Prologue

Visible to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I kind of had to re-familiarize myself with how the website works.

“Myoui Mina-sunbaenim, I like you very much. Please go out with me.” Nayeon passed by the school courtyard fountain and stopped just in time to see colorful balloons all around and a flock of students surrounding Myoui Mina. She was in front of a girl who held a bouquet while doing a 90-degree bow. Mina had an unreadable expression on her face.

“Judging from the green necktie hanging down her neck, she’s a freshman.” Sana pipes in from her left and puts an arm around her shoulder, an amused smile on her face. “It’s only the start of the second trimester, and that swan already gets a confession from a freshman. What a record.” Nayeon laughs as she remembers the incidents Mina had to encounter the year before. And the trimester before.

Myoui Mina, the junior beauty who never smiled at anybody in school. She is known for her looks, her talents in performing, and her cold personality. For the past years, even during her freshman year, she’s harshly turned down at least one confession almost every single day. Still, boys (and some girls) wouldn’t learn and even try to confess with little to no fruit.

Boys love her; girls hate her. That’s why Mina doesn’t have a lot of friends.

(Well, Sana considers herself a friend of hers, if she would count her first and last interaction with Mina by the lockers, who thanked her for picking up her book as an act of friendship. It happened during their freshman year.

“She spoke to me! We are friends!” She exclaimed, earning groans from her classmates and a slap on the back and a hissed “cut it” from Momo. Not to mention Mina, who was sitting by the classroom window, looking at her weirdly.)

“This is the grandest confession so far, though, gifts and all. How brave.” Nayeon commented, squinting to observe how the students surrounding them held their breaths while watching the scene before them. Confessions aren’t new scenes to Nayeon, or anyone, really. But the outcomes of these confessions are unpredictable, especially with an unpredictable Mina at the receiving end.

(The ever-playful senior Nayeon, a sophomore at that time, tried confessing to then-freshman Mina to see the rumoured “cold-hearted freshman burning love letters by the courtyard” herself. She waited by the freshman lockers with a letter in her hand.

Let’s say Nayeon chickened out when she saw that big senior bully (“Minho-sunbaenim…?”) with a black eye and burned chocolate.)

“And judging from that baseball jacket, that voice, and that posture,” an arm suddenly hooked around Sana’s neck, “it looks like my baby Chaeng’s all grown-up now.” Nayeon peeks and sees Jeongyeon with that big grin on her face, and her short, blond hair tousled slightly. “Good thing I finished cleaning duty early, or else I might’ve missed the fun part!” 

“Fun part meaning your precious dongsaeng Son Chaeyoung being dumped in a not-so-nice way?” Sana removes Jeongyeon’s arm around her and slaps the latter’s back. “You’re mean! You know how much Mina hates Chaeyoung! Look at her face! I think she’s about to slap Chaeyoung!” Sana covers her eyes while Jeongyeon rolls her eyes.

“I don’t even get why she hates her so much.” She muttered to herself, unnoticed by her peers.

“Oh, so it was Chaeyoung.” Nayeon suddenly pips in, squinting hard, trying to see what’s happening. “Couldn’t make out who it was. I couldn’t even find my glasses after class, and I swore I brought them to school.”

“It’s because you left your glasses in the music room, doofus.” A hand waving Nayeon’s glasses appears with Momo’s smiley face. “Good thing Shiah-sunbaenim is a sweetheart and gave it to me. Imagine Sojung-sunbaenim getting a hand of your glasses! Before you get it back, you won't hear the end of it.”

“Nayeon, how many times do I have to tell you not to be careless of such things? Don’t take your glasses for granted.” Jeongyeon tried her best to imitate her seniors. Sana and Momo crack up while Nayeon only groans.

“Cut it out, you disrespectful juniors!” Nayeon grabs her glasses, and her hand brushes with Momo. She inhales sharply, her cheeks getting pink, and she ducks to wear her glasses and hide her blushing face.

(Nayeon may or may not have a crush on her best friend Momo,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter