The Otter Faints

It Started at a Fan Meeting [Hiatus]

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

I just got back to our suite. Where did I go? I forgot something from the van.

“Hyung, can we rest for a while before starting with the photo shoot?” Jung Min asked me as he laid himself on the bed.

“Ne. I’m a little tired myself.” I sat on the bed and leaned against the wall, reading my book. “Where’s Young Saeng?”

Kyu Jong shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe looking for something to do.”

“Or maybe looking for some girls. Kekeke.” Hyung Jun naughtily said.

Jung Min threw a pillow at him. “Yah! Shut up, Jerry.”

“Stop throwing things at the maknae, Tom.” Hyung Jun said back.

I shook my head at them. The three kept on teasing and insulting each other, throwing whatever was in their reach.

After a few minutes, Young Saeng entered the room with a sad face.

“What’s wrong, hyung? Didn’t find any girls?” Hyung Jun asked.

“Andwae.” Young Saeng answered and lied on the bed beside Jung Min and closed his eyes.

*I think I know what’s bothering you, Young Saeng.* I thought.

Young Saeng’s POV

I lied on the bed, covered my face with a pillow and closed my eyes.

*Aish! I looked all around the beach. I even wore a stupid disguise, but I still didn’t find her.*

I kicked off my shoes and relaxed on the bed. *I guess I’ll just have to see you in dreamland.*

I was about to fall asleep when I heard manager hyung’s voice.

“Okay guys, get up now. We will start the photo shoot in a few minutes.”

“Ahh hyung.” Jung Min grunted. “I’m still sleepy.”

I removed the pillow from my face. I saw manager hyung crossing his arms. “If you want to stay here until tomorrow, you better follow me now. If you don’t do that, we will leave right after the photo shoot.”

With that we all stood up and prepared to leave.

“Uhm hyung, what should we wear? I mean, shouldn’t the stylists be fixing looks now?” Hyun Joong hyung asked.

“Aniyo.” He answered. “If you were on a trip at the beach, would you still bother fixing your clothes and your hair? If we do that, it wouldn’t look natural anymore.”

I nodded in agreement. “Let’s go. The sun disappears quickly these days.”

“Yeah.” Hyun Joong hyung said. “Because there’s no girl to hold the light up.”

We all stared at him. “Is that you, hyung?” Jung Min touched his forehead checking if he had a fever.

“Hyung, are feeling okay?” Hyung Jun pulled at Hyun Joong hyung’s sleeve.

“Aish! I’m alright. Just because I said something about a girl, doesn’t mean I’m sick. I’m also a boy, you know.”

We made our way to the beach. It was so cool. The sand was white, the seawater was clear blue and there were shells and seaweeds everywhere. *It all looks so natural.*

We started our photoshoot. First, we did it as a group, then individually. As usual, Jung Min wanted more photos of himself, so we voted that he’d be the last.

“Aish, why am I always the last?” He complained.

“Because you take up so much time, Jung Min ah.” Kyu Jong said.

Jung Min stomped and sat on a rock, waiting for us to finish.

Usually, it would take time for me to adjust during photo shoots. I don’t instantly act natural on camera especially when we’re in a new place, but that time, I was too excited to search for our fan girl so I did my best to smile as naturally as I can.

“You did great today, Young Saeng.” Manager hyung said. I smiled proudly.

Hyun Joong’s POV

“You did great today, Young Saeng.” Manager hyung said to the otter.

*Maybe he’s excited to explore the beach. Or maybe he saw…*

I wasn’t able to finish my suspicion since manager hyung called me for my turn.

As usual, in most of the shots, I smiled without showing my teeth. Most of our fans said I looked better when I’m in a serious mood.

Jung Min’s POV

*Aish, why am I always last? I don’t take up much time, do I? I mean, it’s not my fault that the camera loves me so much. Blame it to my charisma.*

I stood and started kicking the shells. Childish, huh? I walked round and round for a few times until, at last, it was my turn already.

“Ya! Wait for me!” I shouted to the others as they started running towards the changing rooms. “You made me wait for a long time and now you’re leaving me?”

They all laughed, but returned and sat on the white sand. Honestly, I was happy to be at a beach again. Ever since I started raining at DSP Entertainment, I barely had time to enjoy swimming nor surfing anymore.

I smiled my fans’ favorite and smile and tilted my head at different angles.

After 20 minutes, I was done.

“At last!” Hyung Jun exclaimed.

We all went to the changing rooms and wore our trunks under our cargo pants and simple shirts.

“Let’s go.” Young Saeng hyung seemed so excited. He rarely gets more excited than I am during trips like this.

“What’s wrong with Young Saeng hyung?” I asked the others when he hurriedly left.

Kyu Jong shrugged.

“Maybe he expects to see his fan girl at the beach.” Hyun Joong hyung said.

“Which fan girl?” Hyung Jun asked. “The last one from our Seoul fan meeting?”

Hyun Joong hyung nodded.

“Why would he want to see her?” Kyu Jong hyung asked.

“I dunno.” Hyun Joong hyung zipped up his bag and slung it on his shoulder. “But we know Young Saeng, he’s too quiet. We never know, maybe they’ve met each other already. Ever since we signed the CD she had, Young Saeng always seems absent-minded. That’s why I guessed he’s thinking of her.”

“You think so, hyung?” I doubtly asked. “I mean, we’re idols. Isn’t it, like, impossible for us to fall for our fans?”

“OMO!” We heard Young Saeng Hyung shout outside. We ran out to check if he was okay.

We saw him standing outside, breathing hard and seems to be in shock.

“Omo.” He said again before collapsing.