Aftermath

Perfect Nurse

HyeSoo's funeral was small, the attendees consisting only of the baseball team, brought by MinWoo, her father, HyoYeon, and one strangely handsome fellow that they all referred to as her late life care keeper. Decorations were kept quiet, and only a small picture of HyeSoo sat framed on an altar- her smiling at a park with a dog. 

HyoYeon spoke of how she'd tried to visit HyeSoo but couldn't find her and how sorry she was for the betrayal HyeSoo must have felt, especially when HyoYeon had turned her back to her. MinWoo spoke of her always positive attitude and how she had always been selfless. Her father spoke of her warm heart and perfect daughterly image. The boys touched on how she had never showed everyone her insecurities, but she always tried her best to be the greatest that she could be. The care keeper chose not to give a speech. The small group of people that remembered Song HyeSoo for who she really was mourned her death.


And with that, it was all over.

HyeSoo's father got his company back on its feet and regained his image with his sudden change in attitude towards sickness and medical research. He donated annually to a particular research group called "TRAX," and even took to paying for surgeries for families that couldn’t afford the cost.

“You’re not a failure, even though you couldn’t save me- you can save others.”

MinWoo never showed anyone the note that HyeSoo had written, but glimpses of it in paparazzi pictures and videos reveal glimpses of lines saying "live happily" "without me" and "don't wait." He improved his skills in baseball and moved to the States as a major league baseball player draft. Eventually, he got married and raised a family, complete with children and a wife. The family took a liking to donating a great sum to a leukemia research group run by a young man who decided to change his occupation after witnessing the death of someone dear to him.

"Because, MinWoo, you're going to become a millionaire one day, a baseball player, and I'm your first love." 

MinWoo, the nurse, was never really heard from again. At least under that name. Rumor was the incident with HyeSoo only added fuel to the mysterious burning hatred he had for the hospital, and he abandoned his plight to become a nurse. Some say he now actively researches an affordable and effective cure for leukemia under the name of Dr. Rose- the doctor that has, since his appearance, developed cures for many different forms of cancer already.

“You’re so talented, you’re going to help so many people one day.”