Chapter 07.

Prospect Academy of the Skilled

I woke up to the sound of Tablo's voice, booming through the speakers.

“Get up sleepy heads! It's the second day of school. Don't make me go around with a water bucket.”

I groaned and put the pillow over my head to drown out his voice.

A pillow continuously started hitting my back. Annoyed, I sat up and saw Myungsoo glaring down at me with bed hair.

“Get up. Tablo-hyung isn't joking. If he comes with a water bucket then I'll have to help clean up the mess. Now get up,” he hit me across the head with his pillow.

I grabbed my pillow and hit him too.

He stared at me in shock and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“...” I muttered as I walked to the bathroom with my stuff.

 

Class went by extremely slow today. We got worksheets on battle strategy and had to place our units in certain places to avoid being killed. I found it extremely difficult. Each section was just a section. I didn't think it mattered but apparently location was really important.

Once lunch rolled around, I was incredibly excited to see what food would be served next.

“I think it's taco Tuesday...” Sungjong said. “But I could be wrong. The school changes it up from time to time.”

But Sungjong was right. It was taco Tuesday.

 

Somi looked sad when we saw her at the table picking at her food.

“What wrong Somi-ah?” Sungjong asked.

I sat down with a concerned face. She was always so happy.

“I saw Sungyeol with a girl this morning. They looked pretty intimate...”

“Don't worry about it. He's really childish and likes skinship. It was probably nothing,” Sungjong said.

Somi sighed and put her head down.

I frowned. “I...can talk to him for you if you want.”

She perked up. “Really?! You would do that!?”

“Of course.”

“Thank you Misun-ah!” she hugged me.

I mentally slapped myself. What the heck am I supposed to say to him?!

 

After I ate, I decided to read the history book I got under neath the large tree by the library. It was really peaceful there. The couple that was having a picnic finished just as I got there so I was by myself. I sat down in the grass and opened up the book.

I learned a lot by just reading the introduction. In the plant of Inspirit there are not only humans but there are supernatural beings that have different powers. They don't look like humans in their true form but can disguise themselves so they can live life on Earth too.

 

“Mind if I join you?” a voice asked.

I looked up and Sunggyu was looking at me with a smile.

I shook my head.

He sat down and drank some of his water from the bottle.

“Whacha got there?” he asked.

“History book. I need some backround information on this war and planet...”

He nodded in understanding.

“Where do you eat lunch?” I asked out of curiosity.

“In the student council room. It's nice and quiet in there. I don't really associate with anyone in this school anymore. All of my friends have already gone to battle.”

I frowned. It must be hard to see all of his friends gone and he's the only one left.

“You're really good at everything. Why are you still here?”

“Every year on the final exam I space out and forget everything I've learned. I think it's the nerves. But I don't want to disturb you! I was just coming out for some fresh air. Continue to read!” he smiled.

I laughed and nodded.

I continued to read as he sat beside me enjoying the nice weather.

 

Suddenly, bells rang and I saw his body tense up.

“Lunch is already over? Where did the time go?” I asked.

“No...lunch isn't over...” he whispered.

I tilted my head in confusion.

A loud robotic voice rang through the speakers.

“Code red. Code red. Students and staff please evacuate to the emergency stations as soon as possible.”

“What's going on?!” I practically yelled.

“Come on!” he took my hand and started running towards the library. “The closest one is in here!”

Everything happened in a blur and the next thing I know Sunggyu was throwing rugs around trying to find something. He found a wooden door and when he opened it the librarian popped her face up.

“Sorry, this one's full,” she said and closed it.

“...” he muttered.

I looked around and I saw another one in between the shelves.

“There's one!” I pointed. He grabbed my hand again and opened up the door. Sunggyu jumped down first and helped me in. He closed the top and he hands tried to find me since it was pitch black.

“Misun?” he grabbed my hand.

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. You?”

“Yeah.”

“Well this is awkward...” another voice joined.

A cell phone flashed on and Myungsoo's cold face was visible. He tilted the phone down and looked at our hands with a raised eyebrow.

I let go immediately and stepped away from Sunggyu as he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Can someone explain to me what's going on?” I asked them.

“Every once in awhile, a spy from Loen will disguise as a human student and try to mess with the school system. Ever since this school was built, Woollim's morale has increased dramatically. So Loen is doing anything it can to destroy this place. Loen spies are pretty lethal so when our cameras catch them, everyone must go into hiding. Then the soldiers come and try to catch them,” Sunggyu said.

“Yeah, what Prez said.”

“I wish someone would've told me this. If you weren't with me I wouldn't know what to do,” I said and sat down.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo followed suit.

“Sorry, it's really rare so it never crossed my mind,” Sunggyu apologized.

“It's okay...”

 

It was quiet for a long time as we waited for a signal that it was safe to come out again. Hours passed and there was still no sign.

“I think this is the longest code red we've ever had...” Sunggyu said.

“I'm hungry...” Myungsoo whispered while rubbing his stomach.

I pulled out a piece of candy from my pocket and handed it to him.

He gave me a look before taking it with a small, “Thanks.”

I nodded and hugged my knees to my chest.

Myungsoo's phone shut off and I figured that it ran out of battery.

“Well this . Looks like we're gonna have to talk to the darkness for the time being,” he said.

 

At around 8pm, we heard footsteps over top of us and Sunggyu's blue spirals lightened up the small room. Myungsoo's grey spirals then came out too. I felt a little useless since my powers still hadn't come out.

The door opened and Tablo's face came to view.

“Oh hey guys! Whoa whoa whoa...it's just me. Don't point your lines at me...” he said.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo sighed in relief and their spirals diasppeared.

Tablo helped me out first and the other two jumped up themselves.

“Good news is we caught the spy. Bad news is...there's another one lurking somewhere in these halls. For now they're no harm because this evacuation scared them. But they'll act up again soon. Psh...trying to hack into our system...” Tablo said and walked away to open up another underground room.

 

We walked back to the school and everyone was grabbing a snack before going to bed. The cafeteria lady's left out some chips and drinks for us to get since it was too late to make dinner.

I grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of water and started to make my way back to the dorm room. Sunggyu and Myungsoo were still with me.

Suddenly a figure started running towards me and embraced me in a hug. I didn't even know who it was since it happened so fast.

“Misun-ah! Are you okay?! I was worried sick!” Woohyun said.

Myungsoo walked ahead of us in annoyance.

I sighed. “I'm fine...thank you. Sunggyu oppa helped me.”

Woohyun let go of me and gave Sunggyu a glare.

“I'll be watching you Prez...” he narrowed his eyes and walked away.

Sunggyu put his hands up with a confused face.

 

“Weird kid...” Sunggyu said when Woohyun was out of hearing range.

I laughed. “Yeah. He flirts too much.”

“You're actually the first girl I've ever seen him be concerned about.”

I shook my head. “He's not really concerned. He just says stuff like that.”

Sunggyu shrugged.

Sungyeol ran over to us with a shocked face.

“Hyung! Our dorm is trashed!” he yelled.

“What?!”

“Hehe...just kidding.”

“God! Lee Sungyeol!”

“But hyung. You have something on your face...” Sungyeol said, pointing to Sunggyu's nose.

Sunggyu brought up a hand to wipe whatever it was off his face but Sungyeol smacked his hand so he hit himself.

Sungyeol fell into a fit of laughter and started running away as Sunggyu chased him around in circles. Sungyeol gave me a wink before running down the hallway towards his dorm. I chuckled and shook my head.

I suddenly remembered Somi and I opened my mouth to yell his name but he was too far. I guess I'll just talk to him tomorrow...

I pursed my lips and started walking again and a green spark made it's way over to me and shocked my nose. I blinked in surprised and looked around. I saw Dongwoo leaning on a column grinning at me from across the hall. He waved and mouthed, 'Smile'.

I smiled and nodded before waving back.

 

After showering, I jumped on my bed and sighed as I pulled up the covers with a large grin.

“Weirdo...smiling for no reason,” Myungsoo said.

I turned to look at him with a glare and he was laying down, staring at the ceiling with his hands behind his head.

He said something else but I ignored him and closed my eyes. I was exhausted. I was halfway asleep when Myungsoo asked me, “Does Sunggyu-hyung have a thing for you?”

“I don't know...probably not. Shut up and go to sleep...” I muttered back.

I heard him sigh and switch the light off.

That night was the first dream I've had in awhile. I can't really explain it, but everything was green. I was laying in green grass. There were beautiful green fireworks. Everything was green and it made me happy.

Also Myungsoo didn't snore at all. And I was glad.

===================

LALALA~ happy friday!

if you guys want to, check out my new fic....EXO has been getting to me and i seriously couldn't contain my chanyeol feels so i started a fic. LOL. don't judge. check it out if you want.

www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/179947/