Projects

MORE THAN FANS

Subin's POV

Omo!
Of all people, why was I chosen to be the leader of this group?!
No one was giving me their full attention and I was starting to get annoyed.
We managed to pick a song and....... well, that's about it, really.
Instead of wasting my energy on my unresponsive group, I walk to a cornor and start cheorographing by myself.
The song we chose was 'Machine' by Exo-K.
Thank goodness it's one of my favorite songs.
Even before we were assigned this project, I already had some moves made up for it.
JIyoung and Minjung find it weird that I make my own cheorography to songs that already have a dance to it, but dancing is my passion.
I can't help myself!

" Neon machi chagun machine. Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, machine. Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, machine. Kalghachi areumdaun yeosin. Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, machine. Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, macine." I finish cheorographing after the end of the first chorus, sweat pouring down my face, preparing to do it again.

I glance up on impulse and see every single person in the class staring at me, but none more so than my own group.
I smile sheepishly and bow apologetically before deciding to go back to my group insead of doing the routine again.
I reach my group and Minjung, Jiyoung and Kwangmin immediately begin showering me with compliments.

" Wow Subin ah! I didn't know you could sing and dance that well!" Kwangmin exclaims.

A blush starts to rise in my cheeks.
I didn't realize I was singing!
Aish!
Minjung sees my uncomfortableness so she cuts him off and addresses the whole group.

" This project is due in two weeks and Subin will propbably work her off on the routine," she shoots me a look," so I think we should meet up after school today." she glances at me, signalling that it's my turn to speak.

" Ah... yes," I begin awkwardly," we could go to my house and I could teach you all the moves I have so far...."

" Where will we prcatice?" Youngmin inquires rudely.

" In my basement," I reply, glaring at him," which so happens to be a dance studio, made just for me." I give him a smug look. " Anyway," I carry on with my instructions," you guys can go home anytime you want, my parents wouldn't mind." I turn to MInwoo." If you can, stay for a little bit longer so we can work on the next part of the routine." I say.

" Neh," he mumbles

RING~

The bell rings and Mrs.Park resumes her place at the front of the studio..

" Good work everybody! Remember, the project is due in TWO WEEKS! Arasso? Good!" she dismisses the class.

My last two classes of the day are Science and Math.
I make my way to my locker to grab my bag and map after changing back into my uniform.
The science lab is on the 2nd floor, according to my map, so I find the nearest stair well and head upstairs.
I get to the first platform when I see a familiar blonde idiot opening the door to the second floor.
Being as quiet as I possibly can, I follow him, hoping he's not going where I am.
He enters room 212.
I check my map.
Science Lab: Room 212
Oh s***.

Jiyoung's POV

I make my way out of the dance studio after making a quick trip to my locker when I hear a vice shouting my name.

" Jiyoung! Jiji ah! Noona wait!"

I stop and take a deep breath.
Minwoo stops next to me, panting from running.

" Yes, Minwoo?" I say, tears already b my eyes.

Instead of answering me, he quickly takes us to an empty classroom and pulls me into a hug.
After a few moments, I hug him back.
I have forgiven him already.
I can never stay mad at him.

" Jiyoung ah, I'm sorry," Minwoo's voice is muffled by my hair.

I pull back and cup his face in my hands.

" Minwoo, you have nothing to be sorry for. I overeacted. I guess I was just surprised that my childhood best friend has a girlfriend."

His face softens and he opens his mouth to speak.
I can sense he is going to apologise again so I cut him off and try to change the subject.

" So Minmin," I see him smile at the use of my nickname for him, " what class do you have next?"

He takes his schedule out of his bag and shows it to me.

" We have Phys.Ed together!" I say happily.

" When?" he asks.

I check my phone.

" Now."

His eyes widen and he drags me out of the classroom as quickly as possible.
We run to the gym together and make it in the nick of time.
The class itself, though, was pretty uneventful.
Our first unit is volleyball, so we just went through various positions and different techniques.
I look at Minwoo playing Keep Ups with a group of boys across the room, and I immediately feel guilty.
I lied to him today.
I told him that I freaked out that day because I was surprised.
The truth is that I was jealous.
Jealous that she gets to be by his side.
Jealous that she was in his life when I wasn't.
Jealous that she's his girlfriend and I'm not.
I sigh and shake my head and turn back to my own game of Keep Ups.
We play for a couple more minutes before we are dismissed and sent to out last class.

Minjung's POV

Finally!
It's my last class!
And to make things even better, Kwangmin is in this class too!
We"ve been texting back and forth all day, during the time we have between classes.
I enter the Vocals class and take a seat.
Just then, my phone buzzes.
It's Kwangmin.

' Where are you >.<'

I smile softly to myself.

' I'm already in class. Where are you :P'

' I'm just outside the door....'

I look up and see Kwangmin waving at me throught the small glass window in the door.
Grinning, I signal for him to come in and sit beside me.

" How was your last class," I ask, trying to start conversation.

He smiles before answering.

" It was pretty boring, but watching hyung and Subin fight behind the teacher's back brought up my mood."

I raise my eyebrows.

" They have another class together?"

" Yup," Kwangmin says.

RING~

The bell rings and the door slams shut.

" Good afternoon, class. I am Ms.Cho," a very strict looking woman stands at the front of the class.

The entire class and bows in unison.

" Annyeonghaseyo," we chorus.

Ms.Cho bows back.

" Okay class, let's get right down to business. I want you to pair up with anyone in the class," she instucts.

Kwangmin immediately grabs my hand and I blush at the sudden skinship..

" These will be your pairs for the first project. For this assignment, you will each choose a random CD with an instrumental on it. You will also recieve a sheet with lyrics. Your job is to match the lyrics with the melody as best as you can. You may chage the words a little, but not too much. This project is to show me your vocal range and your ability to adapt to different vocal styles. Does everybody understand?" Ms.Cho finishes.

" Neh," the class answers.

" I want one person from each pair to come up and write their own name and their partner's name on this sheet of paper," she says.

Kwangmin gets up and goes to the front of the class.
Once everyone is seated again, Ms.Cho starts calling up pairs to pick a CD and lyric sheet.
After a couple of pairs, she calls our names.

" Jo Kwangmin and Shin Minjung."

We get up and I feel every single girl in the class glare at me.
At the front of the class, there is a pile of CDs and a few papers fanned out, face down, on a desk.
Kwangmin reaches for a CD in a dark blue case and I pick a random sheet of paper.
On the way back to our seats, some girl trips me.
I feel myself falling but I never hit the ground.
I open my eyes and crane my name to see Kwangmin looking down at me, one arm wrapped around my waist.
Quickly standing up, I hurry back to our seats and seat down, trying to ignore the snickers of the class.
I hide my hot face in my hands and try to hide my embarrasment.
Kwangmin senses my distress.

" Minjung ah, did I do something wrong?" he asks, concerned.

I smile into my hands before raising my head and replying.

" No oppa. You didn't do any thing wrong. I promise," I reassure him.

He nod his head, still a little bit worried, and rests back in his seat.
Ms.Cho calls out the last pair and the bell rings shortly after.
Kwangmin and I walk out of the class together and collect our stuff before meeting everyone else at the school gates.
By the time we get there, many of the students hav already dispersed.
Jiyoung and Minwoo are laughing together while Subin and Youngmin stand chest to chest, huring insults at each other.
I see Subin raises her fist, and so does Kwangmin.
He rushes over to his hyung and pulls him away quickly.
I go to Subin.
Her face is red and she's breathing hard.

" Subin! Subin, what's wrong?"

" That idiot has the nerve to insult me! And to make matters even worse, I have all 8 periods with him! Eight periods! This is so f***ed up!" she rants.

I'm speechless.

" You have all your classes with him?" I ask, dumbfounded.

" YES!"

I try to think of a way to calm her down.
If she doesn't cool off soon, who knows what she'll do to Youngmin!

" Okay.... Subin, calm down..... please. Tomorrow, we'll go see the principal, okay? He'll sort things out. Right now, we have a project to do," I say.

Subin takes a couple of deep breaths before answering.

" Okay, I'm good. Thanks Minjung..... for calming me down," she says.

" No problem unnie," I reply before calling everyone to us.

Youngmin seems to have calmed down as well.
Kwangmin and I share a look.

" Is everyone ready to go?" I ask.

" Neh," they answer.

" Okay, let's go," Subin takes the lead and heads in the direction of her house.

Kwangmin and I bring up the rear of the group.

" I have a feeling this is going to be a long year," he says.

I sigh.

" Me too."

~~~~~

Heyo!!!
asian_ninja937 here!!!
Sorry we haven't updated in so long!!!
We will do our best to update sooner!!!
Life's just been hectic lately and one of our writers is in Japan.
Anyway, thanks to our subscribers and even if you haven't subscribed yet, you know what to do ;)
Please comment as well to give us your input!!!
Thanks!!!

-asian_ninja937

Ppyong~