Dance Practice and Monkeys

MORE THAN FANS

Kwangmin's POV

" Again!" Subin yells.

I groan and get up, sweat dripping down my face.
Youngmin, Jiyoung and Minwoo move to their spot on the floor, but Minjung remains seated at my feet.
I look down and offer her my hand.
She accepts it with a grateful look and quickly gets on her feet.
Shegoes to her spot across the floor and I take my mark.
Subin walks back to us and turns on the stereo using the remote before tossing it onto the floor when the music starts.
I immediately start moving, losing myself in the music.
By the time the song is over, we all look ready to drop, including Subin.

" Good job everybody! Even you, Youngmin. I think we'll be ready for the presentation tomorrow," Subin praises us, turning off he stereo.

Hyung glares at her but accepts the compliment with no complaint.
I lie on the rubber floor, hands underneath my head. 
Minjung sits beside me, staring off into space, an empty water bottle in her hands.
Turning to look at her, I become lost in my thoughts.

The past two weeks, we had worked EXTREMELY hard, especially Subin.
She managed to chereograph the entire routine in three days and teach the whole thing to us in less than a week.
She's actually a very good teacher, I'm surprised to say.
Even hyung co-operated with her!
I wonder if-

" Excuse me, Ms. Pyeon, but your father has requested that your friends stay for dinner," a maid says meekly from the doorway to the studio.

" Arasso," Subin waves away the maid, who disappears behind the door.

She then addresses us.

" Is that alright with you?" she inquires.

Minwoo and hyung pull out their phones to call home, while I roll onto my stomach, my shirt kinda riding up on the rubberish floor.
Subconciously, Minjung reaches down and pulls my shirt down over my back, fingers lingering on my skin longer than necessary.
When she realizes what she was doing, she pulls away, blushing hard.
I laugh and sit up, resting my head on Minjung's.
By that time, Minwoo and hyung have already confirmed that we will be staying for dinner.

" Okay, good. Now, everyone hit the showers!" Subin says, getting up and walking upstairs, Minjung and Jiyoung trailing after her.

I guess that leaves the three of us to leave the showers in the room adjacent to the studio.
We get up and stretch before heading for the showers.
As the warm water hits my body, my thoughts wander to Minjung.
The way she blushes.
The way she smiles.
The way she laughs.

" Hyung are you done yet?" Minwoo calls from the other side of the curtain.

" Neh," I say, shutting off the water and wrapping a towel around my body.

I step out from behind the curtain to see Minwoo and hyung already dressed.

" Yah! What took you so long donsaeng," Youngmin scolds me.

I smile at him, remembering Minjung.

" Mothing," I lie, " Nothing at all."

I walk around him and shift through my gym bag for my clothes.

" Whatever," hyung sighs, " Just hurry up. Subin-ah will get mad if we take too long."

My head shoots up and I look at him curiously.
I see Minwoo do the same.

" Since when did you care what Subin thinks?" I ask.

Hyung looks at the two of us, looking confused and slightly annoyed.

" What?! I don't care what she thinks," he scoffs.

He let's out a tired breath and runs a hand through his hair, knowing he won't win this fight.

" Whatever. Just get ready quickly, arasso?" he says before grabbing his own bag and walking out of the room.

Minwoo and I share a look before he also picks up his bag and follows after hyung.

' Weird....'

Subin's POV

The six of us sit at the table, waiting for my oh-so-wonderful parents to finally grace us with their presence.
We had all met at the table at around 7 o'clock.
It was now 7:30.
The door to the dining room finally creaks open and...... oh, it's just the monkey.

" Hey buddy," I say, as my pet chimp, Bongo, walks up to me.

He swings onto my lap before climbing to the top of my high-backed chair, eyeing the few unfamiliar faces.
Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo all look scared out of their minds.
It's all I can do to stifle the laughter threatening to erupt out of my mouth.

" Hey Bongo," Jiyoung says, beckoning Bongo to come closer.

He obeys, immediately swinging over to Jiyoung.
This involves him climbing onto the back of Minwoo's chair and over Kwangmin's lap.
Once he reaches Jiyoung, she immediately starts fawning over him, scratching his head and playing around with him.
The boys looks at me.

" Uh, care to explain the monkey?" Youngmin asks, watching Bongo out of the corner of his eyes.

" I probably should, huh?" I say, giggling.

" Well, duh!" Minwoo exclaims, leaping out of his seat when Bongo leans over to sniff him.

" Ok fine," I mutter, not pleased with the sarcasm. " When I was around 10 years old, I watched a couple of documentaries about animals. One of the just happened to be about chimps and how they are used for product testing. They breed chimps just for that purpose, you know? So, I showed Appa the documentary and let's just say he wasn't very happy. In the end, we did a little -scratch that- ALOT of research and found two of the biggest companies that used chimps for testing. Appa sued them and brought his best lawyers on the case. They won and set all the chimps free, but there was a problem. One of the chimps had died during recent testing right after she had given birth. The baby was barely a week old! It was too young too go out into the wild on it's own, so I took him in. He's been with me ever since. I know it's kind of weird to say this, but Bongo is like a brother to me, and I wouldn't give him up for the world," I finsh.

They stare at me, dumbstruck, while Minjung and Jiyoung continue to play with Bongo.

" A monkey... Seriously?" Kwangmin asks.

" Technically, chimps are from the ape family," Minjung says, jumping into the conversation.

" What did you say his name was?" Minwoo inquires.

" Bongo," I reply.

" Bongo...." he repeats, testing the word on his tounge.

Next thing I know, Bongo is on his lap, looking at him expectantly.
Minwoo opens his mouth to scream but I quiet him with a wave of my hand.

" Offer him your hand," I whisper.

Slowly, Minwoo extends his hand towod Bongo, who, after a few curious sniffs, takes it and gives it a firm shake.
He then moves to Kwangmin and extends his hand.
Kwangmin smiles nervously and softly shakes Bongo's hand.
Bongo, who is not satisfied with the handshake, takes Kwangmin's hand again before giving it a firm shake.
He then makes his way to Youngmin, who knows the drill by now.
He accepts Bongo's hand without hesitation, and when their handshake is over, Bongo gets up on his legs and walks out of the room, closing the door behind himself.

" Well that was weird," Minwoo states the obvious.

At that moment, the doors are flung open revealing my parents.
My father takes a seat at the head of the table with my mother to his right.

" Sorry we kept you waiting," my mother apologizes," My husband's meeting ran a little late."

" Is Bongo not joininus for dinner?" my father asks.

As he says that, the doors leading to the kitchen are opened and in walks Bongo, along with some other maids, who are carrying trays of food.
Bongo takes the seat on my father's left, beside Youngmin, who looks a little uncomfortable to be eating next to a monkey -sorry- ape.
Trays are placed on the table revealing a feast that we, especially the boys, eye with a ravenous hunger.
My mother laughs.

" Well, what are you waiting for," she says," Dig in!"

Dinner has been served, but I have a feeling this night is only beginning.

 

~~~~~~

Hey!!!
asian_ninja937 here!
Again, sorry for the late update, but the sites been all wonky and we've been busy, as one of our authors is in Japan.
Actually, she got to see Boyfriend live in concert *jelly face*
Anyway, hoped you liked the chappie.
They are mostly just fillers for now until the drama gets going.
Hope you aren't bored!

Please comment and subscribe.
Seriously, I don't care if you don't want to comment.
Even if you say hi, I will be happy.
Subscribing will make me happier and possibly get you faster updates *wink wink*
Got to go now!
Bye!!!

-asian_ninja937

Ppyong~