Ashleigh - The Final

Unintentional Love Story

"Say, that was a good performance we put up!! I think. Hahaha" she laughed nervously. Looking at Chloe, she demanded, "Yah, Cloe! How could you forget your moves?!" 

"Sorry lor, I was too nervous I guess." Chloe apologized. Her eyes downcast on the floor.

Shortly after, we waited for another hour or so, before the final decisions of the finalists to the final round. The emcee also stated that if we had performed as a group, the judges would have picked out the individuals to perform again in a solo for the final round. 

"Whoops, I think either Haley or Ashleigh would make it in! The rest of us had mistakes, which were way too obvious....." Julia trailed off into silence, while listening to the emcee announce each individual name as a finalist. 

Just then, "Ashleigh" was heard. I felt my head snap up, towards my friends, totally bewildered. My friends were staring at me. At once, I felt my hands go clammy again and my heartbeat increase in speed. 

Whooping, Kayla patted me on the back and whistled softly. Julia smiled while Chloe winked at me. Haley kept silent. I knew she was disappointed that she didn't get in. Anyway, they encouraged me for the performance, which was the 3rd one to be showcased individually for the finals. 

My turn came, I sang and dance. My mind was in a total blank state, in which I could not quite comprehend what I was doing. Everything was over. It was now, the final decision -  of the champion. Out of the 100 contestants in total, 12 had made it into the finals, and 1 final champion. 

The silence was like a torture. I stood at the front of the stage together with the other 11 finalists. The other remaining contestants behind. Awaiting the final champion declaration, all our eyes fell on the judges, and the emcee whom was holding a piece of paper - a name, the champion's name written down there.