Chapter 33 - Payback

Length of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first time Taeyeon had seen a huge body of water, and luckily, they picked a beach that wasn’t so crowded. She was amazed by the view and the ambience of the waves colliding, birds and the few children that were running around.

When their feet touched the sand and found a favourable spot, the other girls were excited to get into the water and ran to a nearby change room hastily. Tiffany wondered why Taeyeon didn’t come with them, so she paused midway to look at what the latter was doing. She was stripping. Smart, she wore her swimsuit underneath.

Tiffany was about to continue her way to the changing room, until she saw Taeyeon taking off what appears to be her underwear. She was about to dash to stop the shorty, but stopped when she realized she is wearing her swimsuit underneath. God damn it, this girl!

 

After all of them got changed, everyone was wearing their two piece swimsuits, showing off their gorgeous skin and maturing bodies.  However, Taeyeon was the only person wearing a t-shirt swimsuit, because she felt self conscious of her body.

Jessica and Hyoyeon ran into the water like there was no tomorrow. Yoona and Sunny walked slowly into the water trying to get used to the temperature. Tiffany trailed behind to make sure Taeyeon gets in safe, fearing Taeyeon might drown because it’s her first time in a large body of water.

They went until the water level was up to their bellybutton.

“Holy crap it’s cold!” Hyoyeon screamed, followed by an equally loud Jessica. They buried themselves underwater, neck high.

“You guys are crazy!” Yoona exclaimed, slowly lowering herself into the water as well. She turned to see how her sister is doing.

 

Despite it being her first time, Taeyeon had no trouble with being in water at all.

During the first few minutes the group chatted about whatever came to mind. It had a common theme of getting to know each other more, as this was the first time that they were all together.

“Let’s play a game!” Tiffany called out with a beach ball in hand.

Everyone turning to her, wondering what she had in mind.

Tiffany described the simple get to know each other game, in which players answer questions written on the ball.

Tiffany would almost always try to pass the ball to Taeyeon, while the latter kept throwing the ball at Jessica, much to the girl’s dismay.

 

After answering almost every question written on the ball, everyone got to know each other better.

 

Sunny will stay after graduation because of financial issues, deciding to look for a job first. Then go to the capital and look for her friend.

Yoona got one more year of high school to finish. However, her dream career was acting. She feels kind of sad that it might be too late to pursue that dream.

Hyoyeon will focus on her studies.

Tiffany is expecting to be studying at the capital if everything goes smoothly.

 

Jessica passed for most of the questions.

 

Taeyeon answered she didn’t know for most of them. But few of them knew she got into the capital university and an internship.

 

 

However, Tiffany was happy with one of Taeyeon’s answers as she tried to recall just a few moments ago:

What’s your favourite colour?

Purple.

What’s your favourite food?

Junk food…

Ok, maybe she didn’t really like that part. She even called her out for it.

‘Ok! Soup!’ Taeyeon corrected herself out of irritation.

Yoona is used to Taeyeon being whipped for Tiffany, but it still gets her upset somehow, because she won’t listen to her..

What is your dream career?

I don’t know.

What’s your favourite past time during high school.

Watching horror movies with Tiffany.

Everyone found it to be one of the sweetest things Taeyeon had ever said. Tiffany was surprised Taeyeon answered that nicely, she did ignore the latter most of the day. Maybe the confession wasn’t so evil…no, it’s still evil. But definitely not so thoughtless after all.

 

Jessica sneered at how close the two had gotten, and to be honest she wish the shorty would rot. If she remembers correctly, since when did Tiffany like horror movies? Thought the latter would reject them with a million nos. Tired of being messed by Taeyeon, she told everyone she’s tired of playing and walked towards the shore.

She already has a grumpy mood for having to do community service because of her misdoings, and now she gets that midget tossing the ball to her almost every time. Today would have been way better if Taeyeon wasn’t here, even if Sunny is there, she won’t mind it one bit. She was hoping for a day without Taeyeon, but she should know by now: anywhere Tiffany is that shorty surely would be there. What the hell is that shorty’s motif? Who does she think she is? This is the worst day ever!

Despite all this, at least they are heading towards a restaurant after this. That meant food. Tiffany even tried to convince her not only to eat at this super expensive restaurant, but also reserve a private room. And Tiffany never begs her for gifts, or anything related to money, so she is curious what her friend is up to.

 

------

The group had a loud lunch, even when they are eating, they couldn’t stay quiet. Jessica’s mood gradually picked back up as she got to talk with Tiffany again, who was sitting beside her this time, away from Taeyeon.

On the other side of the table, it’s the first time for Taeyeon to be out with so many people. Yes, even if it’s just with 5 other people. She just observed the craziness and ate silently.

“This is sooooooo good!” Yoona beamed once the food entered . “Holy !”

Taeyeon choked at the sudden unexpected behaviour. “YO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter