Part I : 16 Years Ago

Voice In My Dreams

 

“Hello! My name is Kim Taeng! You’re pretty. Lets be friend!”

 

“Jessica.. Honey.. wake up..”

Little Jessica open her eyes slowly and look at her mom who wake her up.

“Come on honey.. We’ll be late for our flight..” her mom shake her slowly. Little Jessica rubbed her eyes and let out a cute yawn.

“What time is it mommy?” asked little Jessica. Mrs. Jung smile and her older daughter’s cheeks gently.

“It’s almost 9. Go get ready. Your father and your baby sister is waiting in the dining room.” said Mrs. Jung and patted her 7 years old daughter. Little Jessica nodded excitedly and run towards her towel rack to get her princess towel and run to the bathroom. Mrs. Jung smile and shooked her head while leaving her first born daughter’s room. After little Jessica finished her bath, she put some dress and run towards the dining room.

“Ah.. my older princess is here!” said Mr. Jung. Llittle Jessica run towards her dad and her baby sister.

“Yes daddy! I can’t wait for our flight to Korea!” she said excitedly. She then looked towards her baby sister who sat on they’re fathers lap.

“Krystal-ah! Are you excited too?” asked little Jessica and play with Krystal’s hand.

“Ddaadadadammbubuu” mumbled Krystal. Jessica laughed at her baby sister and kiss her cheeks. Krystal gave her older sister a wide smile.

“Come Jessi.. you have to eat your breakfast before the flight.” Said Mrs. Jung to little Jessica. Little Jessica nodded and start to eat her pancake. After she finished her breakfast, she’s waiting her parents for get ready and play with her baby sister.

After 15 minutes waiting, the Jung’s family ready to leave they’re house in San Fransisco.

“Come on, take a picture first!” said Mr. Jung. The whole family stand in front of their house and smile. Satisfied with the picture, they get in to their cab and leave the car. Little Jessica open the car’s windows and stuck her head out from the window and yelled,

“Bye-Bye house! See you later!”

And sat back in her seat. Her parents smile at her older daughter’s antics.

“Thats my princess.” Said Mr. Jung and patted her head.

After 10 minutes ride, they arrived at San Fransisco International Airport. After they finished the imigration, they wait for boarding time. Little Jessica sat between her parents. She play with her 1 years old sister who sit on their father’s lap. After half an hour waiting, they finally get in to the plane. The seat position is Mr. Jung with Krystal - little Jessica - Mrs. Jung. At 10.30 o’clock, the plane finally take off to South Korea. Because tired of playing, both Krystal and Mr. Jung fast asleep on their seat. Mrs. Jung is reading a book and little Jessica just look around. She then remember a voice in her dream.

“Mommy, last night i have those dream again.” said Jessica. Mrs. Jung put her book down and look at her older daughter.

“Which one sweet heart?” asked Mrs. Jung and Jessica’s hair.

“i heard a voice in my dream almost every night mommy. A little boy voiced. He was introduced himself to me and asked me to be his friend.” Said Jessica

“Did he is one of your friend? Jay? Or maybe Khun?” asked Mrs. Jung again. Jessica tap her chin.

“No.. i don’t think it was one of them mommy.. and did i mention that the boy asked me to be his friend? Jay and Khun is my best friend already” said Jessica. Mrs. Jung smile.

“Your best friend.. or your boyfriend?” tease Mrs. Jung. Jessica give her mom a shocked expresion.

“Mommy! They’re my best friend!” said Jessica and puffed her cheeks. Mrs. Jung laughed at her daughter and pinched Jessica cheeks.

“Alright alright.. they are your best friend.” Mrs. Jung smile,

“Maybe a voice in your dreams tell you that you’ll have a new friends in Korea.” Said Mrs. Jung. Jessica crossed her arms to think. Mrs. Jung chuckled at her daughter.

“Maybe you were right mommy! Maybe i’ll get a new friend in there!” said Jessica excitedly. Mrs. Jung giggled and patted Jessica’s head.

“Now go to sleep like your father and sister. There will be a long flight for us.” Said Mrs. Jung. Jessica nodded and positioned herself to sleep. Can’t wait to see my new friend.. thought Jessica and drift to the dream land..

--

Somewhere, South Korea.

“Young master.. Please wake up..”

“....”

“Young master Kim.. please wake up.. your grandparents waiting for you..”

“I’m still sleepy Butler Yoo.. please let me sleep 10 minutes more..” mumbles the Young Master Kim.

“But young master..” the butler slowly shook the young master body but he didn’t move a muscle. Suddenly someone open the door.

“Where is my favorite grandson?” asked the old man. The butler look at him and bowed.

“Good Morning Grand Master.” Said butler Yoo.

“Ah.. Butler Yoo. Is my grandson awake?” asked the old man to the butler. The butler shook his head.

“I’m afraid he isn’t Grand Master. Last night he play with Young Master Kwons and Young Master Choi until late night. I apologies because let them play late last night,” bowed Butler Yoo.

“Ahh.. is that so? It’s okay Butler Yoo. Kids this day need to play more. You can leave us now Butler Yoo.” Said Mr. Kim. Butler Yoo nodded and bowed.

“I will leave both of you Grand Master Kim.” Said Butler Yoo and closed the door. Once the door closed, the older Kim start walking towards his Grandson’s bed and tickled his only grandson.

“No.. please.. stop it.. hahahaha.. Butler Yoo.. hahaha.. okay okay i’m up i’m up.. hahahha” said the young Kim.

“As you wish Young Master.” Said Mr. Kim joked. The Young Kim rubbed his eyes and open it to take a better look at the culprit who tickled him.

“GRANDPA!! You’re back!!!” said the Young Kim and run towards the older man.

“Hahahaha easy Taeng. Your grandpa is getting old you know.” Said Mr. Kim and patted his 8 years old grandson’s head.

“But i miss you granpa! And where is granny?” asked little Taeng. His grandfather put him down.

“She’s downstair, making your favorite breakfast.” Said Mr. Kim. Taeng smile after hear that and ready for run but his Grandfather grab his hand faster.

“Ah ah ah.. you can’t eat your breakfast before wash up.” said Mr. Kim. Taeng pouted and nodded. He grabbed his towel and went to the bathroom. Mr. Kim chuckled and left the room. He went downstair and went to the kitchen to find his wife busily making their grandson’s favorite breakfast. Mr. Kim walk to his wife and kiss her cheeks. Mrs. Kim look at his husband and gave him smile.

“Is Taeng awake?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“Yes. He’s washing up now.” Said Mr. Kim. His wife nodded and continue to the food. Mr. Kim get some coffe and sit at dining table and read his newspaper.

“Morning granny!!” shout little Taeng run towards her Grandmother and hugged her. Mrs. Kim look at Taeng and hug him back.

“Omoo.. my grandson is smells good. Now sit with your grandfather and i’ll bring you a pancake, arraso?” said Mrs. Kim. Taeng nodded and run toward the dining table. The maid served him a cup of milk and he gladly drink that. Finally, the pancake is served. Taeng and his grandparents eat their breakfast happily. In the middle of their pleasant breakfast, someone shouted.

“Kim Taeng!! We’re here!!” said the intruder. Mrs. Kim look at his grandson.

“You invite the twins and the shikshin early in the morning?” asked his grandmother. Taeng just gave her grandmother his dorky smile and kiss her cheeks.

“I love you granny!” said Taeng and hurriedly finished his breakfast and run towards his bestfriends.

“Let’s go play!” said Taeng. The other three nodded and start running around the house. When Taeng and his friend playing cops and robber, the Kim’s mansion have a guest.

“I’m sorry for disturbing your breakfast Grand Master, did you call me?” asked butler Yoo.

“Ah.. butler Yoo. Yes, i want you to do something for me.” said Mr. Kim.

“What is it Grand Master?” asked butler Yoo. Mr. Kim give a signal to butler Yoo to come near him.

“I want you to go to the airport with our driver to pick up my son’s best friend. He came from San Fransisco with his family. I want you to pick them up and bring them here safely.”

“It’s my pleasure to do that Grand Master.” Said butler Yoo and smile.

“Great. I know i can count on you. You can go now before your late.” Said Mr. Kim. Butler Yoo bowed and leave the dining room. Mr. Kim continue his breakfast.

“Jung? Did you mean Jason Jung? Our son’s best friend?” asked Mrs. Kim to his husband. Mr. Kim nodded.

“Yeah, yesterday he said to me that he will move to Korea and i think he still doesn’t know about our son’s condition so i’m thinking to invite him and tell him about it.” Said Mr. Kim. His wife nodded and let out a sad sigh.

“It’s been 4 year.” She said. Mr. Kim patted his wife back.

“Poor my baby grandson.” Said Mrs. Kim again and sobbed quietly. Mr. Kim sighed and hug his wife.

“He’s strong like his father and brave like his mother. He still have us.” Said Mr. Kim. Mrs. Kim nodded and wiped her tears and watch his grandson playing with his best friend.

--

Incheon Airport

“We’re her!” said little Jessica and jump. Little Krystal laughed at her sister. They’re parents smile and search for a taxi until someone tapped Mr. Jung shoulder.

“I’m sorry Master Jung. I came here to pick you up.” said butler Yoo. Mr. Jung look from shoulder and smile.

“Butler Yoo! Long time no see!” said Mr. Jung. Butler Yoo smile and bowed.

“It’s been a long time since the last time i saw you Master Jung. I will take care of your luggage and you can wait in the car.” Said butler Yoo and bowed. Mr. Jung smile and went to the car with his family.

“Honey who is he?” asked his wife. Mr. Jung smile.

“He’s my best friend’s butler. I know him since high school.” Said Mr. Jung smile.

“Ah.. you’re best friend Kim Taehwan isn’t it?” asked Mrs. Jung and hold little Jessica’s hand.

“Yes. My one and only best friend. I miss him. The last time i saw him is 4 years ago.” Said Mr. Jung and open the car door. Mrs. Jung get in with little Jessica and followed by his father with Krystal. Jessica then  playing with her little sister again. Butler Yoo get in to the car and look at the family behind him.

“Shall we go now?” asked him. The Jung’s family nodded with smile and butler Yoo told the driver to go back to the Kim’s mansion.

--

Little Taeng play hide and seek with his best friend now. He was hiding behind the big tree near the main gate. And then he saw his family car come from the outside. He run towards the car and Butler Yoo come out.

“Butler Yoo! Finally i found you! Where did you go?” asked Taeng. Butler Yoo smile and patted his Young Master’s head.

“I’m sorry young master, i have to pick up someone from the airport and i’m sure that you still playing with your best friend right? You better hide now.” Said Butler Yoo and wink at Taeng. Taeng saw his shikshin friend is coming into his way.

“Oh shoot! I forgot! Thanks Butler Yoo!” whisper Taeng and he run to hide again. Butler Yoo chuckled and went to the back of the car to open the door for the Jung’s.

“Who is that little boy butler Yoo?” asked Mr. Jung.

“Ah, you must be forget him. It had been 4 years since the last time you saw him. He’s Taeng, Master Kim’s only son.” Said butler Yoo.

“Ah! I remember him now. His grown up.” Said Mr. Jung smile. Butler Yoo smile and guide the Jung’s family inside the mansion. Jessica look at the mansion with open. She then tugged her mother’s hand and whisper,

“This house is soooo big!” whisper her. Mrs. Jung giggle and patted her daughter head. When they arrived at the living room, butler Yoo excuse himself to call the Grand Master. The Jung’s family sit on the sofa and look around.

“Daddy this house is sooo big!!” said Jessica excitedly. Mr. Jung laughed and ruffled her daughter’s hair.

“Yes it it princess. This is daddy’s best friend house.” Said Mr. Jung. The door suddenly open and reveal 2 boys running and 2 boys walking.

“FOOD!!!!” said Soo and Yoong running. Yul and Taeng following behind them and chuckled.

“We better hurry before that two shikshins eat all of our food.” Said Yul. Taeng laugh and nodded. Both of them then run towards the dining room. Mr and Mrs Jung chuckled at the boys then Butler Yoo appear with two elders.

“Uncle Kim! Aunt Kim!” said Mr. Jung and bowed. Mr. Kim chuckled.

“You can leave us now Butler Yoo. Hello son, and how many time i told you to call me appa instead uncle?” said Mr. Kim frowned. Mrs. Kim giggle and nodded.

“How are you Jason?” asked Mrs. Kim smile.

“I’m fine umma, and what about you?” said Mr. Jung.

“Yah! You call my wife umma and call me uncle? No fair.” Said Mr. Kim. He then saw two little girl sitting between their parents.

“Ah.. they must be your daughters? They’re so beautiful.” Said Mr. Kim. Mrs. Kim then look at the two little girls and clapped her hand.

“Omo.. they’re so cute! They look like their mother!” said Mrs. Kim and look towards Mrs. Jung.

“Thankyou.. um..”

“Call me umma my dear.” Said Mrs. Kim softly. Mrs. Jung smile.

“Thank you.. umma. Jessi come on say hi to grandpa and grandma.” Said Mrs. Jung. Jessica stand up from her sit and shyly bowed.

“Hello.. My name is Jessica..” she said shyly and go back to her seat. The elders chuckled and her parents giggled.

“How old are you little angel?” asked Mrs. Kim. Jessica shyly hold her hands up and showed her finger.

“7..” mumbled Jessica. Mrs. Kim giggled and patted her hair. Mr. Kim then called Butler Yoo again.

“Call my grandson here.” he said. Butler Yoo nodded and go to the dining room. The Kim’s and the Jung’s then chat for a while until someone interupt them.

“Grandpa! You call me?” asked Taeng who just arrived. Mr. Kim nodded.

“This is my only grandson. Taeng. Taeng, say hello to the Jung’s” said Mr. Kim.

“Hello! My name is Kim Taeng! Nice to meet you!” he bowed and smile.

“He look like his father.” Said Mr. Jung smile. The elders Kim body’s tensed up. Mr. Kim then cleared his throat.

“Taeng, take Jessica play with you. I want to speak with her parents.” Said Mr. Kim smile.

“Okay grandpa.” He then grabbed Jessica’s hand and walked outside the living room. When the door closed, Taeng turned his head to saw Jessica. Jessica only stare at him with confused look.

“Hello! My name is Kim Taeng! You’re so pretty. Let’s be friend!” said Taeng showing his dorky grinned. Jessica smile shyly.

“My name is Jessica Jung.. alright..” said Jessica.

“Great! Let’s meet my best friend and let’s play together!” said Taeng and drag Jessica towards the dining room.