Mean It (Lauv ft. Lany)

Kyungsoo Centric One-Shots

Note : Sorry this isn't as good as I thought it was going to be but I tried.

 

Kyungsoo was about to fall into dreamland when he heard the familiar knock on his apartment door. His heart sank as he knew that the only person who would come this late at night was him. Everytime this happens, he would always open that door because he was soft-hearted like that.

Kyungsoo came face to face with Chanyeol, his best friend since high school after he opened the door. His dead- drunk best friend that he was secretly in love with.

'Kyungsoo-ya, I love you', the taller male fell right into Kyungsoo's arms. Kyungsoo sighed as he half-carried and half dragged Chanyeol to the couch. He remembered the first time he heard those words coming out of the taller's mouth. His heart skipped a beat, his mind ran wild. But of course he realised that it was just Chanyeol saying that he loved him 'as a friend'. And the sheer amount of times he said those three words to Kyungsoo was pretty outrageous, even if Chanyeol actually meant it, Kyungsoo wouldn't have believed it anymore.

'Why do you drink so much,' Kyungsoo mumbled as he finally laid the taller male sprawled on the couch with his legs dangling on the side. Kyungsoo made a mental note to buy a bigger couch.

'Stay with me Soo,' Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo into his embrace, holding onto him tightly. They laid on the couch facing each other, and suddenly Kyungsoo sensed the deja-vu in this whole situation. He tried to untangle himself but Chanyeol's grip on his waist tightened, he was stuck yet again.

'Just let me go, Chanyeol. I don't want this to happen again.'

Chanyeol just leaned in closer to Kyungsoo until the shorter male could feel his breath against his face. Kyungsoo tried to turn his face away but Chanyeol planted his lips onto Kyungsoo before he could do so. The shorter male resisted at first but eventually he melted into the kiss, him opening up to Chanyeol. They were straight on making out and even though he would regret it later like always, Kyungsoo wanted to enjoy the moment. No matter what he did, he could not escape the taller male. Because he loved him.

Kyungsoo woke up to feel the aching muscles on his back, his mind all groggy. He suddenly remembered everything that happened last night and he hated himself for it. Chanyeol was already gone, leaving Kyungsoo alone on the couch. Of course. Chanyeol would just pretend that them making out never happened and go back to their 'best friend' thing again. Kyungsoo knew that the taller male did not have the tendency to black-out after getting drunk, so he was always well aware of what they were both going into. But Chanyeol never admitted it and Kyungsoo just went with it because he didn't want to lose him.

Kyungsoo was a fool for Chanyeol no matter how hard he tries to deny it.


Kyungsoo realised that he needed to end this.
He came to a realisation that particular day when he scrolls through their messages. He had been trying to contact the taller male but to no avail. Chanyeol almost never replies when he texts, but whenever the taller texts him, he answers in a heartbeat.

Come to think of it, Chanyeol comes and goes whenever he likes. He only shows up once in a blue moon, especially when he's drunk. He comes over, makes out with him and leaves. Kyungsoo never felt so used in his life. He was letting Chanyeol mess with his feelings, trample all over him as if he was nothing. He was always at the losing end of this whole relationship.

Kyungsoo drove to where he knew Chanyeol would be : the pub. He headed inside and spotted the taller in a millisecond, talking to his bunch of friends with a bottle of beer in his hand. The shorter male walked up to Chanyeol who was alarmingly surprised at his presence.

'Kyungsoo-ya, what's up? Why are you...'

'We need to talk, now.'

Kyungsoo grabbed the taller male by the wrist and dragged him outside despite protests. He lets go when they reach the back alley where no one (hopefully) will witness Kyungsoo's up and coming outbursts.

'If this is about me not replying to your texts, I was going to you see..', Chanyeol pleaded.

Kyungsoo folded his arms, 'You know what, I don't care anymore. Just do whatever you want, I am ending this. Actually, there wasn't even anything between us to start with. Just... let's not see each other anymore.'

Chanyeol's eyes grew wide at Kyungsoo's outburst, he had never seen the shorter male like this before. He was always that calm and smiley Kyungsoo.

'Are you for real?' I mean, you know I love you right. We're best friends,' the taller stepped forward to try and hug the shorter male.

Kyungsoo waved him off, moving further away from him, tears b in his eyes.

'Don't say I love you if you don't mean it. Don't kiss me when you don't mean it. Don't do anything if you don't mean it. Because I.. won't be able to take it anymore,' Kyungsoo said before he ran off, leaving the taller male in the back alley completely stunned.


It was all over before it even began.