t.w.o

Let me save you

 

There was an incessant banging on his apartment door, and it was annoying the living crap out of him.

Myungsoo groaned, stuffing a pillow over his face in an attempt to block out the noise. Go away.

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo! You better wake the hell up right now or I'll break the door down!"

Myungsoo inwardly rolled his eyes. That was Junhyung. He always threatened him on mornings like these, but never carried out what he said. Still, Myungsoo reluctantly got up and shuffled over to the door, opening it and greeting Junhyung with a bleary-eyed glare.

"What," Myungsoo said more than asked, scratching his head. It only served to mess up his bed head even more.

"Yo," a voice said from somewhere behind Junhyung. Then Myungsoo realized that Jiho, otherwise known as Zico, was with Junhyung. It wasn't a surprise; those two were almost always together. Where Junhyung went, Zico followed behind, always ready to back him up.
 
Myungsoo replied with a noncommittal grunt, turning back into his humble abode to lay face-first on his wonderful bed. Junhyung and Zico let themselves into Myungsoo's rooftop home, taking their shoes off at the entrance.

"Yah, yah. Get up. We're already an hour late for school," Junhyung said, slapping Myungsoo on the . Zico wandered around Myungsoo's mini kitchen, looking around for something to eat for breakfast.

"Myungsoo-ah, don't you eat anything other than instant ramyun?" Zico asked as he looked through the contents of the various cupboards in the kitchen. Myungsoo said something, but it was muffled by the pillow he was planting his face into.

"What was that?"

"… tomatoes…" Myungsoo mumbled, already dozing off.

Junhyung and Zico exchanged looks, then burst into laughter. The sudden noise startled Myungsoo into fully waking up.

"Aish! What do you guys want with me?" Myungsoo said, frustrated. He sat up and ruffled his hair in exasperation. "And don't laugh! Tomatoes are great for the skin, okay?"

"What are you, a girl? Tch… 'great for the skin'…"

"Fu - "

"I want you to get up and go to school," Junhyung said, cutting off whatever Myungsoo was about to insult Zico with. He grabbed Myungsoo's school uniform hanging from the back of the study desk's chair and tossed it at the annoyed boy.

"Huh. Since when did you care so much about school?" Myungsoo said, standing up and stretching.

"Since they decided to transfer us to to other schools while Jirae High is getting remodeled. The school allocations are announced today. To be honest, I'm curious," Junhyung said, shrugging. Then his eyes caught something on Myungsoo's right hand and quickly reached out to grab him by the wrist. Myungsoo instinctively tried to jerk his hand away, then relaxed when he realized that Junhyung just wanted to see his wound.

"What's this? Bandages? Did you get into a fight without us?" Junhyung asked seriously, his brows furrowing as he turned Myungsoo's hand this way and that, trying to see the extent of the wound.

"It's nothing," Myungsoo said, easing his hand out of the older boy's grasp. "Some kid got attacked last night and I stepped in. Nothing big."

Zico snorted, then smirked. "What a hero you are, Kim Myungsoo."

Myungsoo flipped him the finger.

 

-

-


Woohyun and Hoya were already in class when they arrived, Woohyun sitting on the table with his feet on another table and Hoya straddling the back of a chair. He rested his chin on the back of chair as he read a piece of folded white paper, looking solemn.

"What's up?" Junhyung asked when Woohyun passed each of them a letter in a white envelope.

"That's our school allocation. Hoya and I got Suji High," Woohyun informed them.

Myungsoo hoisted himself up onto a table resting against a wall, crossing his ankles and resting them on the back of a chair before opening and reading his letter.

'…. are hereby transferred to Suji High School until further notice.'

Trying not to show his relief too much, he looked up, about to announce his allocation. Then he realized that Zico was glaring murderously at the piece of paper in his hands. Suddenly, he crumpled the paper and tossed it aside, grumbling to himself. Junhyung, on the other hand, was simply staring at his paper blankly.

"I, uh, got into Suji," Myungsoo said uneasily. He was was sure that Junhyung and Zico got into different schools, judging from their reactions.

Junhyung sighed, letting his letter flutter to the ground as he rocked his chair back on two legs.

"Seungwon High," he said, tilting his head back and looking at the ceiling. Zico's expression lost a bit of the anger at Junhyung's words.

"Me too," Zico said, and they blindly knocked fists. Myungsoo, Woohyun and Hoya exchanged glances, knowing what this meant.

Junhyung was the eldest, and Zico was the second eldest. Junhyung led the group of them, and Zico was his righthand man. If Junhyung had his hands full, Zico would take over what was left. Without the two of them, their mini-gang wouldn't exist. They were popular in Jirae High for their good looks and their ability to win any street fight that came their way. Some may assume that the strongest fighter among the five of them to be either Hoya or Zico, but in actual fact it was Junhyung. That man may look harmless, always slouching when he walked, hands stuffed into his pockets, always yawning or being lazy. But when he fought, damn, nothing could stop him. He was a beast in a street brawl, and because of that, people feared him in Jirae High. Now the gang was being split into two, and they've been together for 3 solid years, some of them were friends even before the group was formed. Myungsoo and Junhyung were friends years before they even stepped into high school.

"So…," Hoya started, clearing his throat. "What now?"

No one answered him. Myungsoo clenched his jaw and looked out the window.

Yeah, what now?

 

-

-

-

 

Author's Note: Decided to post this up early because I'm very eager to start on the next chapter LOL. I'm on a roll~ Comments and constructive critisms welcomed~ :)