In the Dark

I Can't Believe I'm Falling For You!

Alright, :D it's Thanksgivings break. So here's an update after a long, long, long, long, super long time. ACK, I hope it's okay >.< not the best but it's okay I guess :D enjoy! and sowwie for the long wait ;)


“Ahhh!”

A few minutes later

YeunJa sat on the bed sobbing with the bed covers covering her while MyungSoo stood in the corner angrily crossing his arms.

“MyungSoo what did you do to YeunJa?” Mrs. Kim asked placing her hand gently onto his arm.

“I didn’t do anything! She came in here in the first place!” MyungSoo said irritated throwing his hands in the air.

YeunJa’s mom looked at MyungSoo before turning to YeunJa saying, “Why did you come in here in the first place?”

YeunJa frowned, “Omma! You didn’t even tell me that you came to sleep with me and that MyungSoo was going to sleep in here!”

“Aigoo,” Mrs. Ryu sighed, “Mianhe YeunJa. I didn’t think that you would leave the room because of the storm.”

“Well, I did,” YeunJa replied angrily.

“Okay, nothing happened, so can we please just go back to sleep?” MyungSoo asked annoyed.

“Mrs. Ryu, I think that if YeunJa is fine, we should head back to sleep then,” Mr. Kim suggested.

Mrs. Ryu nodded in agreement leading YeunJa back to bed with her, while everyone else also went back to their own bedroom.

~~~

Next Morning

After breakfast, they went horse-riding. They decided on it after MyungSoo and YeunJa had an argument about where to go, swimming with dolphins, or the water park. In the end, the parents decided, getting irritated with the two arguing.

___

YeunJa, in her loose blue plaid shirt and short-shorts, stood at one of the cream colored horses, patting its side and talking to it.

“Horsie, you’re really pretty! When I ride you, make sure you don’t kick me off, arasso?” She laughed rubbing its stomach.

MyungSoo stood nearby, secretly listening to her, leaning against a wooden post in the stable.

“YeunJa, HimChan’s on the phone,” Mrs. Ryu suddenly came handing YeunJa the phone, making MyungSoo frown and look back at her.

“HimChan? Jinjja?! Arasso! See you then!” YeunJa happily smiled to herself before one of the staff members approached her and asked her for the horse she had chosen. That phone call that had made YeunJa’s day, and made MyungSoo’s day worse.

YeunJa led the group on the trail, while MyungSoo followed behind her and so on. The parents were having a fun conversation while YeunJa rode, enjoying the peacefulness. MyungSoo on the other hand, was sulking alone, quietly cursing HimChan for ruining his vacation already.

Suddenly, YeunJa’s horse lifted its tail and let out a loud and long fart, shooting right at MyungSoo’s face.

“Ack,” he gagged before laughing, “YeunJa, what did you have for breakfast?” He used his hand to wave away the stink.

YeunJa turned around and gave him a glare before replying, “The same thing you had. I wouldn’t be surprised if you let it out either.”

And with that Myungsoo stopped, leaving it at that. After a few minutes, a cloud suddenly covered the sun and rain began to sprinkle on them.

“Summer Rain!” YeunJa shouted excitedly. Placing a hand over her eyes to shield the light rain, she shouted back, “I see a lodge over there, let’s stop there.”

___

YeunJa stood outside under the roof, sticking her hand out to feel the rain. MyungSoo quietly left the parents with the staff and went to find YeunJa. He quickly found her standing alone outside and took a seat behind her on one of the benches against the wooden log wall.

“Why are you friends with HimChan?” It slipped out while he thought about their extremely close friendship. “Do you like him?”

YeunJa looked back at him before turning back around and answering, “Something from the past and I did like him. Who wouldn’t like a friend they’ve been friends with forever with? But that was a long time ago, I realized it was just because we were so close and all, so I felt like that. Why do you ask?”

MyungSoo nodded, “Just curious, you know.”

“Omo!” A smile suddenly crept onto her face, her eyes twinkling, “did you ask because you were interested?”

“Bwuh?!” MyungSoo asked in disbelief as YeunJa took a seat next to him. “No way..”

“I mean HimChan!” She squealed hitting his arm.

His eyes widened, “What are you talking about!? I’m not gay!”

YeunJa laughed loudly, clutching her stomach, stomping her feet. Wiping a tear from the corner of her eye, she said, “I’m just kidding, I didn’t think you would think I was serious.”

MyungSoo frowned watching her laugh happily before a smile found its way to his face too. “So…. is he coming?”

“Huh?” YeunJa asked as she took in a deep breath.

“HimChan.”

She nodded, “Oh, yeah, he’s getting here tonight.”

“Oh, okay,” MyungSoo frowned a bit putting up his wall again.

Noticing his aura change, she said, “That doesn’t mean that we’re going to ignore you.”

“Yeah, whatever,” he said coldly leaving her alone again.

YeunJa sat alone, bringing her knees up to her chest, resting her head onto them. As she sat there and waited for the rain to stop, but it only got worse. It started raining harder, the sky darkening. Worrying about the horses still waiting outside she ran in and asked the staff about the horses.

“Oh, yes, we do have a stable in the back. They just built it not too long ago because of the constant rain,” they explained to her.

“Constant rain?” YeunJa asked confused as the worker grabbed a pair of keys.

He nodded as they walked outside to the horses, “Lately there have been a lot of storms around this area.”

“Oh, MyungSoo,” YeunJa said seeing him standing outside alone. “What are you doing here? I thought you were inside.”

He shook his head, “No.”

“Did you want to help with the horses? We’re just bringing them out back to the stables. Wouldn’t mind a helping hand with the horses.”

“Sure, why not,” MyungSoo went along with them leading one of the horses while YeunJa and the worker led two each.

They walked back to the giant empty stable, closing the horses into their individual stables.

“JaeJin!” His manager called out from the lodge.

“Deh!” Jaejin ran to the front of the stable. After a few minutes, he walked back in, a bit of rain on his hair. “I gotta go back for a bit, you guys can leave whenever you want to.”

“Oh, Jaejin-sshi, before you go, could you tell me where the food and water is for the horses?” YeunJa asked calling him back.

“Yeah, it’s all in the back, you’ll see it,” he answered running back to the lodge through the rain.

______

MyungSoo stood and watched as YeunJa ran back and forth, putting water and hay into each horses stall before brushing them down and comforting them as the rain poured down harder.

“Don’t you think we should get back? It’s raining pretty hard now,” MyungSoo asked as he took a peek through the giant red doors. “It’s raining cats and dogs.”

YeunJa walked out of the final stall and replied, “Is it really raining that hard?” She walked over and took a look outside too, seeing giant puddles of rain form together. “What are we going to do? It’s raining too hard,” she pouted shutting the doors in front of MyungSoo.

“Well then what are you going to do?” He asked turning around to face her.

She sighed, “I don’t know, what is omma going to think?”

“I know! We could go to the shelter downstairs, it connects to the one under the lodge too,” he said as he walked over to the back and started opening random doors. “Oh, right here, come on.” He continued on leaving her behind to follow.

YeunJa ran over to the door only to be greeted by darkness, “MyungSoo?” She slowly descended the stairs, one hand on the wall, the other held out in front of her. “Where are you? This is not funny.” She continued down the stairs until a hand reached out and grabbed hers making her scream out in terror.

“Calm down, it’s just me,” MyungSoo sighed as he dragged her further downstairs. As they continued, she pulled herself closer to him holding onto his arm tightly.

Blushing, he brought his hand up to hold hers attached to his arm. When they reached the bottom, he opened another door before he found a light switch and flipped it on revealing the small kitchen and living room along with three other doors.

While MyungSoo searched the place and what were behind the three rooms, YeunJa kept close behind him, holding onto his shirt constantly glancing back. When he got to the last door next to the kitchen, he stopped.

“What’s wrong?” YeunJa asked worriedly.

“It’s locked,” he struggled to get it open, even throwing himself against the door for any effect. “Nothing.”

“So then, we’re locked in here since we can’t get to the other shelter?”

“Guess so,” MyungSoo turned around colliding into YeunJa who was still holding onto his shirt making them fall to the ground. Luckily, he caught himself with his arm and was able to place his other arm under her head to support her fall. “Mianhe,” he said as they both blushed madly before getting up.

“So there’s only one room, right?” YeunJa asked as she sat onto the couch.

“Yep,” MyungSoo answered as he looked through the small fridge for food.

“I’m going to close the door,” YeunJa said hopping up from the couch shutting the door close and locking it.

She looked back at MyungSoo who was staring at her, “What?”

“Are you hungry?” He asked sounding concerned.

“No, not really. Well at least not at the moment, wae?”

He grinned a lopsided grin, “Well, there’s not much food… except for dry stuff or canned food.”

YeunJa sighed taking a seat on the couch exhaling in frustration.

~~~

20 minutes later

“Uhh,” YeunJa yawned stretching as she and MyungSoo watched Channel 3 on the old fashion TV.

“Are you tired?” He asked watching her close her eyes.

She peeked at him with one eye, “Hmm? Ani, do you what time is it?”

“Um, 6?” MyungSoo said unsure. “I don’t know.”

“Don’t you have your phone with you?” YeunJa asked sitting criss-crossed on the couch.

He shook his head, “It died when we got down here, what about you? Where’s your phone?”

“I don’t know,” YeunJa yawned again grumbling, “Could this day get any worse?”

Zzz.

The television shut off, the lights following right after echoing the storm outside.

“MyungSoo,” YeunJa stood up immediately. She slowly walked over to where he was, holding her hands out to him.

“I’m right here,” he answered taking a hold of her hand. “Sit here,” he guided her to the small spot next to him. “Are you really that scared of the dark?”

She glared into space, “Don’t make fun of me.”

As the minutes flew by, they sat in silence, YeunJa’s eyelids falling.

Before he knew it, her head fell against his shoulder, startling him. Her soft breathing came slowly, calming him. He waited a bit before taking her into his arms, carrying her to the bedroom.

Carefully, he laid her down onto the bed, putting the blankets over her petite body.

“MyungSoo,” she whispered quietly grabbing onto his wrist before he could leave. “Kajima, don’t leave me alone.”

“I won’t leave you; I’ll be sleeping in the living room.”

“Shirro,” YeunJa sleepily said. “Just sleep here tonight; I know you won’t do anything, jebal.”

Hesitating, he slowly made his way to the other side of the bed, laying down covering himself with the think warm and welcoming blankets.

YeunJa immediately knocked out afterwards, feeling safe, while MyungSoo slowly drifted off to sleep. Just as he was about to fall, YeunJa turned around facing him, mumbling nonsense. He listened intently, “HimChan….”

Automatically, he became angered, but it slowly turned into joyfulness when he heard her say, “You .”

~~~

The next morning, Mr. and Mrs. Kim along with Mrs. Ryu, finally unlocked the door connecting the shelters after finding the key in a cabinet. They walked in to the lights  slowly flickering on and off with one of the doors wide open.


So how was it? Good? Bad? Average? XD comments please! And check out my next EXO oneshot, if you haven't read any of them or have no idea what I'm talking about you should go and read them, I'm writing EXO oneshots, the ones marked complete. I just posted up the first part of BaekHyun's and am just dragging time to post up the second one. Subscriptions and comments are dearly loved :D SARANGHAE my lovely readers!!!! ♥ <3