Cool (Gwen Stefani)

Kyungsoo Centric One-Shots

'Hyung, you will come to my wedding right?'

Kyungsoo looks at the wedding invitation in his hand before looking up at Jongin with his million dollar smile.

'Sure, I wouldn't miss it for the world.'

The people around Kyungsoo found the whole scenario to be weird. It's hard to actually stay friends with your ex, let alone attend their wedding. Kyungsoo himself, however, is pretty happy with how things turned out. He had always wished for Jongin to finally find that special someone and now that he finally did, Kyungsoo wants to be there to witness that moment.

 

Kyungsoo first met Jongin in a cinema theater.

He was there with his college friend to watch this horror movie that everyone was raving about. It wasn't his intention to watch the movie in the first place but then he lost a bet with the said friend and he would never let it go.

So there he was, seated in the third row with his favorite go-to-snack (nachos with extra cheese) and a drink while his friend had no choice but to sit a few seats away from Kyungsoo due to the last minute tickets.

'It will be fine, it's not real, it's just a movie,' Kyungsoo mumbled to himself, trying to convince himself that he could go through with it. Unfortunately, it was the exact opposite amongst all things. At first he was fine as he distracted himself with the nachos he bought, but being the glutton that he is, he finished the nachos within minutes after the movie started. He had no other way to distract himself since he wasn't able to use his phone and he couldn't lull himself to sleep with the loud noise. He also mentally cursed at the fact that he didn't have a jacket to cover his eyes for the whole movie.

Kyungsoo tried to look away but his curiosity got the best of him, so he decided to be brave for once and actually look at the movie screen. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best timing as the ghost or whatever it was appeared on the screen, scaring the living daylights out of Kyungsoo. He instinctively grabbed the arm of the person seated next to him, momentarily forgetting the fact that his friend was seated away from him. When he finally realised the situation minutes after, he almost wanted to escape and run away to the ends of earth.

Kyungsoo quickly removed his grip from the stranger's arm and apologised silently. He could hear the stranger, a male judging by the deep voice, replying with a 'no worries' turning back his atttention to the screen in front of them. Kyungsoo made a mental note to wait until the movie was over to properly apologise and explain the situation to the stranger to avoid further misunderstandings. At least now he had something to distract him from this horror fest.

The movie ended before Kyungsoo could even construct a proper apology to the stranger.

He was still contemplating about his apology to the stranger when he found a paper slip in his hand. He looked up to finally see the stranger, in all his beauty, smiling at him.

'If you want to formally apologise to me, you should treat me for dinner,' the stranger winked at him before leaving the cinema theater.

Kyungsoo was left staring blankly at the paper slip until his college friend snapped him out of it.

Call me ;) 01067492863
-Kim Jongin-

'You should be glad that I brought you here and have you seated next to that hottie, hey, I am basically your cupid!' Kyungsoo's college friend laughed as he pulled the still stunned Kyungsoo out of the cinema theater.

 

Their relationship came to an end a year after dating.

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin knew that their relationship wasn't working out as they were slowly drifting apart. It pained them both but they knew what had to be done.

'Do you remember the first time we met when you grabbed me by the arm? Even if you didn't do that I was still going to ask you out.' Jongin confessed.

Kyungsoo turned to look at the younger next to him on the swing, 'Why are you telling me this now?'

'Just because.'

They stayed quiet for a while, admiring the night sky as they were both seated on the swings at the park they frequented. Jongin got up from the swing first, dusting his jeans.

'I gotta go.'

Kyungsoo got up too, hands fidgeting, unsure of what to say.

'We'll still be friends right, since we don't actually hate each other,'  Jongin said, extending his hand to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo shook Jongin's extended hand, trying hard not to cry there and then.

 

It took a few months for both of them to process their broken relationship.

Kyungsoo was the first to call Jongin after their breakup. It took a long time, but he was ready to be friends with the younger again. Because the truth is : even though they couldn't stay together as lovers, he still wanted them to be friends. He knows that they will be cool no matter what happens.

He pressed the call button, his heart speeding up like crazy at the same time.

'Hey Jongin, want to go grab a drink together, as friends?'

'Yeah sure hyung, let's do that.'

And that was the start of their friendship.


Kyungsoo gets out of the taxi, straightening his suit in the process as he walks into the wedding venue. He looks around to see Jongin looking as dashing as ever with his suit, greeting the other wedding guests with his parents.

Jongin spots him and runs over to give a big hug to the older, 'Hyung, you made it!'

Kyungsoo hugs the younger back, 'Of course I did.'

''She will be glad to see you here, come on, let's go see her,' Jongin held onto Kyungsoo's arm and pulled him to the bride's room.

'Oh oppa, you came!'

The bride is ethereally beautiful in her white wedding dress, almost glowing even. Kyungsoo could see why Jongin fell in love with her.

Kyungsoo hugged the bride, 'Congratulations, you look beautiful.'

'Thanks oppa, why don't the three of us take a picture together?'

'Sure, why not.'

The three of them took a picture, with Jongin on the left and Kyungsoo on the right, making funny faces while the bride laughed at their antics.

Kyungsoo takes his seat as the bride enters with her father. He sees Jongin at the front of the altar with that smile of his, waiting for the bride to reach to him.

As both of them read their vows, Kyungsoo sheds a tear as the past memories of him and Jongin resurfaces. He knows that he got over it, but the memories that they have will always be kept inside a corner of his heart. He is genuinely happy for the younger and he always will be no matter what happens because they are best friends, even after all they have been through.


The wedding ends as Kyungsoo walks out of the venue, trying to catch a cab. His phone rings all of a sudden and he fishes out his phone from his pocket to see that he was calling.

He smiles as he answers the call, 'Wae, why did you call.'

'Ya where did you go, I don't see you at home. I miss you.'

Kyungsoo chuckles, 'I was only gone for a few hours, I am at Jongin's wedding. I told you the other day, don't you remember.'

'Ah right, I must have not heard you. How is Jongin? He better have maried that girl and not try to steal you away from me!'

'Why are you so jealous, I am yours now remember. Park Chanyeol.'

'Good to know, hurry up and come home. I wanna cuddle.'

'Alright mister, give me twenty minutes and we can cuddle.' Kyungsoo replies with a cheeky grin on his face as he hails a cab to go home to his lover.