♂ makeups and breakdowns

〈 If I Were You 〉
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jongin, stop taking pictures of yourself and help me figure this out!"

Min Seol - in my body - was hunched over a large, dusty book, flipping pages like a maniac. A sight like that was strange, seeing as I'm not the kind of guy that looked so studios. I just had to have photographic proof. 

I sent the picture to my friends, under the guise that Min Seol grabbed my phone and took the picture of me. "Well, I doubt you'll be able to find anything if you aren't actually looking." 

I stepped back cautiously. Even if I was seeing my own face, Min Seol managed to make that scowl look menacing. She's got to teach me that expression sometime.

To make her happy, I pick up one of the books that she pulled from the shelves and flipped through it. There were cool pictures in it, but I didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for.

I cleared my throat. "Um... So what are we looking for exactly?" 

"Anything on body-switching, body-swapping, and the likes," Min Seol muttered. She has this habit of talking in hushed, almost incoherent tones when she's really focused on reading or studying. For some, it gets annoying if you always have to strain you ears to hear her, but after dating this little nerd for awhile, I've come to love this quirk - among her many others. 

The words on the book in front of me suddenly didn't seem to make sense anymore. This situation didn't make any sense - and I'm not just talking about Min Seol and I switching bodies, because that is some otherworldly that can never be explained, not even by moldy old library books. I mean, me breaking up with Min Seol. God. She's so perfect and beautiful and smart. Sure, she and I may have different directions with the way we want our futures to end up, but that doesn't mean we have to break up.

"We can work through this," I said out loud. Min Seol doesn't look up from the book she was perusing. 

"I know," she replied. "But that's certainly not going to happen if you just stare at a page, Jongin-ah."

I chuckled, darkly, as I grabbed her - my - hand. "No... No, I mean, us."

Min Seol slowly moved her head up from the book. "What?"

"The other night," I sighed. "We said some really, really stupid things. Hurtful things, really. And for my part: I'm sorry. But we can't have one huge argument and then break up. We can work through this."

Now here's the tricky part about the cluster that Min Seol and I are in: we both knew that we wanted to kiss each other, but we also knew that it's weird as to kiss yourself (Sehun does this all the time when he looks at himself at the full length mirror in his room and that's gross). So there was this awkward tension between Min Seol and I because what I just said was deep and , and it's one of those monologues that precedes a romantic, Titanic-esque makeout session but we don't divulge.

A small smile cracks through Min Seol's - my - face. "Do you want to kiss me?"

"Yes, I want to kiss you, but I don't want to kiss me."

We burst out laughing. She squeezes my - her - hand: everything is going to be okay.

 

 

//+//

 

 

Our search goes inconclusive as we leave the library with nothing to show for it. I suggested that we go get something to eat, but Min Seol said she was too tired from my dance practice earlier to even think about staying up for another hour. 

"Dance practice is tough, huh?" I said, smirking. 

Min Seol rolled her eyes. "Don't even sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter