Unexpected

Just leave me and be with him

 

“Girls, welcome to Narsha’s Modelling Academy. I’m Narsha and today I want to see the best from all of you. Please stay until the end of the audition and I’ll give you the result” A tall, long straight hair with a beautiful body shape woman gave a short warm greet to the girls. She has a sweet smile and the way she walked amazed everyone. The candidates gathered in an auditorium with a big stage. They were given a high heel each. One by one was called upon to walk on the stage for her.

“Yuri-ah, hwaiting!” Sunny whispered to Yuri as her named was called. As expected, a bit awkward in the beginning but she control it perfectly. Yuri was given a compliment for her professional walking by Narsha. As she went back to her place, Sunny’s jaw dropped.

“I didn’t know you would be that good!” Sunny nudged and whispered to her. “I never notice that too. You can do better than me, Sunny-ah. Hwaiting!” Yuri smiled as Sunny’s name was called. Sunny began to walk calmly eventhough she never wear a 5 inch high heels before. It went smoothly but suddenly she slipped in the middle of the stage. She covered back and completed the walk.

“Yuri-ah, stop laughing at me!” Sunny’s face blushed. “I cannot stop. You walk so funny. The way you fall was so cute! Aigoo” Yuri bit her lips to stop laughing at Sunny. After the audition ended, both Yuri and Sunny passed and they got the job. They were given the schedule and the contract has been signed. They went back home and took a good rest for tomorrow.

~*~

“Taecyeon, rise and shine” An half age man open the windows and let the sun shines the room. Taecyeon recognized the voice so he woke up and stretched his body. “Appa? Appa! You’re back!” He jumped off the bed and hugged his dad tightly. His dad just laughed and acted cool like he used to be. “How’s my boy doing? Is everything alright?” He pats Taecyeon’s back and smile. “Worse until you came back” Taecyeon rolled his eyes. “Really? I’m sorry for not coming to your graduation day. Things are bad these days. You still contact with Yuri?”. “No. I’ve lost her number. Omma didn’t let me go out with her. Not even meet” Taecyeon sighed. “Aaahhh.. But you two look good together. Don’t tell this to your omma or she will kill me. Go outside. Something is waiting for you”

It’s been a long time Taecyeon didn’t share his laughter with his dad since he got jobs in America. He walked out from his room and went outside the house. He widened his eyes as a black shiny Skyline was waiting for him. He shouted happily and got inside the car. As he saw his dad was walking towards the car, he grinned.

“This car is incredible! Appa, thanks” Taecyeon get out from the car and hugged him again. “I know I’m incredible” Taecyeon blinked his eyes several times. “Appa, incredible is for the car” Taecyeon giggled. “I know and I know what you would say” His dad smiled. “Appa, you’re incredible!” The father and son laugh together.

“Go take your shower. I need to discuss something with you” They walked inside and separate in the hall. Taecyeon went to his room and his dad went to the dining room.

“Where’s omma?” Taecyeon sat at the table alone with his dad.

“As usual, sleep” His dad drank his tea.

“So, what do you want to talk about?”  The maid served Taecyeon a tea.

“I know you don’t like your mother. Well, I don’t too-”.

“Then why you marry her? You know she’s not the same like omma” Taecyeon cut the sentence.

“At first, she’s just fine. Until she started to control you. I’m sorry but nothing else I can do. Your omma was her best friend. But I know you can change our family. Since you’ve finished your study, I want you to take over the company. Can I count on you?” His dad smiled.

“Err...starting now? Appa, I’m not ready yet. This thing is a big responsibility” Taecyeon finished his tea and stood up.

“Aren’t you going to eat something?” His dad looked at him.

“Later. Appa, thanks for the car. I want to go somewhere first. Oh yeah, you’re right. I can change the family” Teacyeon smirked and gave his dad a last hug. He grabbed his key and got into the car.

~*~

Several months passed, Taecyeon started to take over the company and yes, Lizzy and he were together. Their parents recommended them to get back again as their family were investing a big amount of money in a project. Taecyeon dated her because he lost his faith to find Yuri. It’s been four years he kept looking but still no sign of her.

Lizzy is a shopaholic and Teacyeon knew it since in high school. He followed her wherever she goes; shopping malls, super sales at outstation, and even some modelling shows. If it isn’t because of their family, Taecyeon would prefer to stay at home or hangout with his friends in the studio. Yes, they still go to their school eventhough they have graduated. Sometimes, Taecyeon found out the studio is his 2nd house after his own house.

“Taec, you’re coming to the studio? They say we have a newcomer and...it’s a girl!” Junho grinned and lie down on the green grass.

“No. Lizzy asked me to follow her to a modelling show” Taecyeon sighed.

“Modelling show? What, new cloth for winter?” Nickhun raised his eyebrow. Taec shrugged his shoulders.

“Are you serious with her?” Chansung hit his drum sticks on the grass.

“I...think so” Taecyeon doubted.

“What about Yuri?” Chansung and Nickhun asked at the same time.

“Do you still want to find a diamond in thousands of glasses after many years?” Taecyeon runs his fingers through his hair.

“Diamond is a worth thing to keep. If you found it, you wouldn’t look on a sapphire or other. When there’s a will, there’s a way” Junsu pat Taecyeon’s back.

“I met with some of our old schoolmates, they said Sunny is working as a model. Yuri stays with her so I think she’s a model too. You better be alert during the show” Wooyoung said. They walked to the studio and left Taecyeon alone in the field.

He was totally confused. He do know he didn’t love Lizzy same as his feeling to Yuri. His eyes wandered around in the sky. Acting fast, he stood up and went to his car to pick up Lizzy. They went to the modelling show and sat right in front of the stage.

“Oppa, they said the new collection for this season is the best they ever made. And they will have a sale after the show” Lizzy smiled excitedly.

“Oh I see” Taecyeon nodded and looked away.

As the show started, the models were walking on the stage with their collections of clothes, bags and shoes. His eyes were not interested with the show but suddenly they caught a figure that was walking confidently on the stage. He was impressed with her beauty in the sponsored clothes. As the model stopped to give a chance for the media to take her pictures, their eyes met. Taecyeon suddenly stood up. When the model was turning her back, her feet slipped and fell from the stage. Taecyeon woke up from his daze and caught her body right away. Their eyes met once again, ignoring the bright flashes from the cameras that were capturing their posed; bridal style.

“Yuri?” Taecyeon looked closely.

“Taecyeon-ssi?” the model blinked her eyes. She let go her hands from his neck and got down from his arms. Yuri looked away and walked to the back stage. Taecyeon tried to run after her but Lizzy grabbed his hand.

“What was happening just now? Do you know that model?” Lizzy glared at him.

Taecyeon didn’t answer. He was out of words. He told Lizzy he wanted to go to the toilet but he changed his way to the back stage. He saw many models were preparing for their turns and the situation was so busy. He walked passed the models with his eyes searching wildly. His foot was pinned as he saw the same figure was sitting in front of a mirror.

“Yuri?”.

She looked at the reflection on the mirror and turn around facing him. She stood up but her body won’t move. Taecyeon make his move and walked towards her.

“Yuri-ssi! Gi Kwang’s here to see you!” A voice shouted her name as Gi Kwang was walked in the back stage. Yuri walked passed Taecyeon and headed to Gi Kwang. He gave a bouquet of flower and hugged her. “What are you doing here?” Yuri sounded happy. “I’m a new model. Kidding.. to see you of course!” Gi Kwang laughed. “You’ve finished? Let me send you home” Gi Kwang smiled. “Wait me in the car. I’ll take my things first”. Gi Kwang gave a light peck on the cheek and left her.