t.h.r.e.e

Let me save you

 

"Sungyeol hyu~ng!"

Sungyeol knew that tone. It was the tone that screamed at him to run far away, because Sungjong was going to force him into doing something unpleasant. On occasions where Sungyeol managed to refuse, Sungjong would turn to other conventional methods of persuading him. In short: aegyo. It never failed.

"Glad to see you feeling better already," Sungyeol said, trying not to sound too much like he was dreading what Sungjong was going to say as they sat down in their respective seats. They sat in the middle of class, near the back. Sungyeol sat right at the back because of his height, and Sungjong sat in the seat in front of him.

"You don't sound glad," Sungjong said, pouting slightly. Here we go.

"No no, I'm really glad that you're feeling better already," Sungyeol said, grinning at the younger as he took off his scarf. It was the scarf that the mysterious boy had given him two nights ago. It wasn't the best-looking scarf out there, but it was comfortable and kept his neck warm, and it kind of matched his school uniform.

'And it smells damn good.'

Shut up, inner-Sungyeol!


Sungyeol thought that if he brought it around, on the off chance that he sees that boy again, he would be able to return the scarf to him. At least, that was what he told himself.

"What's with the shabby scarf, anyway?" Sungjong said, wrinkling his nose in slight disgust at the grey thing Sungyeol was stuffing into his bag. Sungyeol stuck out his tongue at the younger for being such a diva. "Anywho, have you heard?!"

"Heard what?" Sungyeol could never understand how Sungjong could switch moods and tones so quickly. One moment he's absolutely disgusted at some kind of fashion crime and the next he turns into an excited gossiper.

"Some students from the infamous Jirae High are transferring to our school!" Sungjong said excitedly, bouncing slightly in his seat. Sungyeol looked at him strangely.

"And you are excited because…?"

"The boys from that school are totally gorgeous," Sungjong gushed.

"What?" Sungyeol said, voice going a pitch higher. He knew about Sungjong's ual preferences long ago, but, "Aren't they all delinquents or something?"

"Yeah, but that makes them hotter. Everybody loves badboys," Sungjong said, blushing slightly. Sungyeol could only stare at the younger boy incredulously. Then his thoughts drifted to the handsome boy who had saved him a few night ago. Now that was a ridiculously attractive badboy. If the boys from Jirae were anything like him…

Sungyeol mentally smacked himself for thinking such things. It wasn't healthy. And it wasn't like he was going to see that boy again.

BANG!

Sungyeol, Sungjong, and all the other students in the class looked up, startled. Someone had slammed the door open really hard in the next class. There was some sort of commotion going on outside. Students were gathered outside and most were whispering frantically to each other. Curious, half the class went to see what was going on.

"Aren't those students from that delinquent high school?"

"Students? They're just delinquents who think violence is the answer to everything!"

"What are they doing here?"

"How dare they dirty Suji High with their shabbiness."

"Hey, they're actually really good looking…"

"W-what?! Don't spout nonsense! They're delinquents! They commit crimes!"


Sungyeol and Sungjong exchanged glances, one nervous and the other practically giddy with joy.

"Come on!" Sungjong whispered eagerly, pulling Sungyeol up by the wrist. The taller boy groaned and reluctantly followed the shorter boy out into the hallway to see what got the school talking.

They went out into the hallway, staying close to the door of their classroom. Sungyeol pouted slightly and grumbled under his breath. Sungjong nudged him with a sharp elbow and glared, to which Sungyeol rolled his eyes. Suddenly, Sungjong's eyes drifted to somewhere on his left, down the hallway, and they widened.

"Oh my god. Look at them," Sungjong said breathlessly, eyes totally focused on their targets as he nudged Sungyeol again to look. Sungyeol sighed in defeat. He turned to look.

Oh.

Crap.

For a moment, Sungyeol's brain went into overdrive and possibly short circuited.

He's here he's here he's here oh my god what do I do this is so embarrassing oh my god -

"Hide me!" Sungyeol whispered furiously to Sungjong, who in turn gave him a confused stare.

"Wha - ? Why?"

"Just hide me, damn it!" Sungyeol said, then froze. He had forgotten to keep his voice down, and now everyone was looking at him. Everyone, meaning everyone. Including the three students from Jirae High who were walking past. Flushing beet red, Sungyeol covered his face in embarrassment.

But curiosity got the best of him and he dared himself to peek through his fingers.

Only to see the same boy that had been in his mind for the past few days standing right in front of him and staring curiously at him.

Shocked, Sungyeol let out his trademark high-pitched "Eep!" of surprise, pressing himself closer to the door in an attempt to gain some personal space. The two other boys who were with him shot Sungyeol and the mysterious boy puzzled looks.

"Yah, Myungsoo. You know him?" one of the other boys from Jirae High asked the gorgeous boy, whose name was apparently Myungsoo. He didn't answer immediately. Instead, he stared blankly at the blushing Sungyeol. He stepped closer to Sungyeol, and it felt like dejavu. Then he reach up with one of his hands… and poked him.

The boy, Myungsoo, was poking Sungyeol in the cheek.

Suddenly, he tilted his head to the side and smirked that beautifully heartbreaking smirk.

"Hey, fat cheeks. Missed me?"

 

-

-



"Yah, Sungyeol hyung, are you okay?" Sungjong said to the figure slumped over Sungyeol's desk.

"Leave me alone…" he replied miserably. After Myungsoo's greeting, Sungyeol had gone back to his desk and quietly sat down and lay his head on his desk. He made sure he wasn't facing where Myungsoo was sitting. Myungsoo sat at the very corner of the class, next to the window. His two friends were in the next class.

"I won't, until you tell me how you got to know that hot piece of - "

"Sungjong."

"Tell me! Please?"

Sungyeol hesitated. He glanced over at where Myungsoo was. The boy was leaning back against his chair, hands in pockets, with his feet propped up on his desk as he stared out the window. Sensing himself being watched, Myungsoo turned and caught Sungyeol's gaze. The taller boy blushed furiously, puffing up his cheeks out of habit and quickly turned back to face Sungjong. He missed seeing the vaguely amused expression crossing Myungsoo's face before he turned back to scenery-gazing.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But don't laugh, okay! And don't tell anyone." And so Sungyeol told him what happened, from the moment he left Sungjong's place, to the moment he got home. He wasn't planning on telling the younger about the details (like how awesome Myungsoo fought, or how he put the scarf on Sungyeol) but when he started talking, he couldn't stop. He spilled everything. He was gushing. He was absolutely and totally infatuated with that boy. What the hell was wrong with him? He was acting like some lovesick schoolgirl!

"Hyung…" Sungjong said, eyes sparkling.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Sungyeol said nervously, fidgeting with his neck-tie.

"This is totally cliche, but I think it's love at first sight," Sungjong said, nodding matter-of-factly. Sungyeol groaned, slamming his forehead down onto his desk. The loud 'bang' shocked a few of the classmates sitting around them. From his peripheral vision, Sungjong noticed Myungsoo looking over at his best friend.

Grinning mischeivously to himself, he began plotting operation MyungYeol.

 

-

-

-

 

Author's Note: ... I'm not really satisfied with this chapter but I can't place my finger one what exactly is bugging me about this chapter. :\ Anyways, hope you enjoyed it. Comments and constructive critisms are welcomed! :)

and thank you to all who have commented and subscribed! It means a lot to me. <3