Thoughts

Visible to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Apologies for not posting yesterday. I was out of town, so there was no internet connection. For compensation, I'm posting 2 chapters today :)

As you might've remembered, the pairings for this were a surprise, so you'd probably see bits and pieces of every possible pairing there is :)) 

Some questions may be answered through some further chapters. Thank you so much for the comments. It helps me write and rewrite things (if needed) to keep the story improving even just a little bit

It’s not fun to live alone, Momo thinks. Especially when it's the weekend when you have nothing to eat, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. So, for years of living in Seoul after her parents left for Kyoto during middle school, her weekends were mostly spent with friends, especially Nayeon.

Now that Chaeyoung is still missing, and she and Nayeon aren’t on good terms, Momo’s now spending her Saturday alone, walking along the busy roads of Seoul. She sighs to herself. 

Walking alone is fine, but she’s never felt so alone more than today.

On regular days, she would’ve called Jihyo or Sana to hang out today. Or she would’ve headed to the dance studio she used to go to during vacation. But one thought of Nayeon joining them makes her dismiss the thought, and she’s wearing a skirt and a blouse today so going to the studio to blow off some steam doesn’t sound like a good option right now. So, she now resorted to wandering in the early morning around the area near her home while holding her melting ice cream. 

For a good few minutes, she walks until she reaches a playground. There weren’t many children playing, so she went to sit on one of the swings near her. She eats the remaining ice cream she has while looking at the small group of children lining up at a hotdog stand and the bench beside it and she smiles, a memory coming to mind.

It was a busy weekend, yet they made time to go and hang out since school’s almost over. Momo, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Sana, and Chaeyoung sat by the benches at the park. Nayeon’s running late due to middle school graduation preparations. They decided to hang out the day before Chaeyoung’s elementary school graduation since tomorrow would be a day for the cub’s family.

(In all honesty, the only family Chaeyoung has is Seungwan and Jeongyeon, but only a few, including Nayeon, know that.)

“Nayeon-unnie is really taking too long.” Chaeyoung whines. “It’s hot and I wanna go eat bingsu.”

“Let’s wait for a little longer, Chaeyoung-ah, then we’ll call her. Do you want hotdogs?” Jihyo offers with her warm smile, but Chaeyoung politely declines.

“I can’t eat if you all won’t eat.” Jihyo blinks, touched by Chaeyoung’s concern for the others.

“I’m sorry! I bought ice cream!” A voice a bit far away gets their attention. They all turn to the voice's direction to see Nayeon running towards them with a plastic bag in hand. 

“Don’t think it’s enough to appease our waiting asses here, Im.” Jeongyeon playfully snides, and Nayeon returns a playful eye roll, the ice cream cone on her hand snatched away by Momo who was happily humming a thank you.

“Well, if you don’t want me to move up to high school, then I’d do anything you want.” They laugh, and Nayeon hands out the rest of the ice cream cones to them. 

And there, Momo sees it; how Jeongyeon’s fingers linger on Nayeon’s when she took her ice cream, how the younger’s soft eyes stare at her too long, her smile widening, the shy “thank you” from her lips. She pretends to focus on her chocolate ice cream, but she always observes her friends in truth. She might be stupid some things, but she knows, and she sees these kinds of things, especially when it comes to her precious friends.

Jeongyeon likes Nayeon, Nayeon is dense. And judging from the sad stares, Sana sees it too. And Sana likes Jeongyeon.

(Sana told her she’ll confess to the older girl when Nayeon graduates and Momo doesn’t know why she’s telling her this, but she takes note of it in case the other Japanese girl needed help.)

Momo then looks at Jihyo and Chaeyoung who silently ate their share of ice cream, and she smiles fondly. She then thinks about her own feelings and emotions. She doesn’t know when she had these kinds of feelings, but knows she has them.

She likes somebody. But she’s not really that sure yet.

She considered telling Nayeon about these things but seeing Nayeon oblivious to Jeongyeon’s constant affection during middle school, she decided not to tell.

Momo sighs, she thinks it’s too complicated, then resumes inhaling her chocolate treat. She’ll deal with feelings later when she understands it. Or maybe ask Jeongyeon or Sana about it.

(And maybe she’ll ask Sana how in the world she can flirt with other people when she has a crush, even if it’s friendly flirting, as Sana would call it.)

“Hey Momo, try my ice cream.” Nayeon, who’s suddenly sitting beside her, says. A startled Momo looks up to see Chaeyoung standing behind the older girl, happily her ice cream. Still dazed from her thoughts, and not one to back out from food, Momo eagerly nods and she leans forward.

Only for Nayeon to push the ice cream on her lips instead of on .

Guffaws and laughs were heard, and Momo stared blankly. She blinks while comprehending what happened, still hearing the muffled laughter from her peers.

“Eh?” She tries again, and Nayeon pushes the ice cream on her lips again. The others are laughing hard now with Momo’s cluelessness.

“Aish,” she whines when she realizes Nayeon’s trick on her, and the others roar in laughter. She pouts, but on the inside, she’s happy that they are happy and carefree.

She hopes times like these will last.

Momo takes a deep breath while reminiscing, frowning when Nayeon crosses her mind. She knows she’s being petty, but she doesn’t know what to do. When she panics, she only does one thing.

“You accuse me of keeping things from you when you are keeping things from me?” She knew she got caught hiding something then and there when Nayeon was being defensive. So, instead of telling Nayeon about it, she pushes her away. She groans in frustration, feeling more confused as to why she’d done what she’d done. 

“It’s only a crush, why are you hiding it from her so much?” Sana asked her once and she only shrugged then, she too not knowing why she’s hiding something trivial from her best friend. 

Thinking about it, she knows she’s hurting her knowing the older girl trusted her so much but here she is, hiding this information from her.

Why should you care? Her petty self thinks. She told you not to. She thinks back on her argument with Nayeon a few days ago, the older girl now obviously hiding something from her too. Was it her fault that Nayeon seemed to be distrusting that time? She wanted to attribute it to Nayeon’s headaches and Chaeyoung’s disappearance at that time. But now, she mulls whether the senior isn’t as trusting as she was back then.

She knows they have to talk about it the soonest, and she knows she’s being stubborn. Yesterday, she saw the senior at the field, and she was surprised when said senior suddenly ran off as she went near. She sees Sana run after her afterward, and she doesn’t know what to make of it, seeing that apparently, Nayeon ran from her, Sana seemed to know of Nayeon’s situation more than she does, meaning Nayeon talked to Sana more.

Maybe she’s really pushing me away. She sighs. Maybe I’ll talk to her when she wants to talk to me.

A sob nearby takes her attention away and she looks back at the bench. This time, somebody was sitting there, a hotdog sandwich held in one hand. Momo squints, and she notices the figure looking blankly at the sky, and that the figure was Jeongyeon. 

The Japanese girl stands up and observes Jeongyeon for a minute. She notices the way the older girl’s lips curved up in a wistful smile while still looking up, traces of tears on her cheeks. Momo then strolls so the slightly older girl won’t be startled and scared away. 

Jeongyeon hears the crunching of leaves and she snaps her attention to the noise. She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter