Midnight Hours

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Midnight Hours

 

The clumsy senior cleaned the inside of the tent and left it set up, as anyone of his friends could surely make use of it. Onew and Jungah had packed their stuff and left the campsite without further ado. He sent a message to his friends and Kai and let them know that they had to leave abruptly because Jungah felt too sick.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


It took them about two hours to find a taxi and get back to the hospital. Jungah hissed in pain and struggled not to vomit again. When they entered the huge building and went to the counter to make an appointment, the nurse looked at them with the most annoyed expression ever. It was late, and she was likely having night shifts. She seemed overworked and tired. When they finally were done filling all the paper work at the counter, Onew helped his girlfriend to take seat in the waiting room. He crouched in front of her and held her cold hands.

“How are you feeling?” he asked her with a concerned expression as he was worried about her condition.

Jungah bent a little forth and smiled at him. She told him not to worry too much, as she believed that it was nothing bad at all. Jungah had noticed blood in her vomit several times, but she did not think ill of it. Onew kissed her hands and buried his face in her lap.

“Jinki… it’s going to be okay…” she whispered and pulled her hands back to touch his cheeks and make him look up.

Onew’s brows were still lowered in restlessness as he looked her in the hazel eyes. He was scared that Jungah or the baby would be dangerously injured.

After about half an hour later, the nurse called them into the examination room. She asked Jungah several things, like if she smoked or drank alcohol. Kai’s sister shook her head as she did neither. She had stopped drinking because of her pregnancy the moment she knew about it. The nurse lifted her brows in surprise as she noticed that Jungah was not married. She looked at Onew and quickly realized that the stressed senior was the boyfriend. She could not believe that people lived together and had kids without marriage. It was scandalous to her.

“Alright, the doctor will be here in a minute to come check you.” the nurse told them and left the room.

Onew put his hands on Jungah’s shoulders and massaged her lightly. He leaned forth and kissed the back of her head. Right in this moment a beautiful tall woman entered the room.

“Oh! Jinki!” she stated in surprise, “How are you doing? Are you here with your girlfriend?”

The moment the clumsy senior turned around his eyes doubled in size. The doctor who would examine Jungah was non-other than Taemin’s mother. Kai’s sister looked up from her seat and glanced to the doctor. That woman was beyond pretty. Like seriously over the top. Jungah bowed lightly, wondering how the doctor knew her boyfriend. Onew hid his nervousness with a bright smile. His heart raced because he feared that Mrs. Lee would ask him about Taemin.

“Let’s see…” the doctor said instead, walked to her desk and flipped over the papers about Jungah’s data.

She then asked Jungah to take place on the bed and lift her shirt. She needed to scan the young sister of Kai with an ultrasound. Jungah got up and did as she was ordered.

“Have you been to the gynecologist yet?” Mrs. Lee asked her and touched her belly with her ice-cold fingers, “Does anything hurt?”

Jungah shook her head slowly form left to right. Onew and her had planned to go to the gynecologist, but they had to postpone it many times, because of Kai’s crazy involvement with the Chinese motorcyclist. Onew watched the doctor, as she put on her gloves and smeared the abdomen of his girlfriend with some gel. Jungah squinted her eyes as the gel was extremely cold. Onew held her hand as he became anxious. Jungah looked at him and lightly squeezed his palm. She needed him to stay calm.

“Alright, let’s see…” Mrs. Lee said and moved the transducer over the abdomen of Jungah.

She pressed the keys on the keyboard, made some markings on the display and smiled.

“Jinki, do your parents know about this?” she asked the nervous student and sighed a giggle.

Onew nodded with a blushed face. Of course, they knew. He had told them right away, as he wanted to take responsibility for his acts and loved Jungah from the bottom of his heart. Luckily his parents were supportive of him. Mrs. Lee smiled and looked at Jungah. She did not question the opinion of her parents. The doctor did not want to hurt her feelings, because most mothers would not approve of this.

“Do you have any morning sickness?” she asked and put away the transducer, “Do you vomit often?”

She grabbed some tissues and wiped the gel from Jungah’s body. Kai’s sister nodded shyly, and the doctor smiled to her response.

“We haven’t had the opportunity to know each other yet…” she suddenly said, “Thank you for taking care of my son, Taemin.”

Jungah blinked her eyes all startled. She had no idea that the doctor was the mother of Kai’s boyfriend. She suddenly felt uneasy about it.

“Since my son moved to your place… he seems happier. He no longer goes out partying every weekend, his marks have become better too.” Mrs. Lee stated and giggled, “And he’s been in a relationship with a girl for a while now… That’s totally unlike him. Normally he tosses aside the girls. I was worried he might be... you know, not into girls at all.”

Jungah knit her brows in worry and briefly glanced at Onew. The stressed senior shook his head lightly, indicating her not to tell anything about Taemin’s relationship with Kai. If there was someone to do so, it should be the handsome player himself.

“Your babies are doing well.” Mrs. Lee suddenly stated and pointed to the display, “You are having twins.”

Onew’s eyes doubled in size. His heart stopped beating for a second. Jungah held her breath in shock. One baby was going to be a lot to handle with, but two? Mrs. Lee giggled and clenched Jungah’s hand.

“I’ll give you a prescription for your morning sickness.” the doctor said with a soft voice and added, “Your esophagus is irritated by all the vomiting. This causes bleeding because you are throwing up constantly. So far, there’s nothing you should be worried of about your babies.”

Jungah sat up on the bed and glanced down her body. She trembled. She had not expected to be pregnant to twins. Onew had turned into a statue due to shock. He was overwhelmed by the information about becoming a father of two babies in the first go. He gulped, looked at Jungah and brushed his hand through his hair as he felt distressed about it. His face was pale. Kai’s sister looked at him and his reaction made her feel more insecure. She fidgeted and looked at the doctor.

“Is- Is it too late to…” she stuttered and lowered her head as her eyes teared up.

The doctor tilted her head with a puzzled expression. Onew instantly real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter