Part II : 6 Years Ago

Voice In My Dreams

 

“I love you! Why did you always saw me as..”

 

Someone awoke from his deep slumber. He look around and rubbed his eyes and yawn.

“Morning Young Master.”

“OMO! Aish.. Butler Yoo you shocked me..” mumbled Taeng.

“I’m sorry Young Master but you should get ready now or you gonna be late.” Said Butler Yoo bowed. Taeng scratch back of his head and walk to the bathroom. He wash his face and brushed his teeth. After that, he wear the uniform that his maid prepared and his ready to the downstair.

Meet Kim Taeng, the only heiress from the Kims corporation. The only grandson of Kim Taehyun, the richest bussinesman in the whole world. He still able to run his company until his grandson ready to take his place. Kim Taeng is a perfect boyfriend that you can ask. Handsome, smart, friendly, dork, and nice. He’s always be with 3 bestfriend. Soo the tallest among four of them and the Twins YoonYul. But something he don’t know until now is about his parents that he love and miss so much.

Taeng walk towards the dininig room and take a seat. He look around but can’t found two figured that always accompany him for breakfast.

“Butler Yoo.”

“Yes Young Master?”

“Where is my grandpa and granny?”

“I’m sorry i was late to tell you Young Master. Grand Master and his wife is leaving this early morning.”

“Hm? Where to?” asked Taeng and drink his milk.

“They said that they have a very important bussines and will be back before lunch.” Said Butler Yoo and deliver a news paper for Taeng.

“Alright. Thank you Butler Yoo.” Said Taeng and smile. Butler Yoo bowed and leave his Young Master to enjoyed his breakfast.

“I think i still have time to pick her up.” said Taeng and grabbed his car key and left the house.

--

Somewhere, Busan

This place is really quite. You only can find a few people visit this place. From afar, you can spotted two elders walk towards the gat and have a sign

 

GRAVEYARD

 

The two elders walk towards the two tombstone. The elder woman is bring a flowers in her hand and walk with his husband. Finally they stop in front of the tombstone.

 

“Here lies, Kim Taehwan. A son, A husband, A father, A bestfriend. 9 March 1991.”

“Here lies, Lee Soonkyu. A daughter, A wife, A mother, A bestfriend. 9 March 1991.”

 

The woman kneel and place the flowers in front of the two tombstone.

“It’s been awhile my son. I’m sorry for not being able to visit you.” said the elders woman.

“How are you son?” asked the elders men.

Mrs. Kim shed a tears that escaped from her eyes.

“Taeng is fine. Don’t worry about him. He’s healthy and handsome just like you, Taehwan.” Said Mrs. Kim and burst her tears.

“And i still didn’t tell him about your conditions. I’m sorry.” Said Mrs. Kim sobbed.

“He’s so strong just like you Taehwan, and brave just like your wife, Soonkyu.” She said again. Mr. Kim rubbed his wife in the back and tears escaped from his eyes. He remember the time when he knew that his son and his daughter-in-law is no longer in this world.

­

Flashback

8 March 1991

It was a Sunday morning and you can see the Kim’s family is enjoying their time together. The 3 years old Taeng is play with his father while his mother is watching them playing. After tired from playing, the Kim’s watching TV together. His mother is rest her head on her husband shoulder while Taeng sit on her mother’s lap.

“Mom.” said Taeng. Soonkyu smile and his son’s wife.

“We’ll always together right?” asked Taeng innocently. His parents was taken back with their only son’s question and smile after that.

“Ofcourse silly. why did you ask like that?” said Soonkyu and rubbing her nose with his son’s. Taeng giggled and hug both of his parents.

“I love you sooooo much!!” shout Taeng. His father laugh and ruffled his son’s hair,

“Dad~” Taeng whine.

“We love you too Taeng. Always remember that okay?” said his father. His mother kiss his crown head.

“I will!” said Taeng and hug both of his parent. Little did he knows, that was the last time he spent his time with his parents.

--

Taeng and his family is visiting his grandparents house. He’s so excited because it’s been a long time. When they arrived, he open the car door and run towards his grandparents door that suddenly opened by someone.

“Good morning Young Master.”

“Butler Yoo! I miss you!” said Taeng and hugged the butler. Butler Yoo chukled and patted Taeng’s head.

“I miss you too Young Master, it’s been awhile. Welcome back Master Kim and my lady.” Butler Yoo bowed towards Taeng’s parents.

“It’s been awhile Butler Yoo.” Said Taehwan.

“Hello butler Yoo.” Said Soonkyu smile. Butler Yoo then open the main door.

“My grandson!”

“Grandpa!!!”

Taeng run towards his grandfather and hug him.

“Omo.. you’ve grown up Taeng.”

“Granny!! I miss you so much!! And you’re soooo beautiful!” said Taeng and hug his Grandmother.

“Aigoo.. Taeng, you still 3 years old yet you speak like 18 years old.” Said his grandmother.

“Just like his father.” Said Soonkyu.

“Soonkyu yah.. how are you my dear?” asked Mrs. Kim adn hug her daughter-in-law.

“I’m fine mother. How are  you and father?” asked Soonkyu and release the hug.

“We’ve doing great.” Said Mrs. Kim and smile.

“Hey dad.” Said Taehwan and hug his father.

“Hello son. Come, it’s been a long time since our last lunch together right?” said Mr. Kim.

“Lunch!! I’m hungry!!” shout Taeng and run towards the dining room. Everyone laughed because of his action.

-After lunch-

“Dad can i talk to you?” asked taehwan. Mr. Kim nodded. Both of them sit in the garden watching Taeng playing with his mother and his grandmother.

“What happen son?” asked Mr. Kim.

“Soonkyu aand i want to go to our summer house to prepared Taeng’s birthday party for tomorrow. Can you and mom take care of Taeng while we prepared his party?”

“Ofcourse we can. It’s been awhile Taeng sleepover in here. That would be great.” Said his father.

“Thanks dad.” Said Taehwan smile.

“So when will you leave? You will trapped by the traffic if you not go now.”

“Yeah i’ll be going now dad. I don’t want to late for prepare Taeng’s party.” Said Taehwan ready to leave. He called Soonkyu who was playing with her son.

“Me and your dad need to do something okay? Listen to your grandparents and be nice.” Said Soonkyu and kiss his son’s chubby cheeks.

“Be nice, okay little man?” said his father and ruffled Taeng’s hair. Taeng nodded and kiss both of his parents.

“I’ll be a good boy!” said Taeng. His parents then leave and he continue play with his grandparents.

Next day

“Happy birthday Taeng!!” shout his grandparents. Taeng smile widely and hug both off his grandparents tightly.

“Thankyou grandpa! Thankyou granny!!” said Taeng and kiss their cheeks.

“And this is for you from us!” said Mrs. Kim. Taeng grinned and take his present.

“Can i open it? Can i? Can i?” asked Taeng with puppy eyes. His grandparents nod.

“WOOOW!! Dragonball Z Exckusive 4 inch Figure Original Collection!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!” shout Taeng happily. Mr and Mrs. Kim smile widely because they grandson love their present. Suddenly, Butler Yoo come to Taeng’s room

“I’m sorry for interupt Grand Master but someone calling and he want to talk to you.” said Butler Yoo. Mr. Kim nodded and walk toward the phone.

“Hello?”

“Good morning, sir. I’m sorry for disturbing your morning.”

“It’s okay. Who is this?”

“I’m officer Kyuhyun. Are you Mr. Kim Taehyun?”

“Yes. What happen?”

“Do you have a son and his name is Kim Taehwan?”

“Yes.”

“Did he have a son?”

“Yes. His name is Kim Taeng.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim but your son and his wife found dead this morning. They’ve been murdered by someone. I’m sorry for your lost.”

Mr. Kim dropped the phone. He can’t believe what he heard. His son and his daughter-in-law is murdered. A single tears escaped from his eyes.

“Honey? What happen? Why are you crying?” asked Mrs. Kim and shed her husband’s tears.

“Our son.. is murdered.. this morning..” Mrs. Kim stopped her action and stunned. Her body trembling.

“.. What..?” Mrs. Kim then burst out of tears. And then Taeng’s come.

“Grandpa? Granny? Why are you crying?” asked Taeng’s concerned. Mr. Kim look at his grandson and pick him up.

“I’m fine Taeng. I want to tell you something.” Said Mr. Kim. Taeng nodded. His grandfather then take a long breath.

“Your parents can’t come to your birthday today because somthing come up. They have to leave to the other country.” Said Mr. Kim. Taeng look to the ground.

“But they promise to make a birthday party for me and celebrate it together.” Said Taeng sadly. Mr. Kim want to cry but he hold back his tears.

“I’m sorry but i can make a party for you.” said Mr. Kim. Taeng nodded and give his grandfather a smile. Mr. Kim can see sadness in his eyes.

I’m sorry Taeng i can’t tell you the truth. Not before you ready..

End of Flashback

--

Taeng drove his car for 10 minutes and he finally arrived at his destination. He walk towards the main door and ready to ring the bell. He always have this excited feeling when he pick up someone he love so much. But he keep that feeling by himself because he scared he will ruin their friendship if the later know his feeling.

“Morning Taeng.” Said a lady in front of him.

“Morning aunt Jung.” Bowed Taeng.

“Come in.” Said Mrs. Jung. Taeng nodded and walk inside the Jung’s house.

“Morning Taeng.” Said Mr. Jung.

“Morning uncle. How are you?” asked Taeng politely.

“I’m fine Taeng. It’s been a week since the last time i saw you.” said Mr. Jung and patted Taeng’s back.

“Yeah, you always go to work early in the morning uncle.” Grinned Taeng.

“Yeah, it’s been busy in the office. I have to go Taeng. Take care of my princesses will you?” said Mr. Jung.

“I will uncle.” And always will.

“Taeng oppa! Annyeong!” Taeng turn his head to find the source of the voice.

“Morning baby Jung. Where’s your sister?” asked Taeng and patted Krystal head.

“Still upstairs. She just awake 5 minutes before you came.” Said Krystal and drink her milk.

“She’s sleeping beauty after all.” Joked Taeng. Both of thom grinned.

“Oh i need to go now oppa. I don’t want to be late.” Said Krystal.

“Do you want me to drive you there?” asked Taeng.

“Nah.. it’s okay oppa. Beside my school is far from yours. Bye oppa.” Krystal then kissed Taeng on the cheek.

“She’s only 11 years old but why i feel like talking with 16 years old?” mumbled Taeng. Suddenly he felt a warm hands close his eyes. He know who’s hand is that because of the warmness.

“Guess who~”

“Ice princess?” said Taeng grinned. He the felt his hand was pinched by the hand.

“Yah! What was that for?” said Taeng and rubbed his hand.

“For calling me ice princess.” Said Jessica and grab her milk.

“Come on princess. We’re going to be late.” Said taeng. Jessica nodded and grab her bag.

“Mom i’m leaving with Taeng oppa.” She shouted and link her arms with Taeng. Taeng blushed at the contact and screaming with joy inside on his mind. On the outside, he keep it cool. Taeng and Jessica is one year apart. Both of them attend a same high school but this year is the last year for Taeng and his bestfriend since he’s being a senior this year. Taeng open his passenger door to Jessica. The later smile sweetly because of his gentle. Taeng drive to his school.

“Oppa.”

“Hm?”

“You’re graduate this year didn’t you?” asked Jessica.

“Hm mm”

“Are you planning to study aboard?”

“I don’t know. Not deciding yet. Why?” asked Taeng but still focused on the road. Jessica didn’t answer it. She keep silent and let out a long sigh.

“What happen princess?” asked Taeng worried.

“I’ll miss you..” Jessica mumbled.

“Mwoh?”

“Nothing..” Taeng look at Jessica and back to the road.

I’ll miss you too..

--

“Yah! Why you always late?” asked Yul. Taeng just smile and look at Jessica.

“Blame the sleeping beauty in there.” Said Taeng and smile. Yul look at his bestfriend.

“You love her didn’t you?” asked Yul. Taeng look at him with what-are-you-talking-about face and get a smacked on the back of his head.

“Aww! What was that for?!” yelled Taeng and rubbed the back of his head.

“Don’t play dumb with me. I being your bestfriend since forever.” Yul shake his head.

“I hate you.” mumbled Taeng, only receive another smacked.

“YAH! Kwon Yul you’re dead!!” shout Taeng and run toward his bestfriend. Taeng and Yul already being bestfriend since diapers. Eventhought Yul has a twins, but he always play with Taeng. Thats why Yoong being bestfriend with Soo since diaper too.

“Oppa? What are you doing in my class?” Taeng turned his head and saw Jessica.

“Hey princess. I’m finding my stupid bestfriend. You see him?” asked Taeng. Jessica shake her head and look into her classroom until she spotted someone.

“Try to ask Fany then.” Said Jessica. Taeng nodded and walk towards Tiffany’s seat.

“Hey mushroom. Did you see Yul?”

“O-oh! H-hey Taeng oppa! N-No! i didn’t see him.” Tiffany chuckled nervously. She’s sweating a lot when lying and Taeng know about that.

“Lying to me and i swear i will not buying you another pink stuff.” Taeng smirked. Tiffany open her eyes widely.

“NO!! Please not Taeng oppa!! Jessi help me!” Jessica only look at her blankly.

“Na a ah.. you can’t asked her help.” Said Taeng. Suddenly Yul popped from his hiding place and kiss Tiffany on the lips.

“Thanks Fany baby! Oppa will buy you a lot’s of pink stuff!” and run away.

“Kwon Yul! Come back here!” taeng shout and run again. Jessica just shake her head and turn her head toward her blushing bestfriend.

“Too much PDA in the morning Tiff.”

“Shut up..” mumbled Tiffany and fanning herself. Jessica laugh a little.

“You still like him?” asked Tiffany. Jessica look at her bestfriend.

“I don’t like him Tiff.”

“But love him.”

“Shut up.”

“Just tell him already.” Jessica sigh

“It’s not that simple.”

“It is! Just tell him that you love him and you’ll be a couple like me and Yul.”

“What if he didn’t love me too? Thats only will ruined our friendship.”

“But both of you look like a couple already!”

“I don’t know just.. let’s not talk about this.” When Tiffany waas about to complain, the teacher come. Jessica sigh in relief because the teacher save her from her loud bestfriend.

--

“Oppa,” Taeng look at Krystal. Both of them is play game together, just like their ritual routine after school.

“Hm?” Taeng still gluee on the screen. Krystal didn’t say anything so he turn his attention to Krystal.

“What happen baby Jung?” asked Taeng. Krystal look at Taeng in the eyes.

“Do you like my unnie?” asked Krystal. Taeng widened his eyes and smile.

“Ofcourse. I treat both of you like my own sisters.” Said Taeng and ruffled Krystal hair.

“Not that like. Do you love unnie?” Krystal asked innocently. Taeng dilook at her.

“Ofcourse i love her, like a brother do.” said Taeng and continue playing. Little did he know, Jessica hear all the conversation and run to her room to cry her heart out.

--

9 months later, Graduation’s day

“So.. ready for party tonight?” asked Soo to his bestfriend. Taeng si playing soccer with Yoong while Yul is reading a magazine.

“We have to bring our date right? Who’ll you bring?” asked Yoong.

“My Fany baby for sure.” Said Yul.

“I don’t need your answer Yul. We know that.” Said Yoong. Yul stuck his tongue out and continue to read.

“I don’t know. Maybe i’ll bring Hyoyeon.” Said Soo and munch his chips.

“Kim Hyoyeon? The dancing machine? Wow Soo, she’s hot you know!” said Yoong excited. Soo just smirked and watch his bestfriend playing. Yoong turned his head towards Taeng.

“Taeng, who’ll you bring?” asked Yoong. Taeng turn his attention towards the youngest.

“I’ll bring Sica.” He said casualy and continue playing. Yul smirk after hear his bestfriend answer.

“Just ask her out already Taeng.” Said Yul. Taeng glared at his bestfriend.

“You like Sica?” asked Yoong disbeliefed.

“He don’t like Sica Yoong, he LOVE her.” said Soo and high-fived with Yul. Taeng just shake his head.

“Just mind your own bussiness.” Said Taeng.

“But Taeng, if not now, when?” said Yul. Taeng just keep silence. He don’t know how to answer his bestfriend.

“Imagine that someday, someone else, who bolder enough than you, ask her out? What about you? And what if, Sica also love you too?” Yul said. He concerned about his bestfriend who didn’t dare to say his feeling towards his bestfriend.

“Just shut up.” said Taeng and leave the Kwon’s house. Three of them just stare at Taeng’s back.

“I hope he didn’t regret it if he’s too late.” Said Soo. The twins nodded their head and continue what they’re doing before.

--

At the party

Taeng open his car door and stepped out. He look really handsome with his suit. All of the student look at him with awe. The girl is drooling over him and the boys look at him jealousy. He then walk toward the passenger door and open it. Jessica stepped out from his car and smile sweetly. She wear a simple black short dress that reveal her honey thight. The boys drool ate her and the girls look at her in awe. Both of them is the gorgeous couple in the party. Jessica linked her hand with Taeng and Taeng bring her towards his bestfriend.

“Woow Sica you look so y!” said Yoong.

“Yes unnie, you look like goddess.” Said Seohyun, Yoong’s date.

“Thank you oppa, Seobaby.” Said Jessica blushed.

“Woow Taeng oppa you look soooo hot!” said Tiffany. Yul pout.

“Am i not?” said Yul. Tiffany giggled and kiss Yul on the lips.

“You’re hotter.” Said Tiffany seductively. Yul grinned and bring Tiffany to the dance floor. Soo and Hyoyeon is dancing already. That leave the two couple.

“Hyunnie, do you want to dance?” asked Yoong. Seohyun nodded.

“See you later Taeng.” Said Yoong and winked. Taeng nodded.

“See you later Tang oppa, Sica unnie.” Seohyun bowed.

“Okay Seobaby.” Said Jessica smile. Taeng and Jessica sit in the silence. Both of them don’t know what to do. taeng take a peek at Jessica. He was mesmerized by the later beauty. She’s goddess..  thought Taeng.

“Do you want to dance?” asked Taeng smile. Jessica look at him and smile.

“No. I want to take a walk around here.” Said Jessica.

“Can i walk with you?” asked Taeng. Jessica smile again.

“Ofcourse.” Jessica then link her arms again with Taeng. It’s being a habbit now. Taeng then lead both of them to the garden on the back of school. Jessica sit in the grass while Taeng decided to lay down. Both of them sat in silence, yet comfortable. Taeng turn his head and look at Jessica. He once again absorbed by the later beauty.

“It’s beuatiful isn’t it?” asked Jessica while looking at the sky. Taeng nodded.

“Yeah it is.” Said Taeng still glued at Jessica’s goddess figured.

“So.. do you will study aboard  oppa?” asked Jessica. Taeng look at the sky.

“I don’t know. Maybe yes, but maybe no.” said taeng. Jessica turn her head and look at Taeng with confused stare. Taeng chuckled and sit beside Jessica.

“Maybe yes, because i want to live with my parents. Maybe no, because i don’t want to leave my grandparents, my bestfriend, you, and your family. Said Taeng. Jessica blushed.

“But where your parents live?” asked Jessica. Taeng keep silence because he had no idea where his parents is.”

“I don’t know either. They never send me a letter or comeback home since 14 years ago.” Said Taeng. Jessica nodded.

“Don’t you miss them?” asked Jessica again. Taeng chuckled and ruffled Jessica’s hair.

“Ofcourse. But what can i do?” said Taeng. Both of them then look at the sky again.

Now, or nothing. Thought Jessica. She take a deep breath and release it quietly.

“Oppa.” Called Jessica. Taeng turned his head.

“Hm?” Jessica take a deep breath again.

“I love you.” said Jessica. There.. i say it.. thought Jessica. Taeng freeze. He don’t know if that is a confession or not. He look at Jessica and look at her calm figure.

“I love you too.” Said Taeyeon softly. Jessica turn her head slowly and look at Taeng’s eyes.

“Really oppa?” asked Jessica smile. Taeng nodded and smile.

“Ofcourse i love you. i treat you and Krystal as my little sister.” Said Taeng and smile. Jessica smile fadded. She want to cry. She can’t take it anymore.

“I love you! Why did you always saw me as..”

Before she can finished her line, Taeng stopped her with his lips. Jessica shocked at the forst and relaxed. The kiss was slow and filled by emotion. Jessica didn’t realize that her tears that she trying to hold finally run down her face. Taeng pulled himself and shed Jessica tears. He smile lovingly at Jessica.

“Why..” said Jessica.

“Because i love you..”

“As a sister, i know.” Said Jessica cut Taeng. More tears pour from her eyes.

“No. i love you, not as a sister. I love you more than a sister. I really love you Jessica Jung. I love you with all my heart.” Said Taeng and shed her tears.

“Then why you always said that you only love me as your sister?! It hurts me so much!” said Jessica sobbed. Taeng hug her and patted her back.

“I’m so sorry for making you hurts. I’m scared. I’m scared that you didn’t love me like i did and that will ruin our friendship. I don’t want to lose you.” said Taeng. Jessica cry harder.

“How can i not love you after all you’ve done to me?” said Jessica sobbed. Taeng shed her tears and look into her eyes.

“Can you please forgive this pabo and give him a chance?” asked Taeng. Jessica nodded slowly. Taeng smile lovingly at Jessica.

“Jessica Jung, do you want to be my girlfriend?” asked Taeng. Jessica smile and nodded. Taeng grinned widely and kiss his girlfriend. The kiss that poured their emotion they keep all the time. When they out of breath, they pulled themself and rest their forehead together. Tang and Jessica look into each other eyes lovingly.

“I love you.”