Night on the Town

A Gymnast's Symbiote

Chelsea & Chloe's dorm. Friday, 9:30 PM.

"You done in there!?" Chloe asked her roommate; who was still in the bathroom.

"Almost!" Chelsea replied as she turned off the shower and stepped onto the cool tiled floor. She reached for a towel hanging on a nearby rack and looked over at her newly acquired suit that sat on a counter. Ever since that eventful night, she tried to wrap her mind around what she was wearing. She searched for: stretchy fabric, rubbery, magic leotard, and even tried some explicative terms; but nothing came up with an exact match.

As she dried herself off, she walked over to the counter and picked up the jet-black leotard by its shoulders while thinking back to that night in the gymnasium. She stared at it longingly, in the foggy room, and recalled how it hugged her curves and made her feel empowered. She felt weightless and nimble as she effortlessly performed daring acrobatics. And above all, she was really excited to try it out again and witness its special ability to transform into anything she wanted... including an outfit for tonight.

She wiped her moist face with her now damp towel and threw it aside as she stepped into her onyx-colored leotard with its slick material stretching against her bare body. As she pulled its sides up to her shoulders, she could hear its fabric groan as it tried to accommodate her feminine curves which were greatly pronounced by her cut physique. Once she was fully strapped in, she lifted her gaze towards the bathroom mirror and was taken aback by how small its fit was on her. Her outfit looked less like what a cute gymnast would wear to a competition and more like a flirtatious one-piece that would lure the boys at the beach.

"Chelse?" Chloe call out again as Chelsea quickly snapped out of her stupor.

Chelsea picked up her phone and scrolled through her Pinterest boards to find a collection of 'nightclub outfits' that she liked over the years; and would have bought if it weren't for the price tag.

She eventually found a tan-colored dress that modestly covered her top while leaving her legs partially exposed with a somewhat loose semblance of a skirt. She closed her eyes and imagined herself wearing the picture on her phone. As she mentally concentrated on the picture, she felt a tingling sensation bubble up through its latex-like strands. Then all at once, the fibers that hung tightly on her skin unwove itself and morphed around her torso and down her back. She felt the gooey material cup around her chest while altering into something less rubbery and more velvet-like. Meanwhile a series of threads untangled themselves from her back and extended into a silhouette of a skirt towards the floor; making a long flowing dress that reached down to her calves. The ooze made quick work on her waist while leaving her chiseled torso and her right thigh openly exposed with just a few strands of fabric that held her bottom half of her body together. As her dress took shape, Chelsea gripped the edge of the bathroom counter as a series of silky strands continued to slither around her skin as it molded around her being.

After a few seconds, she felt the tingling sensation across her spine subside as she looked up at the mirror to find herself wearing a near-replica of the dress from her phone. However, she noticed the color of her dress looked significantly darker than what the original picture had represented; more dark pink than tan...

"Chelse, I'm gonna leave without you!" Chloe called out again while aggressively knocking on the door.

As soon as Chloe called out, the door creaked open and let out a column of steam that hid a smokey silhouette.

"Finally! Do you even know what you're gonna..." Chloe stopped herself as she saw her roommate, for the first time, sporting something more than a shirt and jeans. Her roommate had transformed from a tomboy into someone who could be easily mistaken as a model.

"Wow. Looking great Chelse!" Chloe said while wearing a slim-fitting skimpy champagne-colored dress. "I guess you really needed time to fit into that thing."

Chelsea smiled and dashed towards the side of her bed to grab her purse. But when she bent down, she noticed that she felt a little taller than usual. She looked around and then down at her feet to see that she was already wearing a pair of heeled gladiators that matched the color of her outfit. To Chelsea stood upright and let out a satisfying sigh; this complete transformation made her feel like a princess who was ready to express herself like in the fairytale story, Cinderella. But unlike the fairytale, this was real life... and fortunately she had her own ride.

"I'll drive! I've got Britt's Tesla this weekend," she cheerfully exclaimed as she dangled a key fob in her hands while the two made their way for a night on the town.


Downtown Santa Monica. Friday, 10:20 PM.

After circling around to find a place to park, Chloe led the way towards a nearby rooftop bar that she and a few of her friends liked to hang out. Chelsea, who wasn't too familiar with the night scene, just tagged along as the two ladies approached a hotel; Hotel Shangri-La. A doorman welcomed the two ladies into the lobby and directed them towards an elevator that directly sent them into the infamous Onyx Bar.

As the two exited the elevator, Chelsea marveled at the array of multi-colored lights that streaked across the hexagon-tiled ceiling and refracted through the clear drinking glasses that hung from the bar's long counter. She looked around and saw a plethora of people mingling with each other after the end of the work week. Some were dressed in business casual attire while others were dressed in fancier clothing that made Chelsea blend into the young to late 20s crowd.

Chloe turned around and whispered into her friend's ear. "Bars in downtown LA are so boujee~ Besides, cute guys around here tend to buy us girls free drinks."

She smiled and grabbed Chelsea's hand as they headed towards a balcony that provided an unobstructed view of the calm beach front below. The cool ocean winds blew through their hair as they perched next to a secured railing on the edge of the bar. Chloe pulled out her phone from her purse and took a series of selfies with her friend. The two giggled amongst each other while noticing a series of inconspicuous stares in their direction.

After a few minutes, a gentleman dressed in a business casual outfit walked up to the two ladies and asked, "can I buy you ladies a drink?" Chelsea recognized his Australian accent and felt a little flustered to respond.

"Sure! Two Strawberry Margaritas please," Chloe snapped as she sent the gentlemen away to do their bidding. Chelsea smirked at her friend and continued to pose in front of Chloe's camera.

To Chelsea, this night was exactly what she needed to get out of her shell and live a little. Maybe she would strike up an interesting conversation with a guy near her age or maybe would be a little daring and follow him back to his place. Regardless of what fate would bring her tonight, she knew she was going to have some fun after a tense couple of weeks.

Turns out, however, fate had other plans for her...


Let me know your thoughts down below in the comments and upvote this chapter if you enjoyed it! If you'd like to see more stories in the future, please consider supporting me with some coffee for my late-night writing sessions at: www.patreon.com/manifestbound