someone pokes at his arm vying for his attention. 

 

      “Oh Sungjong.” He turns to meet the younger man smiling so excitably next to him.

 

      “Hyung,” The young beta starts, “did you spend the night together?” He asks with amusement in his tone.

 

      Woohyun blushes at the question and Sungjong coos at his reaction. He bites his lip, trying to explain that yes they did spend the night together, but they didn’t mate – not yet.

 

      “I understand hyung. You are glowing but not that glowing you know?”

 

      Woohyun sputters a no with even reddening face but the younger assures him ‘That’s fine. You guys will do it eventually’ and Woohyun squeaks in response.

 

      “Can we please talk about something else?” He whines, feeling horrified beyond words now. He’s not used to talking about mating with his pack members as running away and surviving from his old pack was their sole goal before. He doesn’t want to discuss of his bedroom matter (or the lack thereof) with anyone else but Sunggyu. Even thinking about it brings heat to his lower abdomen and Woohyun so does not want having the heat without his mate close to him.  

 

      Sungjong taps on his back with an understanding laugh, “Okay hyung I’m sorry for being intrusive. What do you want to do in the meantime then?”

 

      Woohyun purses his lips in thought; half relieved Sungjong doesn’t further. He’s glad he befriends the younger: even if he asks intrusive questions sometimes, he never forces him to answer things Woohyun doesn’t want to.

 

      “I don’t know much to do. Is there anything I could help with?” He asks thoughtfully. His short time around here is spent on recovering from injuries and settling down the new place and therefore there isn’t much he knows about the place yet.

 

      Back in his old pack, he was tasked with doing things the alphas deemed suitable for the omegas like cleaning and cooking. They didn’t get much freedom in their old packs as the omegas were treated as the lowest in the hierarchy. His mother passed away when he was about to turn of age, and before she passed away, she had

Please log in to read the full chapter