Aeri Uchinaga

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was an air of confidence that surrounds her whenever she walks along the hallway. The way her arms casually swing by her sides, the authority that sounds whenever her feet hit the ground and the smile that rarely leaves her face once she buttons up her uniform. It looks like she was really meant for the position that she was given. Not too strict but not too loose either. That's the way Aeri manages her university responsibilities.

 

She was greeted with smiles by her fellow students as she made her way to Mr. Park's office, the university's sports head. In fact, when Aeri received the order to report to Mr. Park, she got a bit confused since it has only been days since the student council has been deployed to each of their respective teams. It's too early to run into problems right? Aeri thought to herself.

 

But all of her worries faded away once she opened the door to Mr. Park's office and saw the said man smiling widely at her. 

 

"Aeri, sit down and have coffee with me." Mr. Park said as he pushed a couple of buttons on his coffee maker.

 

"Mr. Park, I came here as the president of the student council and not as your favorite niece." Aeri tried to humor the man in front of her as she takes a sit on the couch in Mr. Park's office.

 

Mr. Park isn't new to this side of Aeri so just like their usual banter he decided to play along to the student council president's antics. "Oh, aren't you Aeri Uchinaga? The only daughter of Kate and Louis Uchinaga? If so then who are you and what have you done with my niece?"

 

"Correction, your favorite niece." Aeri said, smiling confidently at the man who was now pouring coffee into two mugs.

 

"And what makes you think that you are my favorite?"

 

"You're an only child just like me and as far as what mom has told me, she's your only best friend which automatically makes me your favorite niece." Aeri says as a matter of fact as she relaxes her back knowing that she just won their fake argument.

 

"You're really just like your mom. I never win against her!" Was all that Mr. Park could say as he place a coffee mug in front of Aeri.

 

"It runs in the blood. So what really is the reason that you called me here for, Mr. Park." A small smile grazed the man's lips when he heard the words that just left Aeri's mouth. As usual, Aeri is on her student council president mode. That's what she was called here for right? No doubt, she is Kate's daughter, Mr. Park said to himself.

 

"Hey go easy on me, Aeri. We are not in a business meeting you know? Drop the formalities since it's just the two of us in here." Said Mr. Park as he tried to loosen up the conversation while nursing his own cup of coffee.

 

Aeri got the hint. She let herself relax as she sip in the hot liquid that's keeping her hands warm. "So uncle?" Aeri asked in a more delicate tone this time.

 

"Yes?" Was all Mr. Park's response as he tried to play innocent in their conversation probably to try and keep Aeri's company a little bit longer.

 

Meanwhile the president forced herself to not roll her eyes at the man in front of her since he is still a professor at the university despite of the closeness and bond that their share. She still have to respect his position.


"Why am I here?" She asked again.

 

Mr. Park put down his cup and fixed his sitting posture before answering, "Can't I have coffee with my favorite niece in a beautiful sunny afternoon?"

 

"Uncle..." Giselle started again.

 

Sensing that the student in front of him was reaching her patient limit, Mr. Park decided to take her out of her misery and state the reason why he called her in the first place.


"I just wanna check in on you, okay? I know you'll be busy these coming months with the sports event. Of course you're not exempted with the tests so it'll be really tough. And I..."

 

"What Uncle?" Annoyance was now visible in Aeri's face. She can't help it anymore. One of the things she hate the most is to be left hanging. And her uncle is doing just that at the moment. This didn't go unnoticed by the man since a playful smile grazed his lips as if to say that he was just teasing her.

 

"I just wanted to ask you about your lovelife." Mr. Park said casually as he take another sip of his coffee.

 

Aeri can't help but to roll her eyes this time. She knows her uncle is back to his playful self. "Really? I'd rather go back to class instead of talking about something non-existent."

 

"Still?" Mr. Park asked not quite believing how no one in the university haven't made a move on her niece yet considering that she's more than your average pretty university student and to top all of that she's really smart too.

 

With her arms crossed over her chest, Aeri gave her Uncle an annoyed look before continuing, "You already know, you're just trying to rub it in my face that I'm single."

 

"True." Was all that Mr. Park could say to her niece as he gave her a sweet yet teasing smile.

 

"Just because you're already on the dating train you've been bugging me nonstop about my lovelife. That's so unfair uncle. We used to be on the same train." Aeri tried to remind the man in front of her. But apparently he has another agenda, "And now I'm on the other train. I figured you just need a little push for you to get some action going."

 

What left Mr. Park's mouth left Aeri dumbfounded. She can't help but to put her hands over her ears to try and unhear what his Uncle just stated. "Uncle! What the! I just want to remind you just in case you're forgetting that you're a university professor."

 

A laugh escaped the man's lips. He knew that her niece would react this way but he knows how to get out of the situation that he just put himself in, "I want you to go on dates, Aeri. What action are you even thinking about." Mr. Park said with the most innocent face that he could pull off.

 

But Aeri wasn't buying it. She knew what he meant. Is this for real my Uncle? Aeri asked herself as she looked at the man sitting in front of her. She knew he was just joking but she can't think of anything to say so she came back to that one line she always use to get back at his Uncle. With a sip of her coffee, Aeri then straightened her back before releasing the words she knew would shift away the conversation from her. "I'm so telling this to Mom."

 

Mr. Park just smiled and nodded at this then replied a simple, "can't wait" Just like Kate, he told himself.

 


"But seriously, how are you? Any sports team giving you any headache?" Mr. Park asked in a sincere tone this time.

 

This time Aeri was relieved that they're finally talking about something university related. "I was assigned on the tennis team. Smooth sailing so far. I just checked the other teams earlier and the officer in charge. I'm going to take a look at the swimming team later." Aeri stated as she finished her cup of coffee.

 

With the last sentence that Aeri just said, Mr. Park's eyes lit up and a little grin appeared on his lips, "Yeah of course you are."

 

Aeri knew his tone. She's well aware of his sarcastic answer. That's what you get for having an Uncle serving in the same university that you attend to she told herself. 

"For official duties." She answered Mr. Park as directly as possible.

 

But Mr. Park wasn't done yet. He likes seeing this side of Aeri. So in one last attempt to niece, he again smiled oh so sweetly at her and said, "Sure it is."

 

This time Aeri didn't held herself back and fully snorted at her Uncle's remark. She then grabbed her bag and made her way out the door after saying, "Goodbye Uncle." 

 

Mr. Park can't help but smile at the reaction fo her niece and thought to himself, she's really just like her Mom.

 

 

 


Walking around the pool never fail to give Aeri chills. It was normal since it's a bit colder inside considering that the facility holds a ton of water. But she knew it wasn't just that. A beautiful raven haired girl do play a part in this reaction of hers.

 

"Hey." Said a voice which startled her out of her reverie. A voice she knew for almost a decade now. Turning her head into the direction of the pool, there she met the eyes of the girl that had her heart since the day they met.

 

Walking over to the side of the pool, Aeri then crouched down so she can get closer to Jimin who was now resting on the side still submerged in water.


"It's past five already. Practice should be over. Why are you still in the water."

 

Jimin looked to her left, then to her right and saw that she was indeed the only one left. All of her teammates are preparing to go home and are packing their stuff. But she isn't like everyone.

 

"A little bit more won't hurt. We want that championship title right?" Jimin answered Aeri with a smile.

 

Competitive Jimin. Aeri knew this. She doesn't want to fail. She doesn't like losing. That's why she give it her all.


"You can't get injured either. You're an important asset fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter