Ashleigh - The Stage

Unintentional Love Story

We had decided to combine as one to perform a group choreographed dance instead of as an individual. Singing was left out. If we qualified to the 2nd round, we would then sing and dance as an individual performance.

On the day of the contest, we were all pacing around tirelessly, practising our vocals and choreographed dance in the backstage of the auditorium. As we waited for our turn to come, we sat down on the comfy sofa. No matter how comfy it was, we would fidget anxiously, crossing our legs, smoothing our hair, fumble with our fingernails....

"Kayla, Julia, Ashleigh, Chloe and Haley. You guys are on next!" someone walked into the backstage and announced. We immediately stood up in unison, our breaths quicker. We each knew what we had to do. Stiffly, we walked out to the entrance door of the main stage. Shouts, screams and cheering could be heard going on. 

Just then, we heard, "Now we present to you, a group of five auditionees, they will be showcasing a group dance performance. With that, let's welcome them onstage!!" 

Upon hearing that, we took it as a cue, and walked out onto the stage. Only to be blinded by the beams of bright lights and the cheering and clapping spetacular audiences.