Bad Day

The Fugitives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Bad Day

 

***

 

After Jessica's interview and receiving a warning message, the girls headed to a supermarket when they remember they haven't bought groceries for their new apartment. It was just like back in the states, where it's easy for them to stroll around and find what they need.

 

"I need more coffee tonight." Seohyun returned to the can of the coffee section when she realized she has to stay up late.

 

"What for?" Tiffany and Jessica asked her at the same time.

 

She returned with ten more cans and place them into their push cart. "Because I have to work on that stranger that sent us a message." she explained. 

 

"Oh yeah, you have a job to do tonight." Jessica chuckled and she continued pushing the push cart with Tiffany. But the latter is picking a lot of snacks as they continue. "Yah, you're not going to stay up late too, are you?" 

 

"Of course not. It's our one-month supply. So don't complain, Sica." Tiffany explained herself before placing a box of chocolate bars. "You know in the coming days we will receive a call or text that we're hired. We need to get more strength."

 

"Unnie is right, Sica Unnie." Seohyun didn't even twice and agreed, flashing a childish smile to the oldest.

 

Jessica is speechless. She scoffs and just proceeds to the meat section. Since she had more experience in cooking, she was leading in choosing the meat whilst Tiffany and Seohyun headed to the ice cream and excitedly choose whatever flavor they love.

 

When Jessica is done with their meat, she was surprised to see a lot of ice creams filling almost entirely their push chart. She looks at the two suspects with poker faces.

 

"We're paying it though. Hehehe." Tiffany giggled and stuck her tongue out.

 

"Tiffany Unnie is right, Unnie." Seohyun quickly grabs the push cart's handle and pushes it with Tiffany to the cashier counter.

 

"They're spending too much. Aish." Jessica couldn't complain and just follow the two childish friends of hers. 

 

-

 

"Don't you remember? We need to buy a new car first. Don't spend too much."

 

"Of course Unnie. But this won't affect our money. I mean that was like millions of dollars you know." Seohyun reminded me as well. "We cannot only buy one but 3." she proudly says.

 

Tiffany quickly covered the younger girl's mouth. "Don't talk like that in a public place." She whispered when she realized a few of the customers nearby glanced at them.

 

Jessica snickered. "You really grow up in the states." 

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun flashed a grin and made two v-signs earning a smack from Tiffany. 

 

***

 

Stepping out of his car, Taeyeon kissed his puppy's head and continue his way inside the cafe. Since it's nighttime, they have a lot of customers in the main branch, mostly those who are finishing their work on their respective laptops which is common for his cafe. 

 

"Did you guys finalize the applicants for tomorrow's interview?" He asked his manager by the counter as he took the iced coffee from his barista.

 

"Yes, Mr. Kim. And I hope you won't miss it."

 

"It's 10 AM, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Don't worry. I won't be absent." He assures, flashing a brief bright smile before he proceeds to the second floor. The second floor doesn't have a roof so the cold air of night greeted him. There are only a few customers as well and it's okay for him to put his puppy down and let him play around. Just as he found the table he wants to sit at, he realized Yoona is nearby. "Yah." And he eventually approaches his table.

 

Yoona immediately looked up at him from his laptop. "Hyung." He greeted them with a goofy smile.

 

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home straight?" Taeyeon chuckled as he pulled the chair across him and take his seat.

 

"Finishing some work." 

 

"Bet, your father invited you to have dinner and you immediately lied about still working?"

 

Yoona laughs. "Are you sure about that? I'm really finishing this." And he immediately showed the screen of his laptop.

 

"Oh, so it's not the case." Taeyeon smiled awkwardly.

 

"The new designs are good but it doesn't pass my standard, you know the board always loves it if I do some changes."

 

"You're the CEO yet you design your own cars?"

 

Yoona took a sip of coffee before answering, "If Grandpa didn't step down, I wouldn't be like this, tsk. By the way, did you try to call your soulmate?" He grinned teasingly at the older.

 

"Oh, didn't think of that. I was busy earlier." Taeyeon immediately took his phone out and look for the girl they met. "Wha-what should I tell her?"

 

"Just text her since you guys don't know each other yet. You know, getting to know each other." Yoona chuckled softly as he casually returned his attention to his laptop.

 

Taking a deep breath in and slowly relaxing, Taeyeon just type, Hi. "Um, is it fine if I just greet her?" But he's not sure of it.

 

Yoona looks at him nonchalantly. "This isn't your first time, hyung." He reminded.

 

"But... it's been a while you know. I mean, you know I'm not good with girls."

 

"I know you are but at least be confident with just the text." He laughs in amusement. "Just send it. Then let's see if she's going to respond. Aish."

 

"Oh yeah." Taeyeon awkwardly smiles and he sends the simple word instantly.

 

"If she doesn't respond, that means, she's not interested in you." 

 

"Well, I don't mind."

 

Yoona snickered. "You have zero either way." Just as he mentioned the puppy's name, the latter runs to their table and wag his tail as he looked up at his owner. "Zero-ah, what will you do if your Appa started dating again?" He asked to tease his friend.

 

"Tsk. He's my son, don't make him jealous." Taeyeon picks the puppy up and places him on his lap. "But he's a good boy so he won't be like that."

 

"Who knows." Yoona shrugged his shoulders.

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon's phone chimes, causing him to quickly pick it up and check the message. "Aish." But only to get disappointed.

 

Yul: Yah, is Yoona in your cafe?

 

"Wae?" Yoona raised his eyebrows when he noticed his reaction.

 

"It's Yul. Just asking if you're with me. Tsk, I was expecting a reply from Donna." Taeyeon muttered and sighs as he types his reply to his friend.

 

"Why is he asking about me?"

 

"Didn't he tell us he will find my purse as well? He probably found it already." 

 

"That fast?" Yoona chuckled softly. "I mean, he got his purse back because someone returned it. I doubt it's the same person that stole yours."

 

"Well, he probably-" Taeyeon paused when he once again heard his phone beep only to receive the bank's message, telling him about spending 10 thousand dollars over a shopping spree. "What the."

 

"Wae?"

 

"The thief is spending my card right now." 

 

"What?! How? I thought you already told your own bank to freeze it?"

 

"Aish, I did. But it seems they haven't done it." Taeyeon gritted his teeth rereading the message from the bank. "Whoever is this person?" He muttered as he hold his phone tighter.

 

"Where did the thief spend it?" Yoona asked as he put his attention back to his older friend.

 

"It's in a shopping mall. Hold on, I'll call the bank." said Taeyeon as he excuse himself while ringing his bank's customer service. Zero eventually started playing around again.

 

"Aigoo. I told them just use their phones as well. Tsk." The doe-eyed shakes his head as he returned his attention to his laptop. But his phone rang which shifted his attention to it. His eyes rolled in annoyance as he answer Yuri's call. "What?"

 

[Don't you go home yet. I'm with someone.]

 

"Eh? Who?"

 

[My producer friend. He wants to interview you.]

 

"What?! Why would he want to interview me?"

 

[Aish, let's just talk later.] 

 

As the call ended, Yoona scoffed in disbelief. "He really does whatever he likes to do." 

 

***

 

After shopping, Seohyun, Tiffany, and Jessica went on a noreabang and sang all their heart out while at the same time drinking for the first time in Seoul. It's one of their buckets and they definitely love it, especially when the owner of the place gives them extra food and drinks. If money is heaven for them, it's second to that.

 

However, as the youngest and weak of alcohol, Seohyun was knocked down before they even call the night which surprised both Jessica and Tiffany who were dancing to the song they were singing.

 

"Omo, are you alright, Seohyun?" Tiffany quickly put her microphone down and check their youngest lying on the floor.

 

"She's knockdown." Jessica chuckled as she brushed off the younger girl's hair to see her face. 

 

"What the." Tiffany can't help and laugh. Seohyun's snores are now heard loudly as the music ended. 

 

"To the sofa, fany." Instructed Jessica, pulling the youngest up and Tiffany help her carefully with her. 

 

"One more drink!" Seohyun suddenly shout as she pulled her forefinger up.

 

Jessica and Tiffany giggle.

 

"She hasn't drink this much, has she?" Tiffany wonders as she places her coat on the youngest's body. 

 

"Guess? Sojus is too strong for her." said Jessica, sitting beside their youngest and sighing in the process. "Should we call this a night now? It's almost midnight." 

 

"Well we can't wake her up." Tiffany replied. "Also, I have an early interview you know." She reminded herself, taking one of the shot glasses and drinking it with a loud exhale. 

 

"This is definitely the best night so far in Seoul."

 

"I know right? I feel like I will fall for this city even more."

 

The two both laugh and quickly covered their mouths when Seohyun shifted her body to her left as she continues to sleep. 

 

"Tsk, looks like we need to return to the apartment now. Call a cab while I gather our stuff." Jessica instructed as she got up and pick up their paper bags nearby.

 

Tiffany complied. She uses an app and books a cab just a minute later. "Who's going to give her a piggyback?" She asks.

 

"You, of course." 

 

"What? Why me?"

 

"I have all our stuff." Jessica explained, smiling victoriously.

 

"Tsk, smart girl." Tiffany couldn't complain and carefully grabs Seohyun's arms.

 

"I'll help you." Immediately, Jessica help their youngest up and Tiffany carried her out of the place.

 

-

 

It's a quiet and peaceful ride with Tiffany and Jessica both looking out of the window while Seohyun is snoring in the middle of them. But when Seohyun started moving her head to Tiffany's shoulder, she suddenly throw up and surprise her.

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun!" Shouted Tiffany as she quickly push her off of her.

 

Seohyun's head landed on Jessica's lap just to throw up again.

 

"Kyaaa, Seo Joohyun wake up!" Jessica squealed and quickly hold the younger girl's head and pull her up. She and Tiffany look at their youngest in disgust as she just smiles foolishly and throws her head back. 

 

"Is she for real?" Tiffany couldn't believe it.

 

"This is absolutely her first time drinking that alcohol and this is the effect. Aish." Jessica grabs tissue papers and handed some to Tiffany before she wipe off the puke on her lap. 

 

"She's freaking going to pay for this tomorrow." 

 

The cab driver couldn't take the smell inside and rolled the windows. "You ladies better pay me, double." He warned seriously.

 

"What?! Why would we?" Jessica exclaimed.

 

"Look, your friend's puke is on the floor. Tsk. And the smell, it's so hard to get rid of them." The driver explained himself.

 

"Is this the first time you are driving a drunk passenger, Mister?" Tiffany questioned, seriously not liking it.

 

"Should I just drop you, ladies, off now?" The driver threatened and attempted to pull the car over.

 

"No! Aish! Fine! We'll pay you double!" Jessica has no other choice but to comply.

 

"This is why we really should buy new cars now, Sica." Tiffany exhaled loudly in frustration.

 

"Aigoo,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter