I'm waiting...

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ningning! Is it true?" A high pitched voice interrupted the solemn atmosphere of the student council office on a fine Saturday afternoon.

 

"What is?" The chinese student asked the lady that was currently standing near the doorway of the office.

 

"The news." She said like it was a universal fact that everyone on Earth should know.

 

"What news?" Ningning replied with confusion etched on her face.

 

Anna let out a loud puff of air when she heard the other's response. What's wrong with her? Anna asked herself. But for the sake of knowing the truth, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes at Ningning and instead she carefully uttered, "Jimin, Yoo Jimin." as she walk towards Ningning's office table.

 

"What about Jimin?" Ningning answered still clueless as to what the treasurer was pointing out. It has been a hell of a week for her: a ton of quizzes, piles of paperwork, and lack of sleep so putting her nose into someone else's business was the last thing on her mind.

 

"Jimin and Albert." Anna uttered oh so carefully while waiting for the reactions of her co-officers specifically their president whom she knows was paying attention to what she was saying from the get go while typing away on her computer.

 

"They're dating?!" Ningning exclaimed which gained the attention of the other officers inside the room. Heads snapped, eyebrows were raised when the words left the secretary's mouth.

 

"Of course not!" Anna turned down Ningning immediately like it was the most impossible thing to ever happen in the history of man.

 

Ningning's patience was running thin. It was an extremely hot afternoon and the aircon inside their office was doing a terrible job. Anna might get it if she keeps on messing with her.

 

"Then what? I don't have all day Anna Hwang." The chinese replied sharply this time as she fan herself with her hands.

 

"I heard that Jimin beat up Albert yesterday." Anna said casually as she walk towards her desk and arranged the stack of papers sitting on it.

 

"And where did you get that news?" Ningning asked not believing what Anna just told the entire office. Obviously the whole campus knows Yoo Jimin, and they know that she have kept a clean record ever since.

 

The other officers didn't mind the treasurer's words since they knew how the rumors spread around the campus: uncontrollable and unreliable. But not being able to sit still when she heard Jimin's name, Aeri can't help but ask, "Yeah where did you heard it? We all know that Jimin isn't the type to get into trouble so I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be punching anyone without a reason."

 

With a winning smile creeping on her lips, Anna then turned to the president who was clearly itching to know more about the issue at hand.

 

"It's legit, Aeri. I heard it from my friend who happens to be a classmate of Albert." Anna said as she faced the president this time.

 

"Well he deserved it anyway." Ningning answered with a smile on her face.

 

"Ning Yizhou..." Aeri warned Ningning.

 

"What?" The secretary asked innocently.

 

Shaking her head in amusement, Aeri decided to shrug Ningning's words away because she does have a point. But being the president that she is, she collected her thoughts and said, "True or not let's leave it to their coach to resolve the matter. It has not reached our office so I'm guessing that Coach Kwon has already settled whatever it is that happened on their team yesterday."

 

 

 

 

"So?" Aeri started as she sat across the raven haired girl who was absentmindedly sipping her iced coffee while fumbling with her phone.

 

"So?" Jimin replied still staring at the road outside watching the cars pass by one after the other.

 

Aeri took this time to look at Jimin and study her features once more. She looks so serene, Aeri told herself. Her eyes are more relaxed, her breaths are coming in a steady pace, and her overall appearance is more loose. Yes this is Jimin but Aeri can't help but ask herself the question, how and why has she gotten herself into trouble? Because the Jimin she knows prefers a calm university life. But before she gets lost in her thoughts, Aeri forced herself to come back to her senses and asked Jimin, "What's your penalty?"

 

"Penalty? For what?" Jimin answered still occupied by the view outside the café.

 

"Come on Jimin, don't play dumb on me."

 

And this statement made Jimin smile and finally turn her attention to her companion, "Okay you got me." she said to the president who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter