1~

It all Started with A Game~

  Eli was fidgeting in his seat as he continuously drummed the keyboard of his computer, his flat computer screen blinking brightly ever so often as he the lighting effects of his skills were flashing infront of his face. His mouth turned into an O-shape as he was continued to be mesmerized by the awesomeness of the game.

"Yah~ you and that game. What’s to love about it anyway?" Soohyun asked irritably, patting Eli's shoulder. "Its already 10:30. YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT NOW!!" Eli never heard Soohyun's nagging as he computer's headphones where screwed tightly on his ears. pouting, Soohyun slightly pulled the left part of the headphone up to a desirable length and let go, Causing the headphone to slam onto Eli's head. Eli tore the Headphone away from his head as he ducked down under the computer table, howling in pain.

"Aish~ What was all that about?!" he asked angrily. "Can't you see I'm playing here?!" He gave a deathglare towards his hyung before focusing all of his attention back towards the screen again.

"Yah~ you really should take a break from that game. Eli, Its controlling your life." Eli gave out a scoff as he started mashing up buttons again, his screen blinking and flashing.

"Controlling? Your kidding me right? I can stop anytime." he said, his tone in a matter-of-fact. Soohyun crossed his arms on his chest as he tilted his head in annoyance.

"Well, prove it then. Stop right now. I dare you." He said, making his voice loud and clear. Eli paused for a few seconds as he realized his verbal blunder. Biting his lower lip, He swiveled the computer chair around so that he can face Soohyun properly.

"Uhhh~ Can I just have 5 more minutes? I'm about to hit the Level Capacity here. 10,000 more Experience points and I'll reach level 60." he said, swiveling the chair again as he continued to play. Soohyun shook his head, clicking his tongue.

"See?! I was right. It is controlling you!!" he said as he marched towards the door. " Alright. If I come back here after 5 minutes and I still find you playing. I swear your computer's going to the dump." Eli used his free hand to shoo his hyung away so he can enjoy his game in piece. Soohyun rolled his eyes as he opened the door and exited Eli's Room.

"Soohyun Hyung." Kevin called out, a glass of water in his hand. Soohyun spun himself around, giving Kevin a tired smile.

"Hello Kevin."

"Eli still playing that dumb game?" Kevin asked. Soohyun gave out a sigh as he nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah. I tried to stop him. But I failed miserably. Sheesh~ Why did someone create that game anyways?!?! Look what what they've done to Eli. He's like glued on his computer chair and only comes out to eat and bathe."

"I know what you mean. I miss the old Eli too." Kevin answered back, ducking his head down in defeat.

"Oh well. I'm sure he'll come around sooner or later. I'm sure he'll get tired of that stupid Game and go back to the old Eli we know and love." Kevin said, Reassuring his hyung by giving his shoulder a light squeeze.

"I sure hope your right." Soohyun murmured, looking at Eli's Bedroom door.

 

 

*Meanwhile*

"Oh yeah~ Just 4'000 more and I'll be one of the bigboys baby." Eli said, as he cheered himself on, continuously mashing up buttons on his keyboard. Ever since he knew about the game, He could never stop thinking about it. As he started playing it, he got hooked and hooked. Now after months of staying up late filled with endless hours of power-leveling, grinding and item hunting. Eli's Character which was known as PigeonSwag91, became well known in the gaming universe. Mentally counting down, his eyes grew wide as he looked at the yellow bar below his screen, slowly filling up as he the experience he earned grew more and more.

"Yes, just a few more inches." As he was about to savor the victory of being one of the first to reach level 60, he got startled by a sudden notification window which popped on his screen.

"Hmmm~ AnnJFied requests to Duel with you." Eli read out loud. He leaned against the table's edge, contemplating if he should accept or deny the request.

"Psh~ PigeonSwag91 doesn't back down from a fight. I eat wannabe's like you for breakfast." He chimed confidently, hovering the mouse icon over the accept button as he clicked it without a second thought. Eli saw his name lit up, going bright red as the count-down started. Eli's eyes moved over to the Chat window seeing a system message that they just started a duel. Words of encouragement and cheers flooded the chatbox, Cheering Eli on.

" Win it again Pigeon!!"

"Yeah, Smash him down to the ground!!"

"make him regret about duelling with you Pigeon!!"

These cheers fuelled Eli on as he got ready to start the duel.

"Bring it on Newbie." He said, leaning forward towards the screen as he could taste certain victory. He started to count mentally in his head as he saw the numbers flash. 3.....2........1 Begin!!

Without further delay,Eli threw all of his skills at his adversary, never letting up one bit. Eli knew that he had one of the most strongest and High-HP classes and that he had the upper hand in battle. His opponent on the other hand is slow and doesn't have high survivabilty but makes up for it in High attack power. Spinning his character around his opponent, trying to dodge his skills as he looked for a weakness in his position. Eli's eyes brightened as he began to flank him on the left side. Seeing his chance, he threw one of his powerful skill combos to overthrow his opponent. The battle turned to his favor. For Awhile.

"What the....No No No~!!" Eli shouted, knowing that he was in serious trouble. His opponent tricked him into going close.  His opponenet pulled up his dualblades as he started hacking and slashing, fighting back with his own skill combo.

" I can't lose. I can't lose. Not now. Not ever." He said, throwing everything in his arsenal at him. But it was too late, With one final blow, Eli's character fell down on the ground. Eli leaned back in his chair, dumbfounded and shocked as to why did this happen. He saw the system message post the outcome of the duel and the entire Chat box was filled with awe's and Ooooh's. Eli sighed as he felt sheer embarassment and disappointment envelope him.

"I.....Lost." He said, still not believing any of it. He was about to log out, when suddenly someone PM-ed Him.

AnnJFIED: hey Nice duel....That was close.

PigeonSwag91: Yeah Yeah Whatever.

AnnJFIED: So....Can we be friends? Can I add you here?

PigeonSwag91: Sure...whatever. Can you please hurry it up? I'm gonna go sleep now.

Eli gave out a yawn as he waited for the friend request to arrive.

AnnJFIED: Friend request sent....thanks and have a good night Pigeon. :">

Eli rolled his eyes as he exited the game and turned off his computer.

"Sheesh~ the nerve of that guy. Adding me up as a friend...what a loser." He mutter to himself, as he turned off the lights and plopped himself onto the bed. He closed his eyes as he prepared to go to his dreamland.

"Beware, AnnJFIED, I'm gonna get you back, one way or another."

 

*Meanwhile*

"Ann-J enough with the playing and lets head off to bed!" Chemi nagged her.

"Coming Unnie...Be right there!" Ann-J shouted back. Ann-J was about to type him sleep well, he went offline. Ann-J gave out a pout as she logged off as well and turned her computer off. Ann-J jogged herself insde her And her Chemi Unnie's room. Ann-J jumped herself into bed as she wrapped herself around her blanket.

"So, had enough of gawking over that game?"

"Mhmm. I feel happy today. I met someone who almost beat me in a duel. But sadly he lost." Ann-J muffled out a giggle, imagining him being all sulky and teary-eyed right now.

Sure. Swell. Now go to sleep. We still have alot of work to do tomorrow" Chemi said, turning off the lights.

"Sure thing Unnie. Good night. Sleep well." Ann-J said as she hugged her pillow.

"And Goodnight to you too PigeonSwag91. maybe next time you'll have better Luck." She said, closing her eyes with a smile as she drifted off to her dreamland.