Wanna go for a walk?

At Home


"Hey, Hyukjae... do you want to go for a walk?"

"You mean right now? After dinner?

"No, I was thinking of going later... in the early morning?"

"What?" 

"I like to go for walks at that time, I want you go with me. Please?"

"But why did you suddenly feel like doing it?"

"I was thinking of going alone, but maybe if we both go, and since there are no people around at that time... We could kiss or hug or hold hands or something." 

Hyukjae wondered where did he find so much time to think about these things.

Putting the food aside for a couple of seconds, he looked at the younger man. Donghae was serious, that neutral, somewhat intense and sincere (and sometimes sad) expression. 

His eyes glittered with uncertainty, and he had begun to bite his lip.

In short, the lost puppy dog look.

Hyukjae knew what that walk implied: behaving like a couple in "public". Something that, even if they wanted to, they might never be able to achieve. 

One, because of the society they lived in, and two, because their relationship was still something of an open secret to most.

Hyukjae had never thought about it, because he was used to not showing too much affection with his parter. 

He did like the idea of going for a walk to a park, or bridge, and holding hands. It would be nice.

Knowing him, Donghae probably had been looking forward to this for weeks.

"It doesn't matter if you don't wanna go, Hyuk. I like walking alone too."

"No, Hae, I'll go with you." 

They looked into each other's eyes.

Donghae nodded trying to keep his serious countenance. Hyukjae was still looking at him. Donghae pointed at the plate of food.

"It's going to get cold."

Hyukjae came out of his trance and smiled a little embarrassed.