Third: Breathtaking

Captivate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

After having lunch together under the heavy gazes of the pack members in the dining place, Sunggyu sends Woohyun back to his hut.

 

      The kiss that follows suit is inevitable, like they have waited all their lives for it.

 

      Their lips united just for a brief time but enough for them to be drowned in their first kiss taste. It tastes like quenching a thirst they never known would ever be sated – their every skin cells prickling with little shocks, up their spines at the touch.

 

      It’s nothing they ever felt before.

 

      Sunggyu is the one to pull back first, but he keeps their proximity intact. His thumb running over the red apple cheek he has grown to love. “I’ll see you tonight.” He whispers softly against Woohyun’s lips, as if talking any louder would break the trance they’re in.

 

      Woohyun nods, he can’t help the smile from adorning his face, making his dimples even more prominent this close. The omega is positively flushed with happiness, the glow practically pouring out his every pore.

 

      Sunggyu can’t hold it in any longer seeing how pretty Woohyun looks at the moment and he draws closer, planting little kisses on each of the dimple that so prettily decorate his omega’s face, feeling his skin tingles under his touch. Sunggyu chuckles in delight at the reaction and presses another kiss on the other’s lips, firmer this time.

 

      He leaves his omega with a lingering stare and even more lingering kiss on the lips.

 

-

 

As expected, the council has requested for a meeting as soon as he leaves Woohyun’s hut. Sunggyu is not even fazed by how quick the news travelled and shows up at the meeting with no hesitation. The court is filled with the highest ranking people in their pack as well as former head alphas.

 

      Hoya stands behind him almost immediately. He knows if they are in his private chamber at the moment, Hoya would’ve relentlessly but for now, his right hand man knows better to act as his biggest supporter. He would take this to his grave but he never felt more grateful as he is now towards his best friend at the moment.

 

      “Is it true head alpha? The news about you and that omega from the South pack?” The question is thrown at him first thing by Jaeho, the latest former head alpha of the pack. The way he says the word omega as if it repulsive irks Sunggyu but he nods in return, grousing and harsh judging stares emerge from some of them.

 

      Another pack member chimes in, “Why did you choose omega from another pack?”

 

      Sunggyu knows well the underlying meaning of that question. Why choose someone other their own pack members when Sunggyu as the head alpha could choose their own pack instead of the newcomers.

 

      “First of all, who I choose as mate is none of your concern. Secondly, he is my true mate.” His statement brings another grouses from the crowd.

 

      True mate is not something unheard of but the probability for it to happen is once in a hundred year and for Sunggyu, as the current head alpha to find his from another pack is something even more scandalous.

 

      “But you aren’t mated yet right?”

 

      The question comes like a thunder. Of course, true mate or not, if they aren’t mate yet, then anyone can claim the omega as theirs. As much as Sunggyu despise the claim tradition as if the omega does not exist in the equation, he can’t help but acknowledge the fact it is not uncommon for the alphas to fight for mating purpose. And he knows well how – if he being honest – most alphas in the council lust over Woohyun.

 

      “I won’t make any more statement without Woohyun.” Sunggyu growls in warning, pressing his murderous intent down and effectively shushes up the council. “Let’s conclude this meeting.” He says with finality in his voice.

 

      The disaccord comes as whisper but none of the council members dare to act defiant against the head alpha without proper preparation. They have seen Sunggyu fight with their own eyes before and no one is brave enough to gamble their own lives.

 

      The meeting room trickles out leaving the exasperated head alpha with his right hand in command. Hoya pats his shoulder in understanding, not saying anything but offering comfort to the head alpha.

 

-

 

The moon is so pretty tonight. The full moon is not for another few days so Woohyun finds the time to be precious. He won’t remember much when it full moon, mostly because of their full transformation.

 

      Werewolves can change their appearance at ease but when it’s full moon they won’t be in touch with their conscience as much. Usually on full moon, every mated pair would go for a run in the forest. True to their instinct, they are very territorial of their possession and mate is one of the things included. The unmated werewolves would either joining the run in search of their possible mate or taking the wolfsbane akin to sleeping pill to get them through the ordeal without risking their lives fighting to death for possible mate with other alphas.

 

      The unmated omegas usually would hide in the forest and wait for their possible mate to find them, and if they are compatible, hit it off. Thankfully the pheromone that alpha has could only be activated towards their mate during the full moon, or else the unwanted mating could happen.

 

      Woohyun has never joined the run before. Mostly because he despises alphas in his old pack so much save for a few here and there. Every full moon, he would take a depressant to dull his smell and help with his transformation in his own house. He’d sleep through the night and missed the full moons every time. But now that his true mate is near, he can’t help but feel excited, lo

Please log in to read the full chapter