Prom Night 2.0

Forever 3rd Wheel (F3W)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong and Dara are inside the backseat of an uber car, they are on their way to YG High School, but Dara is still clueless about it. So, to keep her preoccupied, Jiyong tells her about the whole Bigbang Project issue and how Insung wants to overhaul the whole project. She listens to him rant the whole trip while she reads From the [HE]ART, Jiyong's G-Dragon's secret blog.

                 DARA
This Insung guy, does he always annoy you?

                 JIYONG
His whole existence is annoyance enough for me.

                 DARA
No, what I mean is, does he do some things to annoy you? Just you in particular?

Jiyong tries to think about it.

                 JIYONG
Well, he likes to stare and smile at me in a weird way and I find it annoying. Does that count?

                 DARA
Maybe. What else?

                 JIYONG
He always takes my favorite pen from my table without my permission even though I always tell him not to.

                 DARA
He does?

                 JIYONG
Yeah. And he always comments on my outfit and how my eyeliner makes me look like "a girl".

Jiyong groans remembering that and Dara takes interest in that.

                 DARA
Oh. That's something.

                 JIYONG
What do you mean?

                 DARA
He's trying to get your attention!

Jiyong looks at her curiously.

                 JIYONG
What do you mean get my attention? For what?

                 DARA
I think he likes you.

Jiyong huffs at that. 

                 JIYONG
Stop talking nonsense.

                 DARA
It's not nonsense. It's possible.

                 JIYONG
No, it's not. He just wants to annoy me because he's an annoying guy. Period.

                 DARA
Not according to G-Dragon.

Jiyong perks up at the mention of his pseudonym but immediately plays it cool.

                 JIYONG
G-who- what now?

                 DARA
G-Dragon! You don't follow his blogs?

Dara now shows him her phone.

                 DARA
Look.

He is so happy to know that one of his best friends follows his blog, too.

                 JIYONG
Oh. That one. You read that, too? Chaerin and Daesung showed that to me a while back. I didn't know you follow his blogs, too.

He tries to control the smile that's starting to spread on his face. 

                 DARA
I'm obsessed with it. You should follow it, too. His blogs are very insightful. Like this one. According to him, Insung sounds like the type of person that falls into the category of a Pitbull.

Jiyong laughs.

                 JIYONG
Pitbull? Like the dog?

 

From the [HE]ART
blog by G-Dragon
THREE TYPES OF DOUCHEBAGS YOU WILL MEET

1. but·ter·cup
/ˈbədərˌkəp/
noun
- a person who makes you fall in love but with no intention of catching you;
derived from the song Build me up Buttercup

🎵🎶 Why do you build me up, Buttercup baby just to let me down? 🎵🎶

2. luke·warm
/ˈlo͞okwôrm/
noun
- a person who cannot make up his mind on how to treat you;
sometimes hot, sometimes cold

3. pit bull
/ˈpit ˌbo͝ol/
noun
- pitiful person who uses bullying to express his feelings

 

 

With her so focused on reading G-Dragon's blog, Dara didn't realize that they were already at school. She gets confused why they were there. Jiyong tells her that he needs to get some documents for work and tells her to just wait for him in the car.

                 DARA
Why are we here?

                 JIYONG
I just need to get some documents for work. Wait here, I'll be quick.

Jiyong gets out of the car leaving Dara behind.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Jiyong still hasn't returned. Dara keeps herself busy reading From the [HE]ART. Then her phone rings, Jiyong is calling.

                 DARA
What's taking so long?

                 JIYONG
Can you come here at the gym? I need help.

                 DARA
I thought you're picking up some documents? Why are you at the gym?

                 JIYONG
Stop asking too many questions and just come here.

                 DARA
Not with that attitude, I won't.

                 JIYONG
Are you forgetting how I saved your earlier? And that you owe me big time?

                 DARA
Yeah, I totally forgot about that. Oops.

                 JIYONG
Forgot about it already? That just happened an hour ago.

                 DARA
Yeah, yeah. I'm coming.

She hangs up.

 

 

 

Hyorin is waiting for Jiyong to hang up.

                 HYORIN
What did she say?

                 JIYONG
She's coming.

                 HYORIN
Everyone, get into position.

 

Everyone gets into their positions. They all hide and wait for Dara to come.

 

The whole gymnasium is dark, but when Dara enters, Hyorin turns on the spotlight and points it at Seungri who is standing at the center. Dara looks surprised to see her boyfriend looking so handsome in a black tuxedo, holding a bouquet of red roses, and smiling at her.

                 DARA
Babe? What's going on?

Then romantic music starts playing and Youngbae's voice is heard. It feels like their Prom Night all over again.

                 YOUNGBAE
And tonight's Prom King and Queen are Mr. Seunghyun Lee and Ms. Sandara Park.

Seunghyun who is wearing his Prom King crown and sash walks up to them. He discreetly hands Seungri a black velvet box he pulls from his jacket pocket.

                 SEUNGHYUN
I now pronounce you, Prom King.

Seungri takes the box from him and hides it immediately while Seunghyun places the crown and sash on him.

                 SEUNGRI
Thank you, Bro.

Seunghyun winks at him and squeezes his shoulder for good luck. In the opposite direction, comes Jiyong with Dara's Prom Queen crown and sash.

                 JIYONG
Your crown and sash, Queen Dara.

Jiyong puts the crown and sash on Dara as well then hugs her tight. She whispers at him before letting go of the hug.

                 DARA
I knew you were up to something.

Jiyong winks at her. Seunghyun goes to Jiyong and offers his hand to him, like a true gentleman and they take their leave to give the newly crowned Prom King and Queen a moment.

                 SEUNGRI
I know your dream was for us to be Prom King and Queen then. Too bad Seunghyun is more handsome than me.

They look at Seunghyun who gives Seungri a thumbs up, looking very proud of his best friend.

                 SEUNGRI
Now that I have his crown, can you be my Prom Queen forever?

Seungri kneels down in front of Dara and brings out the velvet box and opens it.

                 SEUNGRI
Please say yes, Babe.

Dara starts crying and nods frantically at him.

                 DARA
Yes. Of course, Babe. I love you.

Seungri puts the ring on her finger and gets up to kiss and hug her. Their four friends start cheering and congratulating them.

                 YOUNGBAE
And now, the King and Queen will have their first dance.

The newly engaged couple dances to Youngbae singing their favorite love song.

 

 

Everyone has a partner, busy with their own businesses while an upbeat song is playing. Youngbae and Hyorin, eating at the table. Seungri and Dara, taking pictures on the side. Jiyong is alone, sitting on the side of the stage, watching his couple friends. It's prom night all over again, he thinks to himself, then Seunghyun suddenly appears in front of him.

                SEUNGHYUN
Hey, what's eating you?

Jiyong keeps watching their friends while he answers him. 

                JIYONG
It's 2004 all over again.

Seunghyun joins him and sits beside him. 

                SEUNGHYUN
Prom night?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter