Second: The realization

Captivate
Please log in to read the full chapter

ok this might get longer than I anticipated. anyway, enjoy ~ 

 

 

The sun has just barely peeking into the space between the blinds in the room, washes over the sleeping omega on the bed. The light isn’t harsh on him granted it catches on the blinds more than him, but it’s enough to drive the omega into discomfort and consecutively – awake. He grimaces at the situation and grunts; his head is killing him and there’s something – someone – holding his hand in a loose grip. Even though the touch doesn’t make him squirm in discomfort and rather sends jolt of sparks into his skin, that doesn’t stop him from opening his eyes to accentuate the situation on hand.

 

      He opens his eyes gingerly and blinks in disbelief at the sight greeting him.

 

      The omega, reasoning with himself that he’s probably still not coming to his senses as he should and therefore is dreaming because there is no way – NO ING WAY – the head alpha is the culprit holding his hand right at the moment. He closes his eyes and counts to three in his head and opens his eyes again; and his sight is still blessed with the serene face of the head alpha, sleeping with his head on the bed next to his bed, right hand encapsulated in his hand, and the rest of his body contorted in not so proper way on the chair.

 

      Woohyun takes a deep breath; his heart palpitates uncontrollably, knowing the man he’s taken a liking to since he arrived in this village is sitting so close to him, and presumably waited for him all night too from the look of it. The thought sends blood to his face, making him blush like a girl.

 

      Of course, Woohyun realized the random visits Sunggyu make to his hut, but not even once the head alpha would do anything he doesn’t approve of. The head alpha would come and visit him through the pretense of visiting everyone else (oh Woohyun knows alright) and after a few minutes of staring at each other without saying anything, he would leave.

 

      Thinking of that makes him want to hold his cheeks to control the heat creeping up his face but he’s afraid of awaking the head alpha if he did. Although it proves to be unnecessary because in the next seconds, the head alpha – seemingly sensing Woohyun’s inner monologue and decides to end his misery by lifting his head and for a moment and just… stares at him, for one, two seconds – blinking like a child until his comprehension for the day finally gets to him and jolts at the realization.

 

      His eyes widen at the prospect of getting caught holding the omega hand while sleeping and Woohyun returning his stare with equally shock stare doesn’t make it any better. He squeaks in panic and Woohyun fills with amuse at the reaction.

 

      Woohyun’s hair is wavy and some stuck on his forehead, but even like this, his attractiveness hasn’t diminished. The blush prettily decorating the omega cheeks and he falls a bit more.

 

      (The head alpha wonders why his heart pounding rhythmically at the sight. No other omega has managed to do this to him, in forever.)

 

      “Uhm head alpha.” Woohyun breaks the silence they are in and Sunggyu nods in reply; still not trusting his tongue to speak without sounding moron-ish.

 

      Woohyun’s lips formed a tight line, seemingly nervous to speak to the head alpha for the first time, “M-My hand.” He quips, referring to their apparently still connected hands. Sunggyu’s eyes widen for the second time, and he releases the hand (albeit reluctantly) and clears his throat. “I’m sorry.” He mutters, even though he’s actually not.

 

      Woohyun shrugs a bit, “Where am I?” The omega tries to sit up and groans at the pain doubling in his head. The head alpha is quick to act and helps the omega to his back.

 

      “Infirmary; you need to rest more.” It’s not a request. As much as it is a command, Woohyun can detect the worry in the head alpha’s voice.

 

      “Why am I here?” The omega doesn’t remember a thing about last night; so only confusion is thrown back at the head alpha. “Did something happen?”

 

      “You don’t remember last night?” Sunggyu asks carefully as if he’s afraid of trudging bad memory from Woohyun.

 

      Woohyun tilts his head and purses his lips, trying to think of anything about last night but he can only remember up until their eyes meet up and he remembers warmth filled his heart; but other than that, not so much.

 

      Sunggyu sighs a bit and runs his fingers through his head. It’s clear he’s conflicted but he doesn’t want to worry the omega too much. “Nothing bad – I mean – thankfully it didn’t happen.”

 

      “What didn’t happen?” Woohyun asks further and sees reluctance decorates the head alpha’s handsome face and dread fills him at the sight.

 

      Sunggyu looks like he’d rather not talk about it but he knows Woohyun deserve to know the truth and he wouldn’t want to lie to the omega.

 

      “Last night you were drugged by one of the pack members and no– nothing bad had happened to you. He was caught before he could do anything.” Sunggyu sighs, “I’m so sorry. He will be punished accordingly.”

 

      Woohyun seems to be a bit shaken at the information. He knows about the pheromone alpha could release to charm omega; he knows all about it all right – his mother was the victim of it. And that was exactly the reason omegas from his old pack ran away, risking their lives from being hunted by alphas, to be married off against their will – in some cases, to different pack for alliance purposes.

 

      They have heard about the North pack – Sunggyu’s pack – about the new era under his guidance. His skill, his strength, and his intelligence have preceded his predecessor. It’s impossible to not hear about all the great things the head alpha has done and thus why when the omegas from Woohyun’s old pack decided to make a run for their lives, they headed towards Sunggyu’s pack first. And true to their belief, despite some resistance from the North pack, Sunggyu had welcomed them with open arms, sheltering them and aiding them into hiding.

 

      The head alpha gave them a new place, rations from their food and also clothed them. And when some of the alphas there look at him like he’s just a new piece of meat, Sunggyu never gives him such look.

 

      His old pack hasn’t found them yet much to his relief, but that doesn’t stop Woohyun from living in anxious state every day. And the omega is hundred percent sure it’s the same case for all omegas from his old pack.

 

      Sensing Woohyun’s state back then, Sunggyu had vowed to protect them with his life to all pack members. There were murmurs and complains from some of the North pack members but no one was willing to go against the head alpha’s order. Even their own pack members know that no packs are willing to challenge the North pack as long as Sunggyu and Hoya are there.

 

      But now, there is threat emerging within the North pack as well, granted they are not originally from here but that doesn’t make it right. Woohyun feels his stomach churning at the thought.

 

      Sunggyu must have sense his distraught because he shifts to seat next to the omega again. “Woohyun, you don’t have to worry. We have the thing under control. I promise you I won’t let anyone hurt you – or any other omega for the matter.”

 

      Woohyun looks up the head alpha again and a sad smile appears on his face. The head alpha must have noticed that as well because the same look is reciprocated towards him. Woohyun wants to tell him to address casually but their tender moment is interrupted by none other Sunggyu’s right hand man, Hoya.

 

      Woohyun is able to stop the disappointed noise from escaping his body at the very last moment but he can clearly hear the unrestrained scowl from Sunggyu and that makes him feels giddy inside despite his former reaction at the unwanted visit.

      Hoya must have seen the wrath from the head alpha’s face and he bows apologetically. “Sorry for interrupting head alpha but some pack members are requesting your presence. There are some things they wish to discuss with yo

Please log in to read the full chapter