Lost in Japan (Shawn Mendes)

Kyungsoo Centric One-Shots

Hi there everyone :) thanks for the subscribes and comments :)

Here is the third one-shot, but this time I didn't actually follow the songs lyrics to write this. Just wrote this on a whim based on the song title. Hope you like it!

 

Kyungsoo officially hates himself for being terrible at directions.

He is very lost, being stuck in Japan with his huge- luggage (he shouldn't have packed those Jin ramens) and is currently swarmed by office workers (it was not a good idea to fly in on a busy Monday) in the train station.

'Damn it,' he mumbles to himself, trying to analyse the google map on his phone once he found a corner to stand with his luggage while not being a nuisance to others.

He regrets not actually being able to differentiate left from right (yeah he is that bad at directions). Kyungsoo always had his best friends like Jongin to take him around everywhere so he never actually bothered to learn directions. He starts thinking that maybe he shouldn't have travel to another country on a whim and alone when he is that bad at directions.

He takes up a whole 15 minutes to actually read the map and figure out the way to his hotel. He doesn't really understand why the subway in Tokyo is so complicated with the lines interconnected to one another. And to think he doesn't even know how to travel around Seoul via subway either.

Kyungsoo buys the ticket from the ticket machine, carefully placing it in his pocket before he pulls his luggage with him to the platform. He spends a good 10 minutes to figure out which platform to wait at (since he cannot differentiate left from right). It was not until he got on the train and have been passing a few stations that he realised he was on the wrong subway line.

'Why am I so ing stupid,' he mumbles to himself again, loud enough to earn glares coming from the other passengers from the train. He momentarily forgets that Japanese people are really quiet in trains. He bows a little in a form of apology and gets off at the next station and walks across to the opposite platform.

He finally is on the right track three hours after he landed in Tokyo. At least the train is not that full since all the office people would have already been grinding at their desks. He does see some cute looking kindergarden students in the train with their cute little uniforms which makes him smile unknowingly. That sort of cheered him up.


Kyungsoo adjusts his glasses with his left hand while he searches up the location of his hotel on his phone with his luggage placed next to him. He thanked the stars that he did not get off on the wrong station like the fool that he is, but now there is another hurdle he has to overcome. He did think of giving in to the temptation of just hailing a cab which let's face it, is the best idea for people like him. But of course his competitiveness in him doesn't relent. He did manage to reach his current location in one piece, he sure as hell can get to the hotel by himself.

The doe-eyed male trudges his luggage along with him as he finally breathes Tokyo's crisp cool air, he feels the cool wind blowing relentlessly that got him to tighten his grip on his padded jacket. He stands at the side of the train station entrance, looking to his left and right before studying the map.

'Okay, this looks like a right to me,' he mumbles to himself again (he thinks he should really not talk to himself anymore because people might think of him as a weirdo). He decides to follow his instincts and heads to the right, taking in the views of his surroundings.

Kyungsoo walks until he reaches the street next to where the hotel is located at according to his map-reading skills that is. The map did say that he is approximately 10 minutes away from his destination. Guess he isn't that useless after all.

But of course, he gets lost at the last minute as his phone battery suddenly dies. He curses at his ty luck which he forgets that he still has that habit of saying his thoughts out loud. Just as he was about to start panicking, Kyungsoo feels a light tap on his shoulder. He instinctively turns around to see a much taller male with slight pointy ears that reminded him of an elf almost hovering above him.


'Hey, um, do you need any help?' the taller male speaks in Korean which startles Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo freezes, trying to think of the proper way to talk to the pretty handsome guy in front of him that can possibly also help him to find the way to the hotel without humilliating himself.

'Uh yeah, you're Korean?'

The taller male nods and Kyungsoo felt relieved since he now doesn't have to resort to communicating people with his broken Japanese.

'Thank god you're Korean. You see, I am very lost here. I am supposed to check-in to my hotel which is literally 10 minutes away and just so you know, I am terrible at directions. I know you will ask why don't I use my phone like a normal person in the 21st century, I did but now my phone battery is dead and yeah I need help.'

The taller male chuckles, 'I hope I will be able to help, but unfortunately I am also terrible at directions. Park Chanyeol by the way.'  He extends his hand to Kyungsoo which the shorter male shakes in return.

'No worries, I guess I will probably figure it out...' Kyungsoo trails, agressively shaking his phone in hopes of maybe having his phone miraculously charged again. Which is pretty stupid but why the heck not.

'Um, where are you staying actually?' Chanyeol asks.

Kyungsoo stops shaking his phone and replies, 'It's the Tokyo Hotel.'
Chanyeol smiles and Kyungsoo thinks it's the brightest and most dazzling smile he has ever seen in his entire life.

'What a coincidence. I am also staying there so I can take you. Hopefully I don't get lost as well,' the taller man winks at Kyungsoo and he thinks that his heart actually skipped a beat.

'Great then, lead the way,' Kyungsoo says in return.


They get to know each other on the way, Kyungsoo finding out that Chanyeol is in fact a songwriter and is in Japan to get inspiration for his latest track. Kyungsoo tells the taller male that he is a chef and his goal in Japan is to try out all the Michelin star restaurants.

'Wow, you are a man with a plan.' Chanyeol says as they reach their destination. The taller male opens the door for Kyungsoo, gesturing for him to go in first.

'Thanks for your help, guess I gotta go check in now.' Kyungsoo announces while internally deliberating whether or not to ask Chanyeol out for dinner. He loses his chance when the hotel staff takes his luggage and gestures for him to check in, leaving the taller male standing in the lobby.

Kyungsoo sighs as he listens to the staff's explanation about his room and whatnot, the only thing going through his mind is how he missed out the perfect opportunity to ask Chanyeol out and now there might be no chance whatsoever because he did not ask the taller male which room he was staying in or better yet his contact details.

'Here are your card keys, hope you have a pleasant stay at our hotel,' the staff hands him the room keys and smiles which he forcibly smiles back, trying to hide his disappointment.

Kyungsoo gets in the elevator with his luggage, momentarily lost in his thoughts. It takes him a moment to realise that he has not pushed the button to his floor yet so he goes ahead and does so but he halts as he sees that the button has already been pressed.

He looks next to him and sees the person he was looking for, Chanyeol smiling at him.

'6th floor right?' The taller male asks.

'How do you know that I am staying on the 6th floor? Can you read minds?'

Chanyeol chuckles at Kyungsoo's cuteness, 'No, I just so happened to read the number on the key that you are holding.'

The shorter male looks at his key to find that yeah, his room number is written on the card key in bright golden letters. Obvious much.

The elevator doors open as they reach the 6th floor with Kyungsoo stepping out while carrying his luggage. He is surprised when Chanyeol also follows him out of the elevator just right before the doors close in front of them.

'Don't tell me you stay on the same floor too,' Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow.

'Not exactly, though that does sounds like a good idea so that I can see you more often. Maybe I should ask for a room change? Anyway, not to sound like a classic stalker or anything but I actually waited for you on purpose.'

Kyungsoo's grip on his luggage handle tightens as he hears the taller male's confession. Is Chanyeol actually interested in him too?

The taller male continues, 'So the point is, would you like to be lost in Japan with me? I mean we are both terrible at directions and being lost together is always better than being lost alone. I know that 'lost in Japan' line sounds stupid but then it sounded good in my head, you know that Shawn Mendes song right? So yeah, what do you say?'

'Yeah, that sounds great. Let's get lost in Japan together,' Kyungsoo replies, smiling at Chanyeol who smiles back.