Yoo Jimin

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A black Honda sliver its way along the university parking lot stealing the attention of the students eagerly chatting on the sides. With confidence, the wheels of the vehicle effortlessly found its respective space amidst the almost crowded lot.

 

"Just in time." The driver muttered to herself as she checked the time on her wristwatch. A smirk playing upon her lips when she saw the numbers being pointed out by the two arrows: 7:50.

 

She quickly picked up her bag that was sitting on the shotgun seat and made her way out of the four wheeled vehicle. Even before she could exit the parking lot, she found herself being choked by a heavy arm which took her by surprise. But being equipped with her taekwondo skills that she learned when she was young, she quickly disarmed the so called attacker in just a matter of seconds.

 

"What the hell, Jimin." A low groan coming from the her attacker that's currently on the ground gripping his left shoulder to see if there was any serious damage done.

 

Andrew Yang. Jimin can't help but roll her eyes at the fool that was now wincing in pain. Offering her hand to help him back on his feet, Jimin didn't miss the chance to flick the poor guy's forehead once he regained his balance.

 

"Owww." Andrew flinched in pain as he rubbed the spot that Jimin just hit. "What did you do that for?" He asked still soothing the part where it hurt which is now leaving a red spot.

 

"That's for scaring me." Jimin replied after picking up her bag.

 

Andrew snorted at her words. "Scared? Everyone knows that Yoo Jimin isn't scared of anything."

 

After hearing his reply, Jimin made an act of punching Andrew in the face to which the latter was quick to provide a defensive stance. Looking at each other in the eye, both burst out laughing at the goofiness that they have put themselves in.

 

"Come on. We're gonna be late." Jimin motioned for Andrew to follow her out of the parking lot once their laughter died out.

 

 


"This is oh so your fault." Jimin threatened Andrew as she saw the door of their room already closed, their first class has started.

 

Andrew shrugged off her words knowing well enough that their subject professor won't be able to scold Jimin and the same goes for him since they'll both be entering the room at the same time. "Chill. Mrs. Lee won't even bat an eyelash at you. I bet she'll even smile once she sees you walk into the room." Andrew teased Jimin as they approach the door.

 

Unbelievable. Jimin thought to herself.

 

As expected, as soon as Jimin pushed the door open, all eyes were on them including their Professor. Just as had Andrew predicted, instead of reprimanding them Mrs. Lee just smiled at them, most specifically at Jimin and greeted them with morning pleasantries.

 

Just after Jimin found her seat, she felt Andrew lean over to her ear from the back and whispered, "See, I told you so." Jimin didn't need to turn around to know that a wide splitting grin was plastered on Andrew's face. 

 

"Shut up. We're going to get in trouble. Just listen to the lesson for once, Drew." Jimin muttered still rummaging through her bag to get her notebook.

 

"Once you let Mrs. Lee's son be your boyfriend, we won't even need to study this subject. Heck we can even skip it all year long. Just say yes to Jongshin already." Andrew whispered trying to tease Jimin once more.

 

Letting out a deep sigh, Jimin forced herself to not turn around and smack the lights out of Andrew's head. Patience, Jimin. She kept repeating over and over to calm herself down.

 

Finally getting herself together, Jimin shifts her body on her seat so she was facing Andrew. 

 

"Ten laps before and after practice. I'm telling your captain later." She said in a low tone to not disturb the class. 

 

"But—" Before Andrew could retaliate, his attention was called when Mrs. Lee mentioned his name opting him to go in front for recitation.

 

Having no choice but to follow through, Andrew slowly got up from his seat and sluggishly walked forward. Jimin could only be amused at the sight. Andrew is one of the best swimmers on the men's team so Jimin knew that the extra laps would not be a bother to him. But unfortunately for him, Statistics isn't his forté and he knows it too.

 

"So Mr. Yang..." And that was the payback that Jimin was waiting for. She watched in amusement as Andrew stood straight as a tree in front while struggling to come up with an answer to Mrs. Lee's question.

 

 

 

 

She loves swimming. She loves being surrounded by water. Somehow everything fades away when she's underwater. The noise, the people, the problems, everything. There was something that calms her whenever she's going with the flow and all the same she feels braver when she's going against it.

 

One more lap. She says to herself.

 

One more lap. To escape from everything.

 

One more lap. To drown out her thoughts.

 

 

One more lap. Until her peace will be disturbed.

 

One more lap...

 


"Jimin!" A deep voice called out as she finally resurface from the water. Taking off her goggles, Jimin wiped off the water from her face to get a clearer view of the speaker's features.

 

What met Jimin was a sharp-eyed man with a straight nose and thick lips. He was smiling from eye to eye. If she didn't know any better she would have thought that her Statistics professor just transformed into a man and just got younger.

 

Jongshin Lee. The captain of the men's swimming team. The dedicated suitor of Jimin.

 

"What's up?" Jimin asked him, her arms propped on the side of the pool.

 

"Both coaches wants

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter